“Great evening” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Lodge

Save Saved
You added Regency Lodge to your Saves list
Regency Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   909 South 107th Ave., I-680 and Pacific, Omaha, NE 68114   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #45 of 73 hotels in Omaha
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Regency Lodge in Omaha Nebraska was one of the most enjoyable suites we have stayed in. The rustic log decor and king suite was refreshing as enjoyable as any suite we have stayed including the better suites of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Los Vegas and Reno. Close to home and a great stay between flights or a relaxing weekend in Omaha. Great courteous and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Consider the king log cabin suite for maximum enjoyment
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RegencyLodge, Sales Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
The staff at Regency Lodge truly appreciates your feedback. We are overjoyed to find that you had a pleasurable stay. We pride ourselves on being sort of a “hidden gem” in Omaha. With the rustic décor and cozy atmosphere found both throughout the hotel and our log cabin suites, it is easy to feel as though you have slipped off into the mountains for a private get-away. We are thrilled that our Mid-Western hospitality is treasured by so many others. Thank you for staying at Regency Lodge and please keep us in mind for your future endeavors.

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Flowery Branch, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!!!! I travel for a living and try to save $ when I can. I usually end up mad at way overpriced hotels with expensive meals and poor service. This place is under a $100 a night and a huge lobby decked out with leather chairs like a hunting lodge. Their is a restaurant and lounge that has room service. I have a big clean nice King room with a desk, fridge, sink and microwave. Just had a huge steakburger and fries for $10. Best hotel I have stayed at in a long time. My kinda place!

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RegencyLodge, Sales Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very delighted that you are enjoying your visit. It is important to us that our guests feel as though they are getting more than what they paid for. We have found that having a full service restaurant and lounge on-site is most convenient for our guests; thus allowing them to relax more easily. Our 909 Lounge has nightly drink specials and live entertainment Wednesday through Friday, as well. Travelers will find in each of our spacious guest rooms or suites a desk, mini-fridge, and microwave. Once again, thank you so much for your response and we hope you return soon!
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Shower pressure was pathetic. The water gently fell down, it was not normal shower pressure. The breakfast was great, although there were no healthy options like fresh fruit. The bed was comfortable, room size was good. Although the bathroom was extremely tiny. We forgot food in the mini fridge, so about 50 minutes after we checked out, I called and left a message for housekeeping to please call me if they haven't cleaned our room yet. It's been 2 days and never got a call back. I thought there was a hot tub, but there wasn't. It was in the pool area, but covered up and the front desk said there was no hot tub available to guests. It was hard to sleep wtih lots of poeple and kids in the hallway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RegencyLodge, Sales Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
I sincerely appreciate the feedback on your recent trip. With so many people coming and going in our hotel, it is difficult to find a water pressure that everyone is comfortable with. I am pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and will discuss options for fresh fruit with those of who make purchasing decisions. I will certainly check with housekeeping as to why they have not returned your phone call; however any food items or liquid left over in guest rooms must be thrown away due to state laws. Unfortunately, we have found that we must purchase a new hot-tub for the hotel. We have removed any advertisement pertaining to this and hope that it did not affect your travel plans too much. I apologize for any inconvenience it may have bestowed upon you. The hotel is very busy with travelers and we hope that everyone is considerate of one another, especially after dark while people are trying to sleep. I recommend for future travels, letting someone know if others are being too noisy or disrespectful, as most staffers at any hotel are happy to ask them to keep it down. Thank you again for your review and we hope that you will give our hotel another try.
Norwalk, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you are a business traveler look elsewhere. The beds are horrible, place is overrun with kids, wedding that took over the hotel and rude service. I tried to get breakfast 4 different times and it wasn't happening. Oh and the showers...if the neighbor flushes the toilet, guess what...you get burnt. ONLY saving grace...you get a free cookie at the Subway next door by showing your room key.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RegencyLodge, Sales Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Often times, over the weekend we hold weddings and wedding receptions at our hotel. We have a security guard on duty to handle any disturbances due to noise or rowdiness. He keeps a keen eye on everything, but it always helps to let staff know if there is a problem with the behavior of other guests. I am not sure with which staff member you encountered that was unpleasant, but I am very shocked and apologetic. As always, the happiness of our guests is most important. I am completely unsure why you were unable to take advantage of our hot complimentary breakfast, as it is set up buffet style and you need just to get in line. As for the plumbing matter, our staff is looking into it. We have not had recent concerns with the temperature being too hot, however we do not want anyone in danger and will work diligently to find a resolution. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at.
Key cards wouldn't work so we were locked out, then we got them reactivated and they still didn't work so we were locked out for about half an hour until maintnece finally came, and then one door still wouldn't work.
When we finally got into the hotel room there was a suitcase left there from whoever stayed in the room before us, and also some old underwear in the dresser drawers. Staff say they clean and walk through every room after the guests leave but clearly they don't.
Very rude annoying staff who don't help at all.

