“Fresh-baked cookies on arrival” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cornerstone Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Omaha
Cornerstone Bed and Breakfast
You added Cornerstone Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
140 North 39th Street, Omaha, NE 68131   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Omaha B&B and Inns
Kansas City
“Fresh-baked cookies on arrival”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

I loved the grand architecture of this mansion, and was pleased to be greeted with just-baked chocolate chip cookies on the landing when we were shown to our room. We were in the Castle view room, and liked looking out on the grounds of Joslyn Castle. The room was very large, and the king sized bed, couch, vanity, dresser, armoire and bench all had lots of room around them. It was nice to have so much charm and to not feel cramped at all. I'm not used to having a TV in the bedroom of a B&B, so I didn't pay much attention to the little thing. Breakfast was great with an egg souffle, sausage, cinnamon roll and fruit with home grown raspberries. What a treat! It was a lovely and romantic trip.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

This is our 2nd stay together (my husband's 3rd) and I must say that the place is going down hill. We stayed 10 years ago with the old owners and now this is my first time with the new owners. I really feel the place is falling a part. This place is in need of repair-badly! Old furniture mixed in with some antiques, run down rugs, odd showers, and stuffy. It was very disappointing seeing the Inn in this shape. Breakfast-horrible, during the week it is basic-ceral, bagels. I asked for bananas that weren't so riped and they said that was all they had, where is the fresh fruit? I couldn't find my InnKeeper during our visit and then when we left we hope that they would find our key for they weren't there when we left..Very absent InnKeepers, nice peope, very absent..If you like that, this it the place for you!
Also, we had a visitor one day, a bat, they took care of the problem and we didn't make a big deal, however, it was a bit uncomfortable. I would not recommend this place at all. I was SO happy to leave it. Omaha is limited on places to stay and I use to count on this one..Not anymore!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
CornerstoneMansion, Owner at Cornerstone Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
We are sorry this guest feels we are not adequately keeping up our facility. When she and her husband stayed with us, we were in the process of replacing the slate roof and experienced a few unusual issues due do that renovation. We continue to work on our house and hope that other guests will find it both clean and comfortable.
Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

We booked this bnb a few years ago, when the Nebraska Cornhuskers were getting their tail beat. We were hoping to watch the game on TV, staying in the Castle View Room. We had a 12" b/w TV to watch, without cable. The game was on cable and the bnb boasts cable. We ended up going to the Bohemian Cafe and watching the game in their bar.

Mark told us when giving the tour, "breakfast is at 9AM, then it gets cold." We were there on the weekend, when they do/did offer a hot breakfast. The food was good.

The bathroom is literally in a former closet. I could stretch my arms out and encompass both the stool and shower. That is the size of the bathroom from side to side. It is about as deep as the stool. The sink is just outside in the roomy bedroom. The furniture has been painted green. I'm sure some of it would have looked better refinished.

The proprietors are very businesslike and not friendly. There is a phone in the room and you can reach the innkeepers that way. I don't remember if we got them on the first try or got voice mail.

Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
minneapolis, minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

Please take my advice, do not go to this bed and breakfast!
The website is very nice but the rooms look nothing like the pictures that are displayed on the site. We called and asked what rooms they had available and they gave us the two most expensive rooms to choose from. The next morning, we realize they had $60.00 rooms available. The room is dark, dinky, and dingy and there is no sunlight that comes in the room because of the heavy drapes and blinds that you can't pull back. The bed made sounds when you turn over. The toilet paper was cheap, the liquid soap bottle was filled with water, the small bar of soap was so old it broke in half when I took the paper off, the shampoo and conditioner bottle had been used. That's all the amenities you get! The room was ice cold, there is no thermostat in the room, and there is only 1 thermostat for the entire house. The service was awful. My husband and I ran out of this bed and breakfast and never look back. We didn't even take pictures of our stay. This bed and breakfast was tacky.
We have stayed at several fabulous bed and breakfasts but this experience was horrible. Beware, Beware!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
These guests were unhappy, and we are sorry that was the case. We're not clear exactly which room they occupied, given that all of our rooms have draperies that open so the light can be controlled. We do not offer any of our rooms for $60, so we are confused by this comment. We do not encourage guests to book the most expensive or least expensive rooms. We hope no matter which room our guests choose that they will enjoy their experience. We are disappointed this was not the case.
Sioux City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

My husband and I are new to the whole bed & breakfast experience, however I would have to say despite my limited experiences, our stay was a definite letdown. We stayed in the fireplace suite, which was fine (not overly clean, dust everywhere)and there was no shower, just a tub with a hose attatchment thing (eww). We paid $165 for the room, which I can say must be because of the college world series that is going on. This was so overpriced for the actual accomodations. The breakfast was fruit, cereal or bagel--not what we expected, maybe if we were staying at a Best Western, but not here. Plus, you had to forage the food yourself, there was no one to wait on you or to even ask any quesitons of. When we went to leave, we wanted to hand our key to the owners (a lost key will cost you $100) and we could find no one. I finally called the place, and the owner came out his private quarters to get the key. I was appalled by the lack of hospitality and the overall dinginess of the home. Never again---

• Liked — the location was convenient
  • Disliked — overpriced for what you get
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

I've traveled around the country and around the world. I've stayed at the Cornerstone for business and pleasure and will do so again. I appreciate the chance to visit with Julie and Mark, the innkeepers. They're personable without being pushy. And Maggie and Lucy, the house dogs, are well trained and make it feel even more like home.
There's a reason visitors rent out rooms for months at a time. They pay equal attention to me, whether for a night or a week.

• Stayed October 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

If you are a tourist who demands granite countertops, flat-panel televisions and overpriced drinks a la Hyatt, Westin etc. this won't work. If, however, you are the smart traveler who seeks charm and comfort a la home, this mansion will be a nice diversion away from chain-land. Beautiful living room and dining room with massive fireplace, unique rooms, lovely banisters and chandeliers and intelligent proprietors make this a delightful getaway. The castle next door doesn't hurt, either. We stayed at a Doubletree the night before and this seemed like a oasis of class in comparison.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Cornerstone Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!