“Key had to be reset 12 times. Hotel guest were having a party all night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown

Special Offer
Double Points Package
Ranked #31 of 76 Hotels in Omaha
omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Key had to be reset 12 times. Hotel guest were having a party all night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I checked in and keys worked. I left the room and returned and the keys did not work. Front desk person indicated that I was not registered in the room.(how would I have keys and she did not need me to provide additional information other than drivers license. On Saturday night. People partying all night. Could not go up or down the elevator unless I waited for 25 minutes. As the evening went on elevator had urine in it. Young guest were talking loud and one even was naked. I called front desk to see if they were aware of the all night loud talking and total occupancy of all elevators most of the night. There is no way the security should not have been aware of the loud noise and the disturbance. Returned to my room after a meeting at 4:00 PM and room had not been cleaned??? Room was cleaned at 6:00 pmThere was not much sleep to prepare for an early morning appointment. Food-bacon was not crisp and most of the food was not served hot. It was cold eggs and potatoes??I have never experienced this at any of the Hilton Hotels.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Right from the time we check in till we check out we always have a great experience staying at Doubletree, Omaha NE Downtown.
The staff is quite friendly and made us comfortable with fresh chocolate chip cookies and naturally flavored water with cucumbers as we check in. Every time we travel West from Chicago we always stay here, the location is great, view is wonderful, one can walk around downtown and have a great time with lots of great restaurants plus fun things to do.

Being a Hilton Honor member is an additional plus to get the additional perks, to top it all the breakfast is great with a great chef who will makes the omelets to your taste and ingredients in front of you. Our kids love their pool, for me it was like 007 swimming Skyfall on the roof top kind of pool.

We as family decided every time we visit Omaha NE we will only stay at this Doubletree, the DT team at this location does a great job to make you feel quite comfortable staying at this location. Working for a global company this is one of my favorite hotels to stay; keep up the good job Doubletree, Omaha NE Downtown General Manager and staff!

Isaac

Room Tip: Rooms on 18th floor are quite comfortable
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests, especially when it presents us an opportunity to share the nice feedback with our team.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to host you again when you travel to the area. We are so glad you like the treats, and the room. We can't thank you enough for coming back and staying with us. Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 402-346-7600 or by email at sparks@omahadoubletree.com.

Hastings, NE, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything was excellent! We will be back to Omaha and will definitely be staying at the Double Tree Hilton! The staff went above and beyond in accommodating us. I would recommend staying here to all my family and friends.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stacy P, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, 6 days ago

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to host you again when you travel to the area. Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 402-346-7600 or by email at sparks@omahadoubletree.com.

McCook, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for 4 nights for a conference. Very nice, with parking in an attached garage. Lounge in lobby was small but nice, and well attended to by staff (try the pepper infused vodka in a bloody mary after a long day) The lounge food was good too. Room was nice, clean and comfortable. Conference facilities were nice. I had asked for a fridge in my room due to medications and a dorm size one as well as a microwave were there upon my arrival, perfect size for my needs--but you need to request them. (also just a hint, the higher your room, the better the view and it was beautiful at night-ask for a higher room too) I dealt with the hotels LOCAL number and not the Hilton Reservation Line or website) Only "downs" to this stay are: the heating/ac in part of building is set by season, with no separate control in room. It was a very WARM winter in Omaha and the rooms were hot. (asked for a fan and it was delivered in minutes!) by day 2 of the conference the hotel had changed to the "summer" system. Remember this was MARCH in Nebraska.....so it was really odd the weather was that warm. 2: they were working in the parking garage, and the car was COVERED with concrete dust. (like sandpaper on the paint if you touch it). I understand they needed to do the work, but we could have been directed to a different floor or nearby parking area. (there was one across the street-I'd have had to pay to park there, but it's cheaper than repainting a car!!) NOTICE would have been nice. Within walking distance to the historic "Old Market District" of Omaha.......and the hotel had shuttle service available within a 4 mile radius. We walked as it was nice. The Casino's in Iowa, just across the river had shuttles running at request for those who chose to go there. I grew up in the Omaha area was a bit nervous about the downtown location but it was easy to get to, I felt safe the entire time, even walking after dark (in a group). Conference will be there next spring as well. My reservations have already been made.

