“Good but Short Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good but Short Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for an overnight short business trip. It was one of those hectic schedules where the room is only a place to sleep and change clothes, so my observations are limited, but it was a good stay and I’d use it again.

I had requested a room with a King Bed; the only one available when I checked in was an Accessible Room; the woman at the reception desk asked me if that would be OK. No problem at all. This was one of those trips where I got a room that was probably too good for my purposes: it had a very spacious living room with a separate TV, mini-kitchen facilities and the bathtub was an oversized version with water jets. Too bad I didn’t have a chance to enjoy it! I had arrived at 11 AM and was checked in right away; I really appreciated that since it gave me time for a swim before the meetings started. The outdoor pool was closed for the season; the indoor pool was the usual smallish version you get in a Garden Inn, but clean and OK for swimming laps. No chance to check out the gym or the Wi-Fi.

One complaint: my room was too cold. I checked the heating/AC unit and the buttons to control them were gone! Vandalism or just a change to control the temperatures centrally? I don't know but was grateful the blankets were warm. The unit was also pretty noisy when it operated. I woke u briefly when it turned on in the middle of the night.

Service at breakfast was a little slow; I got there at a busy time and there were only 2 women serving, which may not have helped. Buffet was very reasonable ($4.23 including taxes) but not sumptuous: a couple of trays of scrambled eggs, one with onions and other ingredients, one plain, the usual fresh fruit and breads, and oatmeal. There are no restaurants within walking distance but plenty nearby if you have a car; it’s also convenient to a large shopping mall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
FARGO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.
The rooms are clean and the amenities up to date.
The room has a Keurig coffee maker, microwave, small refrigerator, and TV.
Beds are comfortable and the place is what you would expect for this price in this chain of hotels.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My idea of a near perfect mid priced hotel. My room was lovely, clean and very nicely decorated. The hotel has a small restaurant with a limited menu, but the few things I sampled were quite good. Staff and amenities first class!

Room Tip: Try the spinach artichoke dip!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GRAND ISLAND, NE, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Everything here was great, except that we got a walk in shower in our bathroom and you couldn't access the water control from outside of the shower, so you had to stand in the cold water until it warmed up. I will just ask for a tub bathroom next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I like this hotel/brand than regular Hilton, Marriot or Sheraton. They are trying very hard to provide excellent service and comfortable stay. Whenever I found one, I go for it. Beside the many good things in this hotel (room comfort, lobby appearance and friendly staff), the hotel has a real garden so you can sit and enjoy a lazy, relaxing afternoon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Laramie, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

It was an average experience except that the pool was dirty. There were beads of oil floating in it. I was hoping for more as I usually like Hilton hotels. First time in a Garden Inn though. My room was clean just the pool was not up to par.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here and it was horrible. They put us in a handicap room that was over the elevator equipment room. Well we heard noise all night long. We told them about this early on and the gal at the front desk said that the hotel was full and she could not switch us to a quieter room. She did go out and ask the people in front of the hotel to be quiet. Their were people outside of the room laughing and drinking so we could not sleep. The shower also did not work properly. The staff has the shower set up so very little water comes out of it. So I did not wash my hair that day as I felt I could not get out all the soap due to very little water coming out of the shower head. When we checked out early the next morning the two guys at the front desk acted surprised that it would be that bad. One guy told us that he hoped that the rest of our day would go better. I did think that was nice of him to say. However, my husband was mad because he did not get any sleep that night. He felt we should have been compensated in some way and they did not even offer us anything.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room over the elevator equipment unless you are deaf.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn West Omaha? Share your experiences!