“look over your charges!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points Package
Ranked #32 of 76 Hotels in Omaha
OMAHA, United States
“look over your charges!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Hotel is very clean. Rooms were nice but warm (which may not be a bad thing for some people just too warm for my comfort). Only down side is they charged us for breakfast even after we told them we would pay at buffett if deciding to eat. We were over charged (i am not happy about) but over all our stay was very pleasent!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Travis K, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests, especially when it presents us an opportunity to share the nice feedback with our team. Please contact me so that I can assist with correcting the charges you had mentioned in your review.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to host you again when you travel to the area. Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 402-346-7600 or by email at tkuhlman@omahadoubletree.com.

Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have stayed here many times for business and it is a great location in downtown but it needs some updating to get an above average rating. The hotel staff are all good folks and they make you feel welcome and try to help whenever an issue arises. I think basics count so the rooms are comfortable if a little outdated. The beds are comfortable and the desk chair is comfortable if you have to work at a computer for several hours. The breakfast buffet is good if a little to predictable after your third visit, waitress are all nice as is the hostess. The bar is ok, but as another reviewer mentioned given the proximity to the front door if its cold outside its cold in the bar. The biggest knock on the place is the food, breakfast is fine but the lunch and dinner menu need help if not a complete do-over, most is not edible frankly. Luckily the hotel has a shuttle so head over to Old Market and you can have a great meal.

Room Tip: Try to get on a Hilton Honors floor if you are a frequent traveler, the rooms are a bit more updated...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Travis K, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests, especially when it presents us an opportunity to improve our guest’s experience with us. I do apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us. Unfortunately, it sounds like we fell short of our own high standards in this case ragrding your meal experience. To help avoid any recurrence, I have reviewed your comments as well as our expectations with our team, while our Chef has focused on the areas you have mentioned.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity in the future to earn your patronage by giving us another try when you travel to the area. Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 402-346-7600 or by email at tkuhlman@omahadoubletree.com.
Firth, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I found the hotel to be clean and the accomodations to be nice. The hotel staff were helpful and I appreciated the free wi-fi. I was disappointed the starbucks coffee was unavailable but the fresh omelette was excellent.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Travis K, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave valuable feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and wanted to let you know that we use all of our guest feedback to celebrate with our team. I wanted to apologize for the Starbucks not being available to you during your stay, but wanted to let you know that our new equipment is now in and we are back up and running.

We hope you will afford us the opportunity to host you again during your next trip to the Omaha area.

Warmest regards,
omaha, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

For what it cost I was not that empress with the hotel. It was very cold at the Bar, the drinks were bad. Dont think the bar tender really new how to make mix drinks, Had to go to the 9th floor to get ice. and the hotel smelled musky. Sorry

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Omaha, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Very reasonable rate of $89 for a Saturday night, clean hotel, good location. Love the warm cookies upon arrival and plenty of parking in the attached garage. Was there for an event and the food provided was very good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Nice hotel. LOVE the free laundry facilities - though some BRILLIANT soul had put detergent in the dryer... Service is very nice. Location is downtown; for restaurants or shopping you REALLY need a car. Not the hotel's fault; downtown Omaha is a bit of a food/shopping desert. Airport shuttle runs every half hour. Very friendly. Love the fruit-infused water in the lobby. Gift shop is minimal. Nearest drug store is about 2 miles away. I don't think the coffee shop was open while we were there? Restaurant is average. Great food a couple miles away in the Old Town.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Travis K, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2014

Travis Kuhlman
Kearney, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I'm usually not one to complain or even take the time to write a review, but after our stay at the Doubletree in Downtown Omaha, NE I thought something needed to be said. We checked in on a Friday afternoon and waited over 20 minutes in line to get a room, once we got to our room we noticed several things....it was definitely run down. The toilet paper rack was dangling from the wall, the shower had mold growing underneath the caulking and there was no shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion, etc. We called for some up to our room and after waiting 30 minutes decided we would go find some ourselves. The mattress was in poor condition. It slanted to the middle so no matter what side you slept on, you would roll to the middle of the bed. We were running late for the concert that evening so decided to eat at the hotel restaurant to save some time. This was a horrible idea, service was super slow and we waited for two club sandwiches for over an hour. To rub it in a bit more, all Doubletree talks about are their warm chocolate chip cookies...hahaha...we didn't receive any cookies the entire stay. I would recommend just paying a bit more and staying at the Hilton or save your money and stay at Motel 6. (You'll probably have a better experience there instead of this place)What a waste of $160 to stay here for one night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests, especially when it presents us an opportunity to improve our guest’s experience with us. I do apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us. Unfortunately, it sounds like we fell short of our own high standards in this case. To help avoid any recurrence, I have reviewed your comments as well as our expectations with our team.

Travis Kuhlman

Been to Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown? Share your experiences!