Room Tip: Higher Floor Better View
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The rooms are extremely dated. This place needs updated badly. My shower wouldn't stop running or turn off. The fan made loud noises. It's time to invest some money into this property guys. I will not be back any time soon. I am Diamond status. This is the worst Doubletree that I have ever seen.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our guests. It looks like we disappointed you in a few areas and we will use your review to improve our hotel. We share these responses with our staff to help them really improve the quality for guest like you. We love our diamond members and I'm so sorry that we disappointed you. Thank you again for your feedback. Have a wonderful day.

Stacy Parks,
Director of Rooms
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed at your hotel on 4/9/15. After starting my work day at 330am I finished and headed to your hotel for some much neede R&R. My day was so hectic, I hadn't eaten since 5am. I arrive at your hotel and made it to restaurant at 5:30pm. First of all, the waiter was wonderful. He was so Attentive, friendly, great employee, working alone with iver 8 tables to tend to. You managed them. After an hour my steak salad still hadn't arrived. He kept checking on it and offering apologies. Then it came just over an hour. I figured the tab would be comped, however it wasn't. He was so busy I just took the bill and my ice cold steak salad to the front desk, where the restaurant manager (the only manager on duty) was called to speak with me. 10 min later she comes and says "what is it?! Who needs me?!" Feeling rushed I explain to her what happened and that the salad was pathetic. It didn't have most things listed on the menu and the steak felt it can from the refrigerator. She asked what she could to and said it should have been comped. I asked if she had the steak dinner on the menu to which she replies (after 1hr 20 min wait to get food I had to send back) "yes but I won't comp that for you. I will only come the salad for another salad, the same salad". I said "it looked terrible" and she said "that was their policy". I felt very short changed at this moment. Having been in a similar industry for 12+ years, I immediatly felt devalued as a customer. I asked if she could just bring me a new salad and have it sent to my room. It's now 650pm. My order was placed at 530pm. 20 min later (7:10-7:15) my steak comes, overcooked, wrong dressing, no pita chips. Again, it was wrong. She explained someone called in and that she was helping cook. I understand, I've been there, but it could have and should have been handled differently. If I wanted something a little more, it seemed like a fair request. I even told her I didn't feel that was right but out of exhaustion and being very hungry I gave in.

In addition the restaurant, bar, and lobby area remain very cold. I mean really cold. They have small space heaters in bar area but restaurant still very cold. We moved to find warmth. Now I am in my room #712 and well.... There's only one bar of wifi signal strength and I can not connect. No wifi for me.

Also, in certain seasons you can not adjust the temp in your room. So old that it what the hotel sets the temperature settings.

The young lady at front desk sincerely apologized, the waiter was awesome. Management, not so much. I've been working since 330, on my feet, in customer service. Not happy, and don't recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
We appreciate you providing a review of your recent stay with us. I apologize for all of the inconveniences and issues you encountered with us during your stay, which is very uncharacteristic of our property. We always use the positive and negative feedback from our guest to improve and develop our service and we continue to try to improve every area of the guest experience. If given the opportunity, we would love to have you back with us so we can make it right.

Arthur English
Director of Food and Beverage.
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As soon as I arrived, I remember this hotel from 25 years ago -- a former Red Lion. It hasn't changed, except its older. Bed was uncomfortable, room was mediocre, Free Internet wouldn't connect, and check-in staff really couldn't be bothered. For the cost of this hotel there are many better options within a block or two.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stacy P, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our guests. It looks like we disappointed you in a few areas and we will use your review to improve our hotel. We share these responses with our staff to help them really improve the quality for guest like you. Thank you again for your feedback. Have a wonderful day.

Stacy Parks,
Director of Rooms

Been to Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown? Share your experiences!