“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Baton Rouge, LA
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

My Husband and I stayed in this hotel for 13 days while we were at the College World Series watching LSU. Everyone on staff was so accommodating and super nice. They have a wonderful complimentary shuttle service that brings you anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel. This was really a great service. We used it daily to bring us to the stadium and to the old market area. I have no complaints about any part of our stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

Stayed 4 nights for business at the homewood suites thought the rooms where clean ,new, nicely decorated and quite. The free breakfast was great and the staff was very accommodating. I needed a extra sheet at 11pm when I first arrived and Vince at the front desk brought it to me in minutes. What I liked the best was the shower pressure is great at 7 am.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

Very nice Homewood Suites. Rooms were spacious and clean. Location is right across the street from Qwest. They have a hot morning breakfast and a nightly Managers reception. Would recommend this hotel and will probably stay here on next visit to the area.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Boalsburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

I stayed at the Homewood Suites in downtown Omaha for four nights in December of 2008 during the NCAA Division 1 Women's Volleyball National Championships, which took place in the Qwest Center just a few hundred yards away. I had never been to a Homewood Suites before, so I had no idea what to expect, and I was pleased with a fabulous experience.

There is much to recommend about this hotel, which is very new and well-maintained. The folks at the front desk were always friendly and helpful. The parking was plentiful and free. The lobby was spacious and beautiful, with a two-sided gas fireplace. The hot tub in the pool area was great!! The business center included free printing, which was very helpful for boarding passes. There was coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available all day (though the hot chocolate periodically ran out). The breakfast buffet was complimentary, plentiful, and unique each morning, with many hot foods like scrambled eggs, hash browns, and bacon, in addition to staples like cereal, fruit, yogurt, bagels, and waffles. It was a fabulous way to start the day!!

The room was more like a mini-apartment, probably typical for "suites" but somewhat special for a budget traveler like me. There was a full kitchen, with a full-sized fridge/freezer, a few stove-top burners, a microwave, a sink, and a dishwasher. I didn't do any cooking, but this would have been a great way to save money. The living room area had some comfortable and beautiful furniture, as well as a huge flat-panel TV. The bedroom had a comfortable bed, with another huge flat-panel TV.

The downsides of this hotel were minimal. The wireless internet access, though free, was a rather weak signal, so it would come in and out, which was very annoying as I tried to do some work on my laptop. The hotel shuttle (shared with other nearby Hilton hotels) was relatively quick to pick me up at the hotel, but they were 30 minutes late when we had a timely appointment, and they didn't have room for us on our return trip to the airport, even though we had reserved a spot on the shuttle at that particular time.

Overall, I loved the Homewood Suites. I am happy to recommend it and would love to stay here again if I return to Omaha.

• Liked — delicious breakfast, huge TVs, spacious rooms
  • Disliked — erratic wireless internet access
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

I was a little surprised by this Hilton property especially after reading the 5 star reviews on Trip Advisor Let me get to the issue I had. When I checked in I noticed the "made up" bed looked rumpled. I pulled the covers down and discover 5-6 blondish-red body hairs. Yeah yeah go ahead ask me how I know that - I’m not a CSI guy, but that's what it was... I went down to talk to the front desk - the genuinely seemed horrified and immediately moved me across the hall to another room. Within 10 minutes I could hear housecleaning stripping the room and some unpleasant comments from the housekeeping staff. So kudos for management making it right!
Back to the beginning - check in was slow a part timer working Sunday afternoon - girl didn't know what she was doing although very nice. .... Free internet and it worked....surface level parking that was free - shares space with Hampton Inn right next door. Gym is great by Hotel standards new cardio equipment and Dumbbells up to 50 pounds and a bench.
Breakfast was typical of the Hilton Chains - free eggs, sausage, and fruit all adequate and all presented well and with smiles.
Manager's Cocktail hour was free draft beer, choice of wines, and each night a different light meal - the night I was there it was a Potato bar – great for saving a few bucks on the road.
Rooms are relatively loud for street noise, but a very nice ceiling fan helped drown it out.
The property is located very close to "old" downtown Omaha, Qwest Sports center is within walking distance and the hotel is willing to take you and pick you up from certain venues.
Ate dinner at the Upstream Brewery - beer was good local brew; the Omaha steak was great the sides were terrible.
One last thing the hotel seemed beat up from the weekend, just didn't feel clean (maybe it's the body hair thing jading me)... the downstairs lobby bathroom was a mess Monday morning - paper towels all over the floor - obvious it had not been cleaned recently.
This is the 26th review I’ve written I don’t feel I’m over picky – if given the choice I would probably stay at another Hilton facility, but not this one.

• Liked — Management response to a problem
  • Disliked — Dirty bedding
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Gilbert, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

Hotel is perfected located to everything. We had a great city view from our room, good food and variety for breakfast and dinner, fresh coffee available 24 hrs a day (this is a huge plus with us), beautiful and large rooms. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Dining area has a nice fireplace and large plasma tv to watch news while eating. Travel a lot and wish all hotels were this nice. Will definately stay here again!

• Liked — Rooms and Free Food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2008

Very happy with this hotel. We stayed in a 1 bedroom king suite and it was very spacious and clean. The room had a very nice full kitchen (fulll size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, stove-top). Two flat screen tv's. A door dividing a tv/family room to the bedroom/bathroom. Highly recommend to anyone!!! Also had a ceiling fan in the bedroom. Will stay at this hotel anytime I'm in the area. Staff is very accomodating and breakfast was very good. Also great hotel for families with children. Indoor pool was also very clean.

• Liked — The rooms were very spacious and clean
  • Disliked — Breakfast was a bit picked over and staff very slow at bringing more food out
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown? Share your experiences!