“Thumbs up for Doubletree” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Points Package!
Ranked #20 of 73 hotels in Omaha
Omaha, United States
“Thumbs up for Doubletree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great place to stay overall. Good location as within walking distance to old market entertainment district but hotel also offers bus shuttle as needed. Good, parking, value and accommodations and would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We met with the hotel booking group about 11 months before our wedding. At that time they recommended to us that we use only one hotel for our guests. We were expecting about 300 guests at our wedding, of which about 90% were going to be out of town so we expected to need about 100 rooms for the weekend. We explained this to them in person and they suggested that we could just sign a contract for 10 rooms and not for the full 100 because if we did 100 we would be required to pay for rooms that weren't booked. We offered to sign a contract for somewhere in the middle (around 50-80 rooms) however they said it wasn't necessary and there would be plenty of rooms. The room rate was set at $109 per night for 10 rooms. They said they would regularly check to see if rooms needed to be added and do so, however I had to email them several different times when the rooms filled up and guests contacted me. I sent them in email in February 1 week before our wedding invitations went out and they said they had added rooms so that we were at the max and would keep a closer eye on it. Then the next week after the invitations started to arrive I had guests contact me and tell me they were not able to book rooms and that the hotel was full. I talked to the staff and they said the hotel was full and we would not be able to add rooms. At this point we had only booked 30 rooms. Moreover, they had not added the rooms in our block the week earlier. When I spoke with the about the situation they said they would talk to management to see if rooms could be freed up. After about 2 weeks they were able to find 20 rooms they could add to the block, however they increased the price to $129 per night. When I asked why this was they said it was because they could sell them to the general public for much higher, I thought this was incredibly rude and I agree this is true however that is why we got a block of rooms. When we booked rooms with them we were told there were 2 situations, one, if they had rooms we would be able to add them at $109 per night or two, there weren't rooms, there was never a third situation where the rooms were going to be more expensive. From this point on they were very difficult to deal with and unhelpful. In addition they had welcome bags for our guests that I left with everyone's names on them and they called my cell phone (the bride) on the morning of the wedding because they were having trouble finding someones, which because I thought it was something important for the wedding I answered and while I was on the phone with them they found it. The hotel itself is nice however the lack of customer service outweighs the amenities. We were also told when reserving rooms that we would get hilton hhonors points for each of our guests and for the 50 rooms we booked (most for 2 or 3 nights each) we only got a total of 35,000 points which is one night free (if that). Also, they said that for all the rooms we booked ourselves we could get some nights free and when we asked about that later they no longer honored their word. I would not suggest staying at this hotel, especially not for a group or wedding party.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Fremont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel is like every Hilton. Clean, comfortable bedding, and amazing customer service. My husband surprised me with a get-away for my birthday. He had just mentioned it to reservations when booking the room so they would not email the confirmation to our home email. Upon arrival, there was a signed birthday card from the staff and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in the room. Touches like this, make us keep coming back to the Hilton family of hotels...we won't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Goldendale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Couldn't have been treated better. From the GM (Ms Bauer, to the DO, the asst F&B and the front desk (Nick & others)...even the van driver Doug. A very satisfying, no-problems business stay. From the time you arrive, the food, the service and the rooms are just what you'd expect from the Hilton DoubleTree here in Omaha. "shouldn't stay anywhere else."

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

PAPILLION, NE, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything would have been great if if it had not been for the major incident which left me sitting in my vehicle for over an hour. As I am of an advanced age, it would have been nice if a valet could have helped with the bags. As a frequent traveler, this was a first time experience of a MAJOR hotel without valet service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a fairly nice property and I really liked it's location in downtown. The parking garage was easy to navigate and was well lit. The staff were all very nice as well. The down side was that I had no water pressure in my bathroom sink. The water just trickled out and that made shaving and even washing my hads very slow and tedious. Disappointed because when I asked them to look into, they never did or they just didn't bother to follow up with me. Not sure I'd go back here. Just so so.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My favorite place in this hotel was the restaurant and the bar. The service in the restaurant was perfect. AMy, the hostess, knew everyone's name and was a happy person every morning. Jeannie and Jamie were wonderful and interested in our team and polite - I could not have asked for better. The food was outstanding and always hot. The bar tenders were fast and good and happy and polite. Thanks for the free laundry! A bonus! The bad point is that my room seemed very damp and nothing was cleaned properly. The ladies at the desk were very helpful and the manager could not have been nicer. The chairs in the longue were soiled. The shuttle was a great benefit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown? Share your experiences!