“Hidden Gem in Old Market--Best Ever Stay in Omaha!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Deco XV to your Saves list
Hotel Deco XV
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1504 Harney Street, Omaha, NE 68102   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #35 of 73 Hotels in Omaha
“Hidden Gem in Old Market--Best Ever Stay in Omaha!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start? Called this hotel on a hunch, found out they had a special weekend rate of $99 rooms which are normally $199, and was pretty well sold. Made reservations in person and were blown away by the amazing customer service and lovely art deco stylization. Michael worked at the front end when we checked in and was extremely helpful; he wanted us to stay as bad as we wanted to. He did everything he could to make our stay comfortable. Because it wasn't too busy, the valet drove us to our concert at the Waiting Room and came to pick us up. On the way there it was great chatting with Tyler, he gave us some great advice and was an overall entertaining person to talk to. The company did a great job restoring the 1930 era building and the service was extremely accommodating to create the most comfortable experience. Idealistic location in the middle of the Old Market, various entertainment just blocks away. A++ off the charts; we felt like royalty during our stay! Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Although I am a native to Omaha, I have never had the chance to stay at the luxurious Hotel Deco XV, which I had heard so many great things about. While I was just in town recently visiting friends and family I thought it might be a nice time to check out the place.
The Hotel lobby is decorated in an art deco manor. You can tell by looking at the outside that this is an older building that has been renovated. If you are into historical art deco architecture, I would recommend checking out the Deco, even if you just stop by the lobby area for a bit. As I was getting checked in, the front desk attendant, Eileen, told me a little bit more about the building’s history. She was really welcoming and seemed well versed about the building’s history. I also learned that no two rooms in the hotel are designed exactly alike! It was a little heartbreaking, however, seeing a beautiful bar and piano all set up in the lobby area and soon realizing that the piano was merely for decoration and that nobody plays it and the bar is not open on daily basis. But, perhaps that’s for the best I do recall it being terribly cold in the lobby and noticed that even the front desk had portable space heaters sporadically set up behind the front desk.
I had a king room on one of the upper floors. This room was spacious, clean, and brilliantly decorated with a gorgeous view of the city and had a shower, but no bath. You will find that there is really no use for a bathtub though, after giving this shower one chance. I have never felt so clean as I did when I stepped out of the Hotel Deco Shower! While the room was great, there is no coffee maker in the room. If you’re a morning coffee drinker, the only way to get coffee is to get dressed first and march down to the hotel lobby where they keep complimentary coffee out. Otherwise, I suppose you could pay to get it room serviced to your room. That is if the phone in your room works mine did not. I also noticed there was no way to order movies and also no dvd player either. I might also mention that there is no ATM machine on site, which was something I anticipated The Hotel Deco to have as well.
The hotel deco’s shuttle will also take and pick you up from anywhere in the Omaha area for free at anytime. At first when I was getting checked in and told about the amenities that the hotel had to offer I thought this seemed to be the best. I had never stayed at a hotel before where the staff went so above and beyond for their guests. The valet system at the Hotel was great and took me everywhere I needed to go. This allowed me to check out some new restaurants and shops that I had not had the chance to experience, as well as reunite with old family and friends. Thomas was my valet driver most of the time who was very courteous and knowledgeable of the Omaha area. While there were some things I would suggest changing about the hotel, the staff was definitely top-notch! I look forward to another visit at the Deco in the future!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hotel Deco surpassed all expectations from the minute we got to the valet. The hotel staff was friendly, prompt and professional. The room was neat and clean on arrival and very tastefully decorated. Contemporary and classy overall. We will stay at Deco time and time over. Two thumbs up!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

The exterior and lobby are nothing to write home about but the ever important room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Love all the windows and especially love the shower!
The restaurant in the lower level lobby had reasonable happy hour prices. The steak bites were tender and quite chunky but do not order the French Onion soup which was flavorless.
The biggest disappointment was that you HAVE TO get out of bed, dress and go downstairs if you are a coffee drinker in the morning. There are no coffee makers in the room. If you are like me and stumble your way to the coffee maker in the morning before you can completely open your eyes and function then you will also be dismayed by the lack of the coffee maker in the room.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Overall we had a very nice experience. I was a little upset at first when we checked in and had found that our reservations were completely incorrect and had been misinformed/lied to. We scheduled through hotels.com but later re-did our reservations through the hotel itself as Eileen informed as that booking through a third party does not guarantee the room you want. We confirmed the reservations just a few days prior to our arrival with Eileen, and were told that we were fine after a long pause. When we got there, we were told that the reservations had been made for the month before and we should check to make sure we didn't have a cancellation fee charged to our account. Michael was very helpful with this, was going to get everything sorted ASAP, and got us the great room that we wanted (Room 726 Corner facing South and West- King Suite with TONS of space) so that made up for it. Overall Michael was fantastic- super friendly and the Valet gentlemen were super nice as well. The shuttle-bus service is really helpful, wasn't too necessary for us as you're already in the old market and walking is COMPLETELY manageable.