• Stayed July 2012
RegencyLodge, Sales Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I appreciate your response concerning your recent visit. I am remorseful that you were unable to enter into your room promptly. It does appear that there was a maintenance issue regarding the door lock. However, our staff was able to fix it and allow you to settle into your room. I am assuming the other door that would not work is the back door, as not all rooms have more than one entrance. The back doors have been more difficult this year due to the heat. The doors expand making them a bit harder to open; however a little extra effort usually does the trick. As my staff had explained to you, there was a mix up with a bus tour group that arrived the same evening. A bag was misplaced into your room prior to arrival, because they had left a room tag on from a different hotel stating to place it into your room number. I can assure you that our staff makes every effort to clean each room exceptionally. I will take extra measures to discuss with my staff proper cleaning procedures and stress how important it is to be pleasant and customer-oriented.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Planning an event with the location was long and tedious process. The staff was incapable of follow-up with simple requests, after requesting to speak with a manager I was told they don't have one on-site, only to be turned away with no resolution. I reserved rooms/banquet room, paid for drinks and appetizers, only to be told by a rude staff member (that slapped a family member) that we were not allowed to enjoy the facility after hours. You would think that after thousands of dollars over the course of a weekend stay, that whatever we requested/wanted would be their pleasure to accommodate us with. I had family drive for many hours to attend. Would have it been to much for them to make our last night there enjoyable and send my family home rested and happy? I guess so... ZERO STARS!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
RegencyLodge, Sales Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to follow up on your recent visit. Our front office staff is very knowledgeable and they are prepared for most any situation that comes about. Although, it is very rare for us not to have a manager on duty; in the evenings it does happen from time to time. If you felt that the staff’s inability to complete certain tasks was intolerable I wish you would have spoken to the manager on duty the following day. He or she would have been more than happy to resolve any problems. Like all bars in Omaha, we are bound by state laws to prohibit drinking alcoholic beverages not purchased from our own lounge within the lounge or beer garden area. Unfortunately, it also prohibits those drinking, even alcohol purchased from our bar, to 2 am in the lounge or beer garden.
Lincoln, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this property July 6 and 7 of 2012. Our air conditioning unit worked poorly (the maintenence man openly confessed that the units weren't able to keep up and there was nothing he could do about our discomfort.) The lightbulbs in the hallway, in addition to the refrigerator put off an incredible amount of heat, and what little cool/humid air the a/c unit was putting out was not able to compete with those to cool the bathroom. The outside temps in Omaha during this weekend were in the triple digits.

We were in town for an event, and asked in the morning at the front desk if we might have access to our reception room early. We were told that the management person who was to make that decision was due at 9a.m. We checked back at 9a.m., only to be told to she was not in yet and check back in an hour. 9a.m. turned out to be 2 p.m. - and when we did get our reception room, the a/c did not work in there either making our gathering very uncomfortable.

The property needs work, and a more professional staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Sales Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel. As you have stated, the temperatures last week were in the triple digits, and even in the ninety’s in the evening. It was quite difficult for any part of the facility to cool down completely. The air conditioning units circulating in the hotel ran at about seventy degrees. I am truly remorseful for your discomfort during that hot period of time.

The staff at Regency Lodge is here to offer help and we wish to do so in a timely manner. As far as the customer service you received, we have openly discussed with our employees that poor service is unacceptable and customer care is our top priority. We have taken measures to ensure that this problem does not happen again. I hope that you will give Regency Lodge another chance in the future.

Been to Regency Lodge? Share your experiences!