“Excellent for downtown attractions & kids!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Family Fun package
Ranked #22 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Excellent for downtown attractions & kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed with our 2 young kids for a mini getaway in Omaha. Not wanting to drive once we got back to the hotel from our day trips out (Henry Doorly Zoo one day and water park the other) we chose a downtown hotel to avoid a long walk. The Embassy suites had a great pool & hot tub which is a must when you have kids - and its right there, in the heart of the Old Market so we just walked out the door and everything was right there.

Location is perfect. Service, room & breakfast were perfect too. Highly recommend it for anyone with kids and/or wanting a nice hotel within walking distance of the Old Market.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our location in the Old Market. We take pride in providing the complimentary services that you enjoyed and are always working to enhance our guests’ experience. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Omaha.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

This was the worst experience! After driving for 9 hours we arrived at the hotel. Outside was very nice valet personnel was very nice! We walked in and we thought we had chosen a nice play to stay based on the name. Upon checking in, the lady didn't say anything to us but kept going back from our station to another gentleman and then she disappeared and he took over for her, and we were finally told they didn't have a room for us because the person who was in my room decided to stay. I'm sorry, that's not my problem they knew we were coming and shouldn't have said that was okay. They him hawed around and said there was not a single two bed room in the whole place. Finally I simply asked can we have a king with a sofa pullout? Why I had to ask was beyond me they should've offered that in the beginning. Gave a room key and off we went. Opened our door and was blown away but the smell of smoke and mildew. With my oldest son having asthma this was not acceptable nor was it acceptable For any person. Went back to front desk to be told I was wrong it was a non smoking room. Go smell yourself I responded. As my irritation grew the man finally have us another room and it was better. However carpet in room was coming up and looked wavy across the floor. My baby often tripped on it. Saw a paper for I guess the lady that was suppose to get that room welcoming her the night of our stay. Who knows where she was put???? If we hadn't been so tired from traveling we would've left but unfortunately a convention was in town and every hotel was booked up. I would never stay here again!!!!! Ever!!!!! Save your money and stay somewhere else. For all our trouble I had $20 taken off our $200+ bill. Ridiculous!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the service and experience you expected at our hotel. We’re very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of our suites. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience and consider updates to our rooms. We hope with updates to our rooms you will consider staying with us again in the future.

We also want to sincerely apologize for our service provided by our team that was negative Service is clearly the backbone of our business and we will absolutely address this to ensure we are providing the service that is expected.

We welcome any further comments or suggestions you may have.
Thank you again for taking the time to reviwe our hotel.
Wellsville, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Just returned from a weekend stay at this property. Checkin was flawless and the valet parking was handled well. We enjoyed the Manager's Reception and thought they did a great job keeping the tables cleared and the snacks replenished. However on Saturday night we couldn't get some pretty basic drinks like Cranberry Juice and Vodka or Malibu and Sprite. These were both available Friday night.
Breakfasts were good, omlettes and pancakes were quick and really good, but consistent problem with coffee availability. For some of us we really need our coffee in the morning;)
Our rooms were kept very clean and the request for additional towels was handles prefectly!
We loved the proximity to the Old Market area and enjoyed dinner there. It was also easy to get to the zoo and the staff was wonderful to let us know the easiest route.
We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. . Your feedback about our Complimentary Manager's Reception is very important to us as we will use this as a learning tool to improve upon our services.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to the Embassy Suites during your next trip to Omaha.
Chandler, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Walked into the Lobby after our wedding to find out they where over booked. Made my reservation mid April for the end of June. Sat in the lobby with my bride for an hour in tux and gown waiting for it to be straitened out. Finally management found us a room at another property. Management was curious but we should have never been placed in the situation wedding night or not.

Room Tip: Strongly recommend the Hampton Inn and Suites off Cummings across from the new ball park still a Hil...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate you choosing our hotel for your wedding night and would like to apologize for the way the situation was handled.

This is not the standard of Embassy Suites and unfortunately we were unaware it was your wedding night. We’re very sorry we could not accommodate your reservation and apologize for our mistake.

I understand this does not make up the inconveniences you experienced during your time with us but would like the opportunity to make it right. If you ever are looking for a hotel in Omaha again please do not hesitate to call us directly.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We just returned from a 3-night stay during the Olympic Trials for Swimming. This hotel is in a fantastic location with easy access to good restaurants in the Old Market area. The common areas of the hotel are fantastic. The rooms need to be updated. They were clean, but desperately in need of updating. The bedding and towels in particular were not of the quality we are used to in Embassy Suites. The breakfast was very good considering the volume of people going through the buffet line each morning. It is unfortunate that the rooms are so drab and dated.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, July 5, 2012

I'm glad you enjoyed our location. It is also nice to hear you were able to enjoy the complimentary services we provide. I do want to take a moment to apologize for your guest suite. I am happy to inform you that in late 2012 and beginning 2013 Embassy Suites will be receiving a complete hotel renovation and we hope to welcome you back then.

Thank you again for your review!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

First of all - it was one of the busiest weekends of the year in Omaha - CWS and Olympic Swim Trials. I chose to stay at this hotel for the location, and it did not disappoint. The hotel offers a free shuttle within a 3 mile radius, and I used it a lot! I came in via Amtrak and even after my train was delayed over an hour, they were waiting for me. The guys working the valet are great ambassadors of the hotel...Kyle is the one who stood out the most. The free breakfast is amazing, and the guys behind the grill didn't slow down for 3 hours!!!

I read some reviews about the decor being "old" and "worn down"...that was not the case at all. The room was clean, flat screen TV's, and everything in perfect working order. If you are looking for a hotel that is close to the action - this is the place for you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for your delightful review!

We strive to be the best, and when our guests recognize that, when there are other hotel options, we are elated that we stand out and become your preferred destination in Omaha.

I am glad our assocaites could be there to help. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed your two room suite and complimentary breakfast/services we offer.

Thank you again for your review of your recent stay; we appreciate you sharing your experience
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stay here very frequently because I can walk to work and to Old Market and skip the rental car. This location is a bit on the old side, but they have done a pretty good job on the TV's, beds, etc. I agree with comments about the decor being a bit aged. The all-suites format gives you large rooms with a separate bedroom. The typical Embassy Suites focus on large water feautres in the atrium serve as good noise dampeners. Customer service is good. The full breakfast is still a good point of difference with the Embassy Suites. If I could change one thing about the breakfast it would be to GET RID OF THE DOUWE EGBERTS LIQUID CONCENTRATE COFFEE!!

I have parked at the site those times when I have a car and I am not a fan of the self parking set up. You park across the street and trek over to the lobby. When it's busy you better get back early or good luck finding a spot.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger, but recently they've started charging more for them.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your room, our breakfast and the location to the Old Market. We are looking forward to renovations in the next year and are very excited for all the changes.

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property.

Been to Embassy Suites Omaha Downtown/Old Market? Share your experiences!