One of the best parts about this hotel is the proximity to Old Market. Would recommend asking for a higher floor away from Whiskey Tango bar which you can hear from the north and east- It's a fun bar- just not fun to listen to. Something on the south (once construction's done or West is Best- higher floor) Our room was perfect. There was some construction next door early in the morning but that's not anything that the hotel can control, and I I'm sure the apartment dwellers in the area are already on their case ;)

There were a few things that we really missed that prevented 5 stars such as the coffee pot in the room, coffee downstairs is great, but easier access would have been nice. Also missed having a DVD player (we wanted to watch a movie we had gotten for Christmas) and missed a microwave. There was a fridge in our room, but no where to heat it food or drinks. Perhaps they have ones they can bring up, but we didn't ask. Wasn't the end of the world, just comes in handy though when you have a leftovers and want hot chocolate while you watch a movie.
The hotel has it's quirks being an older building. The heater was a bit loud, but honestly didn't bother us at all, and we were totally fine with the elevators. Not sure what the big deal is. The shower did leak because of a gap in the door, but that really wasn't a big deal either.

Funny enough, best part of the whole experience was THE SHOWER. Seriously. Didn't miss the whirlpool experience at all. We're installing one of these showers in our house because of this hotel. Loved it. We also got breakfast in bed (Beds are AMAZING by the way) which was delicious. The croissant sandwich I got was huge and came with fruit.

Overall we had a great time and would come back because of the shower, Michael's and the Valets' great customer service, great decor and beds, and the ability to walk right into Old Market.

Room Tip: Get a room on the South or West Side. Make use of the shuttle service if you want to go to the casin...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The exterior of the hotel is historic but located within walking distance to several places to eat and some stores.

The hotel Libby is eclectic? Maybe, but the elevators are right next to the registration desk so watch out with the traffic.

The rooms are very modern with a featured dark wall paper on one side. Tons of windows and natural light. The rooms are ample and the shower in the bathroom is AMAZING! I think I felt in love again with the shower!!! Love, love, love.

The room is missing coffee maker, even though they offer tea/coffee in the lobby, but I don't want to leave my room!
There are no plugs. Only 3 that I can see and that includes one side of the night table. A very noisy heater/ac. I actually had to turn it off and grabbed the Blanket so I could warm up while I was listening the tv at normal volume instead of trying to hear it over the heater.

The staff was very friendly and provided all info about the hotel which most of them were rules- no smoking, mini bar prices, etc etc.

Very comfortable beds and room itself but some missing details to make room warmer but I can come back

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Leawood, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel this week on business. Our company is going to have a lot of folks with extended stays in Omaha next year, so we are scouting out hotels for those long term stays.

Unfortunately, this hotel won't make the list.

First, the good stuff. This is not a chain hotel with cookie-cutter rooms. This is a cool old building with a lot of character that has been partially renovated. If you like the hipster, deco look you will LOVE this hotel. It's in a good location if you need to be in downtown Omaha. I was in a nice suite for the same price I have paid in the past couple of weeks to stay in a tiny standard room a couple of blocks away in a chain hotel. My room was quiet, comfortable and very well done. I tend not to sleep well in hotel rooms. However, I slept great in this room. Nice bathroom, though it took me a bit of time to figure out the shower. Free wifi, which is one of my personal pet peeves with the chain hotels. Ritz Carlton, I'm talking about you.

However, there were a few things that will keep me from coming back to this hotel.

First, you can't park your own car. You have to rely on the hotel valet. That's a deal killer with me if I'm not driving a rental. I don't like giving my car keys to MY eighteen year old, much less an eighteen year old I don't know. They need to disclose this on the hotel website. I never would have made a reservation had I known I couldn't park my own car. I was traveling with a lot of stuff, so this surprise when I got to the hotel late in the evening was very frustrating. I wasn't anticipating dragging all of my stuff out in the middle of a dark, cold, windy street.

Second, the front desk folks were very friendly, but mind-numbingly frustrating. I was the only person checking in, but somehow, I got checked in to the wrong room. Fortunately, the desk clerk realized her mistake just before I went up the elevator, saving me a trip back down to the front desk. In theory, at least. We got everything straightened out and then I proceeded up to my floor. I got to my room and much to my dismay, my key didn't work. After a trip back down to the front desk (dragging all of my stuff with me), I finally obtained a working key to the right room. I am sympathetic to busy desk clerks but this hotel wasn't busy when I checked in. I was the only person in the lobby. Getting people in their hotel rooms should be the most simple thing the hotel staff does.

Third, the elevators are in dire need of renovation and a good cleaning. They've spent a lot of time and money to renovate this nifty old building and again, my room was very nice, but the elevators were dank, dismal and, frankly, they both had an unpleasant odor. For me, the elevators really detracted from the otherwise nice renovation of the hotel.

Again, there's a lot to like about this hotel. The parking situation makes it wholly unworkable for our business needs, but if you're looking for a hotel with some character and nice rooms at very reasonable rates, try the Hotel Deco.

Room Tip: My floor had a lot of steps. If you have a large rolling bag you don't want to carry up and dow...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Deco XV? Share your experiences!