“Staff is AWESOME!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Kennewick, Washington
“Staff is AWESOME!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My wife and I stay for a few days while attending our nephews graduation. The room are very clean but it was the front desk staff that made the stay great. Kim is awesome and ready to "pop" any day with a lil girl. David, the GM was working the desk during some busy times (Im guessing) and he is just funny as can be. Very nice and down to earth. Highly recommend this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

This is a new, very nice, clean hotel with a great breakfast. We stayed in a suite, which was large, comfortable, well appointed, and great in virturally every way. The only minor problem is that the air conditioner seemed a little noisy during the night, as it was a room air conditioner and not central air conditioning. But, that was very minor in comparison to all of the other great qualities of the hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. A bit tricky to find. Front desk staff were friendly, room clean. However upon check-in I noticed a funky smell in the hallways and then in our room. It took me a while to realize what it was. It was the same smell you get from some hospitals and old folks' homes - that ugly cleaning smell from whatever they use. Personally I hate that smell (from personal experience) and did not enjoy my stay. Others however may not be put off by it.

I also realized that this hotel was not constructed as good as others I have stayed in. When walking on the floor, you could hear yourself walk. I assume that is because of the materials they used for the flooring. I had to keep telling my husband to walk softly because I know it would be disrupting to the people below us. I was glad we were on the top floor. You could also hear a lot more noise in the hallways.

At breakfast - a lot of the coffee pots were empty. I put them aside and brought down some full ones from the row above. The lady in charge spent most of her time talking to the front desk staff.

The end result - hotel was okay for one night.

Room Tip: We ate at an Italian restaurant called Mangia Italiana. It is only a few blocks from the hotel. It...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Holly5_12,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. We are glad our staff was friendly and your room was clean. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. I'm sorry the smell of the cleaners bothered you during your stay. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reference # 27693557
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Our stay was great. No complaints. The front desk staff were helpful and kind. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and pool was nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011 via mobile

Was looking forward to my expensive stay... Not so happy about it the rooms are OK however the air conditioner turns on & off & on & off also there are dead bugs everywhere all over the ground... The exercise room is super hot... The a/c I'm there didn't even work.. Think they would be more in the 50-60$ range... Wish I could get a refund :-/

• Stayed October 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Very good help behind the desk. Very clean hotel - pretty much what I have come to expect from HEI. A little more expensive than I am used to as a result of the College World Series...but worth it considering the last place I stayed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Spent time here as tourists with my daughter. The room was excellent. Even though I'm disabled and we were put on the third floor. This proved no problem. Our room was next to the elevator. Though the hotel was busy we had no issues with excess noise. We were treated like family by the staff. Loved that. Breakfast in the common room was more than adequate. The pancake machine was a little hit and miss but the sausage, scrambled eggs, and other offerings were very good. My daughter spent time in the pool and hot tub and found that very relaxing. It could have been perfect if there had been a small convenience store nearby the hotel. This also proved no problem as the lovely lady at the lobby desk had a kind gentleman of the staff give my daughter a ride to the local Wal-mart! Our first trip to Nebraska was markedly swayed by the friendly folk at this Holiday Inn Cherry Hills.

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills? Share your experiences!