“Great location to Downtown and FANTASTIC service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Getaway Package
Ranked #6 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Great location to Downtown and FANTASTIC service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I could go on all day about how fabulous this hotel was. My husband and I took a random trip to Omaha for my 30th birthday. The staff suggested the best places to eat, the most fun things to do, and were very accommodating with anything we needed. We had an odd incident that occurred, but they were very wonderful, listened to our complaint and went above and beyond the call of duty. I was 100% completely satisfied. The shuttle to the downtown area was awesome, the drivers were super nice and very pleased to be picking us up. The pool/Jacuzzi was great, the rooms were clean, and updated. The bed was comfortable, I can go on and on. I want to give a shout out to Whitney and Matt for their amazing service they provided. They were (are) some of the best customer service reps that I have ever seen. I cannot image why anyone would go to any other hotel, especially if they were wanting to go do something downtown. They shuttle you within 3-4 miles of downtown (which is most of what I saw to do in Omaha), and that is not listed anywhere I have seen. Take advantage of it, and be sure to tip the guys...they deserve it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chamberlain, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Just spent a night in Omaha for Dinner and have to say that you cant go wrong with this Hotel. Staff was very friendly and extremely courteous and made sure that we were well taken care in our short stay. From the time we checked in until we checked out, all the staff seemed genuinely sincere about making sure our stay was enjoyable. The facility seemed relatively new and very well taken care of. Everything in our room was like new and made for a great stay. We took the hotel shuttle to our restaurant and even though there appeared to be several events in the area, we opted to walk back to the hotel and felt safe the whole time. Next time I stay overnight in Omaha it will definitely be at this Hampton Inn & Suites.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Central Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Just stayed three nights at this Hampton Inn during the NCAA basketball tourney. Close, safe walk to the arena, extremely friendly front desk team, and I thought the rooms were clean and well appointed for this type of faciltiy. The sitting area next to the breakfast area was nice touch and their "convenience store" selection was pricey, but well stocked. Ask for a room towards the north side of the hotel, it will be quieter. Nice place overall.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are noiser.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Dear Patty and the rest of the Hampton Inn staff,
I just wanted to thank you for hosting our wedding guests at your lovely hotel. It was such a beautiful event and we were so pleased with the service and convenience of both the Hampton Inn and Homewood Inn and Suites. It went off perfectly! The guests were pleased as well having it being so close to the airport. You can't beat the friendliness of Nebraska people and that definitely was reflected in the service we saw from your entire staff! Thanks again and hopefully we will be back someday for a visit, especially the CWS!

Best wishes,
Katie and Patrick Stewart

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights on a recent business trip. The front desk was so friendly and I even forgot my rental agreement for my car at the front desk upon checking in. They were calling me as I entered the room to let me know. At one point I put money in the vending machine and it did not give me anything in return. I said something to the front desk and they gave me a drink from their storefront area. Breakfast was great and something different each morning. I would highly recommend this hotel and will use again.

• Stayed March 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stay at Hampton Inns almost every week and I have a base expectation of a clean, comfortable room, a good breakfast, and friendly staff. I'm not sure I found these things at this HI.

The location is pretty good -- right down the street from the Qwest (now CenturyLink) center and about 15 minutes from the airport. I was able to walk to a pub (the Old Mattress Factory) for dinner, but as a woman walking alone at night, I felt pretty uncomfortable doing that, since the roads aren't well lit or sidewalked. The downtown is walkable, though, or a quick drive.

My room gave me a headache and red, itchy eyes the moment I arrived. It had clearly been cleaned with the benefit of a very strong air freshener which had the effect of making the room feel suffocating and maybe not as clean as it should be. The windows don't open, so I had to blast the AC to try to get the smell to dissipate. When I checked in, the woman at the front desk, who seemed to be a manager, was pretty rude to me and to the man in front of me, acting very rushed and hurried and as though we were annoying her. Her colleage took over, though, and was much friendlier.

Other than these things, it was okay, but I expect a higher level of service and cleanliness from HI.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
lsaronomaha, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after your recent stay at Hampton Inn and Suites Omaha Downtown. Your honest feedback is very valuable to us in helping us understand how we can operate in a manner that assures we’re exceeding our guest’s expectations. I apologize that you were not greeted in a friendly, welcoming manner. First impressions mean a lot in our industry and have a strong impact on a guest’s overall experience. Similarly, first impressions of your guest room, which includes the scent of the room, have a strong impact as well. I can say from my own personal experience that a warm, sincere welcome and a clean, fresh scent are two hot buttons for me upon arrival. I will use your comments as constructive feedback to our team to assure we’re greeting every guest with a warm welcome. Additionally, we will remind our housekeeping team to limit the amout of Febreeze they’re using in each guest room. If you would, please contact me, or let me know how I can reach out to you to make this situation right. Please give me a call at 402.517.9950 or email me at lsaron@ncghotels.com. I look forward to talking with you soon and to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Hampton Inn and Suites Omaha Downtown.
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

This hotel is less than 10min from the airport but you can walk downtown. It is not downtown amongst the restaurants (about a mile) etc. but is right across from the ballpark and near the convention center. The front desk staff is friendly and the breakfast selection is good. There is a sitting area in the front of the hotel. The king size bedroom layout was fine. HD tv with free HBO. Workdesk, controllable thermostat. Bathroom was spotless. My bed seemed worn, as if everyone slept on the side near the bathroom. When I slept on the other side it was firmer. Free internet access in room. Free business center with ability to print. Pool adequate size and very clean. No shower in the pool area. Work room with free weights and exercise equipment. Free, prompt shuttle service to airport. The shuttle also gave me a free lift downtown before taking a passenger to the airport. A little more expensive than the average Hampton, but most hotels I looked at in Omaha were more expensive than in other cities. The free services, breakfast, and transportation made this a deal over other places. One of the best Hamptons I have stayed in.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha - Downtown? Share your experiences!