“Unenjoyable Stay” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 73 hotels in Omaha
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Unenjoyable Stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Desk clerks weren't friendly at all or seem to care much about their customers., breakfast hours were 6a.m. - 9:30 But there was no breakfast room open until 7:45 a.m. Tried to get clean towels, but maid staff weren't able to understand what I were asking for. noticed many young girls coming and going out of rooms with different gentlemen, wasn't something I thought should be going on at all hours of the night. place smelt of body odor. chairs were discusting. there were bugs in bathrooms . I did like the Tv's and beds were pretty comfortable.. I 'm pretty sure I'd never stay again. wouldn't recomend to anyone. And was wondering why I was charged $89 when the site said $59 single. The location was ok being downtown but didn't have anywhere close I could gt a good cup of joe, or something quick to eat.

Room Tip: rooms on first floor seemed to have less traffic and smell better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We booked this hotel because we got it for 38.00 and were going to get there late at night and leave the next day for a flight out of Omaha. I would not ever pay a dime more to stay at this place. It had a smell to it, and was just a room. Nothing nice about it. The hair dryer was missing, it had the cradle for it but the dryer was gone. There was not a coffee pot, but a place for it.......right across from the toilet in the small bathroom......yuck!,,,,who ought placing a coffee pot in the bathroom was a god idea. The carpet was wet as the fridge was unplugged and melted out and leaked on the floor.
The bed was not too bad, if you don't mind stained sheets. The only good things were that the shower was very clean and it was only 38.00.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hastings, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

When I got to the room, I noticed a wire hanger was in place to flush the toilet. When I went back to the front desk window, nobody was there. Since it was late I just went to bed. In the morning I woke to find cockroaches under the sheets. I jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom to find more on the sink and tub. I did take photos and video of this right away to show the desk staff. I grab my stuff and went to the check out window. I ran the bell at the front desk window and waited 15 minutes and nobody ever came. I stay at hotels at least 6-7 times a month, and this is the worst stay I have ever had. Really disappointed in the choice inspector for this property!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Stay here if you like quick access to downtown, enjoy sleeping and showering with roaches, and don't mind parting with valuables. Hotel staff barely speaks English and WON'T do anything about your concerns except tell you to call the 1-800 number to log a complaint and the manager will call you back, which he won't. I gave up trying to get refunded after four calls and no responses to people taking my info with statements like, "The property manager will be notified."
After seeing roaches, they moved me into a room with LESS roaches. After hearing about my jewelry getting stolen? "You wanna call the cops or what?" Seriously??? That's it??

The place is crap. Don't stay here.

• Stayed October 2012
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am at this hotel now and let me say... sketchy is the first word that came to mind. The parking lot is tiny and I couldn't even tell it was the hotels. The elevator... let's just say I wasn't sure I would make it to the third floor. The halls are dungy and have an odor... and all of that was the best part of my experience. The room... there are holes in the walls, paint scraped off in other areas and large black smudges in other areas. They gave me a smoking room which had a top to an old glass candle jar for an ashtray. There is no clock in the room. The hair dryer is missing and they can't find me one to use. The dresser has drawers that don't match and the handles are missing. There are fruit flies in the room. When you sit on the bed it sinks toward the head of the bed.The bathroom is TINY and has cigarette burns all over the counters. The shower curtain has black mold on it. The towels have brown stains on them. The tv and the mini fridge (while all scuffed up) are the only things that worked. And their "breakfast" was a joke... bagels but no cream cheese. Cereal but no milk. The juice machine didn't work. frozen waffles that were thawed out and put in a stack. The only thing edible was the mini muffins. Not even cream for the coffee. I am supposed to stay here two more nights - that's not going to happen. I will be finding another hotel today. I chose this "hotel" because it's close to the office I am working at this week and the price was very low - that should have been my first clue. Never again will I book a hotel without checking out this site.

Room Tip: Check trip advisor first and don't come here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Grand Island, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I don't even know where to begin. This was the WORST hotel experience of my life. When booking online, none of the negative reviews I am finding now were on the website, so unfortunately I didn't see the negatives until AFTER our stay. It seemed okay, said newly remodeled and the pictures online looked decent. I thought it would be a pleasant stay for $80 per night. They should not even be charging $24.99/night. Everything was DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY. We were in a non smoking room and it stunk like cigarette smoke mixed with other unidentified smells, the hallway smelled like marijuana smoke. The bathroom was disgusting to say the least. There was hair all over the walls, the tub and sink were just gross. The bed didn't seem to be clean as far as the comforter. There was a recliner in the room that was stained, soiled and non usable. The carpet was worse. I went to make coffee and there were 2 used heroine needles in the water reservoir in the coffee pot. When we left, we went to get the cam corder out of the bag once we got a museum and a cockroach crawled out of our bag. When I checked out on a Sunday, I asked for a refund, he said he would have to check with the manager and get back with me. Today is Tuesday and I have called and am still waiting for an answer. Looking at the other reviews it seems I may never get one. I found heroine needles, cockroaches & filth in the hotel and you won't give me a refund? DO NOT STAY HERE no matter what. The location is not good, it says it's close to things but it is in the ghetto. The parking lot is really bad, very little lighting and it is not safe. I wish these reviews carried over to other websites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Where to begin...

I've stayed at quite a few hotels as I travel a lot for work and pleasure. I am no stranger to dives and don't mind staying at them as they are usually a good deal.

We stayed two nights ($50/night) over Memorial Day weekend in 2013. The room was not clean and had a bad odor. The surfaces in the bathroom were crusty. There were stains in the bathroom and corners that had grime dark build up. The bathroom had a non trivial amount of other people's hair on the tile, tub and walls and the shower curtain had stains. To make matters even worse - there was a gap between the bottom of the room door and the hallway so all sorts of smells and sounds easily made their way into the room.

It would have been a decent deal for $25, not so much for $50. I should have read the reviews of this place on TripAdvisor before I booked, I would have stayed somewhere else.

It's a great location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!