“This "tree" is dead.” 1 of 5 stars

Double Points Package
Ranked #32 of 76 Hotels in Omaha
“This "tree" is dead.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

This Doubletree is a poor poor example of the Doubletree brand! Let me just list...

1- the hotel is on a central cooling system and cuts off air conditioning from about Sept until June.

2- with no ac... One would like to open a window and the front desk staff seem to take great pride in offering this as a suggestion when you complain that it's hot... Don't be suprised when you get to your window only to find it flips open about an inch. However, the air must pass through a disgustingly dirty screen full of dirt, lent and God knows what else. (See photos)

3- it takes a minimum of 10 minutes to get hot water up to your floor for a shower. Last time I water 19 minutes with the water running full blast until it slightly began to warm. That's soooo environmentally sound!!! :0(

4- the restaurant is rarely ever visited and most times I've had to stay here... It's been closed. (There are other options such as bar food or room service)

5- I have yet to have a room with an iron that wasn't broken in some form or fashion.

6- the front desk staff (in general) takes a defensive stance with any complaint rather than a more apologetic or helpful approach.

7- they do offer warm cookies! There you go! Something positive!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Stacy P, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Juggernauttraveler,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Sandy Buonanni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed four nights over Memorial Day weekend - in town for a high school graduation. Location is convenient to downtown and perfect for our needs. Bedding was very comfy, Starbucks in the lobby was convenient, and the hotel staff was friendly. Housekeeping could have been a tad better. Bathroom floor needed some attention and the paper towel holder was dangling by the visible wall anchor.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests, especially when it presents us an opportunity to share the nice feedback with our team.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to host you again when you travel to the area. We can't thank you enough for staying with us. Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 402-346-7600 or by email at sparks@omahadoubletree.com.

Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

As others have stated this is a very nice hotel. I want to commend the shuttle drivers. They always were available and came to get us promptly at night. We used the shuttle multiple times and were very pleased by the drivers and their service. The front desk staff was nice giving out hot cookies and bottles of water when I checked in/out. That isn't something you get everywhere. My room had a comfy king size bed a tv and an armoir and a desk. My company paid $170 for the night. My room was clean and functional. We did have a drink in the bar area. The bartender was prompt and kind. It was a smaller bar and the drinks cost $7.50 a piece.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Kansas City, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Worst experience ever when paying $200 per night. 1st I had trouble finding the parking garage and when I called the hotel for help the male staff was very rude. The guests in the adjoining room fought loudly from about 2:45am - 4:30am. Slammed the room door several times going in and out to argue in the hall. The toliet paper holder was broken and the paper kept falling in the floor, the hotel does not allow you to control your room temp. It was humid during my stay in Omaha and you could not turn on the A/C. because the hotel only runs the A/C during certain periods. The front desk would provide a fan which would not have made a difference to me. I will not return to this Hotel. I can be much more comfortable spending much less than $200 for 1 night.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Sandy Buonanni
Stanley, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall the hotel was fine and provided good value for the price. It was reasonable close to some of the tourist spots. Close to some dinning options. The staff was helpful, especially the shuttle bus drivers. It does provide a fine space for business functions. Just make sure to park at the city garage to the west. The bank one is much more expensive.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Sioux City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great experience at this location! Very friendly staff in all areas! The rooms were very nice! Very nice brunch and the omelet chef was the best! Even though it was sold out for the Garth Brooks concert weekend it exceeded expectations! It was nice to have the shuttle service to the concert but it was impossible to connect after the concert.

Room Tip: Don't use Priceline to select your room!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Las Cruces, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We loved our experience and stay at The DoubleTree by Hilton downtown Omaha, Nebraska. Fantastic location and wonderful staff! Our kids always enjoy the swimming pool and complimentary internet! Thanks again this was an xtra special occassion! Our son graduated from Creighton University!! Yvonne.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Stacy Parks

Been to Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown? Share your experiences!