“Nothing But Praise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Lodge

You added Regency Lodge to your Saves list
Regency Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   909 South 107th Ave., I-680 and Pacific, Omaha, NE 68114   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #53 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
xeridot
“Nothing But Praise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2007

We can't praise Regency Lodge enough. Truly, it was one of the nicest hotels we ever stayed in. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was super-clean, very well stocked, and comfortable. They had a daily free "continental" breakfast which far exceeded anything we expected. They even had free Wi-Fi in the room! The building was well maintained and the grounds were absolutely lovely. There was even a good-sized indoor pool! If we're privileged to visit Omaha again, there's no discussion as to where we'll stay ... Regency Lodge.

• Liked — Everything was super-clean! And they were very accommodating to my service dog.
  • Disliked — I didn't dislike anything about it, honestly.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Omaha NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

We were booked in a log cabin suite, which was wonderful. We had so much room and really enjoyed the fireplace and flat screen television. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The room was extremely clean. The kitchen was a really nice bonus.
We also enjoyed the hot buffet breakfast....good variety. I would stay at the Regency Lodge again...no problem.

• Liked — Log cabin suite
  • Disliked — Stairwells need help
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
evansville, in
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

Stay away from this hotel. My wife was put up in this place by a company she interviewed with this past week. Upon returning home we noticed the hotel had charged us an extra $200. When I called to resolve the issue it took two days of leaving voice mails and getting the run around to talk to anyone that could help. When we finally did we were informed that the charge was for smoking in the room. Neither of us smoke, but upon disputing this I was told I was a liar that obviosly I had smoked in the room. The rooms are not great and the room service was bad. It is really unfortunate because Omaha is great and I had a wonderful time with the exception of the Regency Lodge!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
rgreen45, Owner/Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, October 30, 2007
Regency Lodge is 100.0% non smoking and each guest acknowledges that a penalty will be enforced to protect future guest. The reviewer checked out and called for a refund of the penalty on Friday afternoon and screamed and cussed at three different employees and they informed him that it would be reviewed and responded to on the following Monday A. M. I responded with a full refund within 8 business hours of this "non-smokers" contact.

R. Green
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

I read many reviews of this place and was a little wary, but we really liked this hotel and plan to stay here again. We stayed on a Tues., and they had free appetizers at the bar, which was great! The whole place is smoke-free, another plus. The breakfast was free and had eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, fruit, plus the usual stuff you'll find at a continental breakfast. We ate at the restaurant for supper, and that was good, too. The pool was heated and went from 3 to 9 feet deep. Our room wasn't anything special, but it did have a fridge and microwave, and the room was very clean. My only real complaint is that the pillows are terribly uncomfortable and the bed was definitely on the soft side.

• Liked — it was smoke free and had a nice bar and restaurant
  • Disliked — the pillows
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2007

Looking at this hotel on their website I thought for sure we had found the perfect place to stay in Omaha. When we arrived the lobby was just like the pictures on their website it was beautiful. The front desk clerk that checked us in was extremely helpful and very pleasant to work with. When we got to our room it was below standards for a 3 star hotel. The bedding is old and the pillows look like they have had them for well over 3 years. The room also had a musty smell to it. I am extremely allergic to mold and after being in the room for 15minutes I was sneezing and having a hard time breathing. We called the front desk and was able to get another room and it was better the look of the room was the same but no odor. That night we wanted a place to eat and was recommended a nice steak house. The guy that offered to drive us smelled of alochol so we passed and drove our own vehicle. This gentlemen claimed that he was the assistant GM of the hotel I find this unprofessional to allow employees to drink on the job or even come to work after drinking, especially when that person is the one making the decision's for all the staff members and hotel guest. The next morning we decided to eat their breakfast. I can understand why this breakfast is free I would not pay $5.00 for it. The eggs were cold and not cooked all the way, the bacon was chewy and I had a muffin that was dry. That afternoon when we had gotten back we stopped at the front desk to ask for toothpaste and the young lady that was behind the desk was busy talking with another employee and seemed bothered that we were there. We originally had a reservation for 5nights and decided at that point to end our stay there after 2nights. When we checked out the girl behind the desk name was Kim was extremely rude and acted like she coud care less about our problems that we had experienced at the hotel. We asked to speak with the General Manager and she was very short with us to tell us that he was not in. She never offered to have him call us or even give us his card. When we left there we knew that we had made a good decision to leave and we will never be back there again. The only good thing about the hotel that we were impressed with was how clean our room was. Good job to the housekeeping staff, at least there is some people that appreciate guest that come to the hotel.

• Liked — The rooms were very clean
  • Disliked — The Staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2007

We booked a room @ the Regency Lodge for a quick getaway. We weren't sure what we were going to get, but it sure looked appealing on the internet when I was researching places to stay. We took our grandkids and we had a blast. The lobby is absolutely beautfiful. It reminded me of a Mountain lodge in Montana. The breakfast buffet was awesome, and free. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. They were very attentive to our needs. I would have like to gotten a room on the outer corridor. But the inside corridor rooms worked well for us. The pool was great, as was the hot tub. The grandkids begged us to take them back, so we decided to book another trip next week, along with some other family members. I've noticed some not so good reviews about this lodge. I think they must have stayed some other place, because my experience was nothing as they described.

• Liked — The best thing about this hotel is my grandkids absolutely loved it.
  • Disliked — I could not say anything negative about this place
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2007

We stayed at three nights at the Regency Lodge, and the hotel exceeded our expectations. We were in town for a bar mitzvah, so many family members stayed at the Lodge, and all agreed that it was an excellent place to stay. The people at the front desk were always helpful and pleasant, the hotel is perfectly clean, and the full hot breakfast had everything you could want, including good coffee. The mattress was comfortable, the shower was good, and we appreciated having a refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker available. The only criticism I have is uncomfortable pillows, but I had read that in an online review and brought my own. There is live music in the bar, and lots of different lounging areas where we could visit with family. Two delightful surprises were the Thomas Mangelsen photographs in the lobby and breakfast room, and the bucket of apples available for guests in the lobby.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable, attractive, well located, good customer service, cheap
  • Disliked — uncomfortable pillows
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Regency Lodge? Share your experiences!