I work at a Holiday Inn Express so I am a little critical about other hotels, but I really liked this one. It was nice to go to a relaunched hotel. We checked in and the front desk person (Kevin) was very nice. The rooms were almost perfectly cleaned, there was someone elses hair on the blowdryer when we got there but that was the only thing, everthing else was spotless. The decor was great, some hotels look very dated with their bedding and paintings ect.
The only criticisms I have are these:
- I am not a big fan of Holiday Inn Express pillows, they say firm and soft but neither are comforatable.
- The heater/ac unit didn't work well. When we turned the heat on it smelled like burnt hair, and it took about twenty minutes for the a/c to kick on.
- The fridge made a buzzing noise that annoys me greatly, I reported this to the front desk, but I don't think any action was taken.
- The breakfast bar was a little messy, this I can understand a little because there was a group of baseball kids in the hotel, but it was messy and could have been picked up a little better.
- The location isnt great, we asked the front desk for chinese menus and they didnt have any, and there wasnt much around the hotel that seemed interesting (bars/tourist attractions/ etc.)
Overall I really liked the hotel and I feel that they had great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Cherry Hills Plaza, Omaha hotel. Conveniently located in the newly-developed Cherry Hills Plaza, our Omaha hotel is within walking distance of several restaurants and shops and only eight miles from downtown Omaha attractions. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Omaha, Nebraska offers everything you need to enjoy your stay. Families can experience all that Omaha has to offer by spending a day exploring the Henry Doorly Zoo or taking an afternoon to visit the Omaha Children's Museum, the Old Market or Lewis & Clark Landing. During the summer, the Fun-Plex Amusement and Water Park and Rosenblatt Stadium are popular Omaha family attractions. You can catch a Royals game at Rosenblatt or have some fun in the sun at Fun-Plex. With convenient access to companies such as Mutual of Omaha, Berkshire Hathaway, Omaha Steaks, Union Pacific and ConAgra Foods, our well-situated Omaha hotel, nine miles from the Qwest Convention Center, is the perfect place for business travelers to stay if they are planning to attend meetings in Omaha. Enjoy a relaxing vacation in Omaha, and take advantage of our choice Omaha hotel amenities such as a heated indoor pool and whirlpool, free high-speed Internet access, a quality Fitness Center and our free hot breakfast bar served daily. Be sure to check out our excellent Omaha hotel deals and rates, and book your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Cherry Hills
- Holiday Inn Express Omaha
- Omaha Holiday Inn