“Everything but Flawless” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 76 Hotels in Omaha
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Everything but Flawless”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Well...where to start?! I travel frequently on business and leisure. This particular trip was leisure. I met up with a friend and her family for the weekend. Now I completely understand that hotels can be busy at times and am very accomodating to this. However: Check in time is at 3. I arrived at 3:45 and they told me my room wasnt ready...and it would be ready in about 40 minutes. So...I put all my luggage and stuff into my friends parents room for a bit and visited with them. So an hour and a half rolls by and so I call the front desk because they havent called me yet. So...they said they hadnt gotten to my room yet. I waited another 30 minutes, then stopped down to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager. He told me it still wasnt ready...now going on 6:00. So...needless to say I was pretty upset...He told me that he would refund my hilton honors points for the room stay and never did. He came up with a lame excuse: "Oh we just had too many checkouts at the same time" I mean come on you ARE a HOTEL arent you?! I could plainly see that they were lacking maid staff. All he had to do was say that and let me know and I would have understood...but NOPE...he decided to try to pacify me with some lame excuse. Conversely...I guess the room was nice...great bed...but not for the hassle...I wont be returning to this hotel. I hope you wont either because you MAY never get your room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Stephan M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your candid feedback, we have spoken since and I want to thank you for the opportunity to make this right by you.

There is no excuse for poor performance and we are sorry we did not deliver to your expectations. Please know your business is meaningful to us and we appreciate your willingness to come bacl soon to give us another try.

We thank you for that!

Stephan & team Omaha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Shawnee, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The staff at this hotel are all very friendly and helpful! The have a shuttle service you can use to go to various places. The room was clean and not lacking anything. We asked if they had any rooms with a mini fridge and microwave. They said NO but we can bring those up to you at no extra charge. And they did. The pool area was nice. We did not eat at the restaurant. It is a little hard to find this place. It's on Dodge St between 16th & 17th. It is a one way street, and it will be on the right, tucked back a little bit. You do not see any signs for it until you are driving right by it. It actually looks like a street coming up, until you drive right by and look to the right and then you realize, there it is, and it's too late. They have free parking, but you have to get the passes when you check in, and still get the parking ticket when you go into the garage, then give them parking ticket and a pass when you go out.

I guess the only complaint we would have was they forgot to give us our cookies upon check in, but when we checked out, I told them that and they gave us our cookies. One night there were some people in the hall that were being rudely loud. They sounded like they had been drinking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Stephan M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for the fantastic review and the "superb accomodations" header, we appreciate your vote of confidence and great feedback. Come back soon!

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I wish I could rate this hotel at 3.5*. It is an older property but very well renovated. Like other Hilton renovated properties the rooms are very fresh and clean, I stayed in three different rooms and some rooms very nicer and cleaner than the others. The hotel provides airport shuttle and 4 mile area shuttle. They have an onsite restaurant with limited menu. The hotel also serves hot breakfast buffet which is very good. The location makes it walkable to the downtown businesses and old market area. The front desk and restaurant staff are courtesy and helpful. The hotel charges 7$ for car parking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for you kind words, we are glad you enjoyed your stay, our service, our location and accomodation. Please come back soon and tell all your friends where to stay !!!

Stephan and team Omaha
Lakeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed for two nights during the mid-week. It strikes me as a nice full service hotel. The room was comfortable and the lobby was great. I did not eat on site at the restaurant (and there is no free breakfast as I am accustomed to) but it is a nice up-scales hotel. The attached parking ramp can come in handy for rainy or snowy nights. You can walk or take the shuttle to numerous downtown restaurants as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for your kind review, we are pleased and happy about all our guests and their experiences and proud to see almost all of our guests rate us so favorably.

Safe travels, come back soon!
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Contrary to the previous review here, we would glady return! We were at the Doubletree for two nights during the annual John Deere Intro meeting and during our time here, we were very impressed. Don't get it, but WE thought the place was very quiet for its size. The people at the front desk were extremely helpful in answering questions, providing shuttle transportation, etc., and Jeannie at the restaurant made both my breakfasts there a very pleasant experience. Honestly can't think of anything they could have done differently. So thank you so much!

Room Tip: The room we had (1626) provided a fabulous view of the incredible sculpture/fountain and park across...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Stephan M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind review, we thank you for being our hotel guest during such a busy time as the citywide John Deere convention. Please come back soon and kindly let me know before you return, so we can try and have the same room available for you again,

Safe travels and a safe holiday ahead,
Stephan and team Omaha
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed at the double tree a few weeks ago and the rooms were very nice and i called down to get supplies for coffee but it never arrived so i went down to the front desk. I noticed that they were busy and I asked if they had any other help. The gentleman at the front desk said yes and then he called someone and a manager appeared from the back office. The managers name was Jason and he had no tie on, it looked very unfrofessional. I called down later for a fridge and it arrived quickly from one of the housekeepers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TULSD, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your review, we appreciated your feedback and aplogize that the items you requested took longer than expected - there is no excuse for poor performance and bottom line is we can do better. Thanks for your suggestions, we will review our records and use this as a fair baseline comment to drive the needle further.

Always travel safe,
Granbury, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The doubletree is a great hotel. It is also our "crew" hotel. The staff is always so accommodating. "Ask and you shall receive" the rooms are large and beds are great! Close to downtown. One of our favorite places to get a good nights rest.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
TULSD, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Hello from Omaha and thank you for your very good review, we are so happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and like our hotel so much. Always travel safe and come back soon,

Stephan & Team Omaha

Been to Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown? Share your experiences!