“Ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 80 Hotels in Omaha
Winnipeg, Canada
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

On our last visit here in 2011 they were full and the 2 hosts did all they could to help us as hhonors members. So being in Omaha again we decided it worth it to drive clear across the city to go back to visit (night stay). We had a quite different reception, hard to describe but it seemed the luster is gone. A unique smell in some places, the air jets in the hot tub were not working and little things like that. Were asked for our vouchers for water bottles in the morning?? Never were given any the night before, she only asked if we wanted them now or in the morning and we said in the morning. So I would be curious if this property is not under the same management as it was 2+ years ago. For an average hotel - it would get a 8 or 9. But on the HGI scale, I would give it a 6 or 7. We likely won't be making the extra effort to go back there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank StakeLover

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here on a recent business trip. Very nice hotel. Restaurant and bar on premise is a plus. Lobby was a welcoming environment. Helpful & friendly staff. Room was great, quiet. Free internet a plus. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Julie O
Woodbine, iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a very clean and quiet hotel. Good location and the staff was friendly. Close to restaurants, movie theatre and not much traffic. I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to family and friends.

1 Thank Peggy_iowa70
Des Moines, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just ok, not worth the money in my thinking compared to other Hilton properties I have stayed at............. Noisy!!!!!!! kids/somebody running in halls on floor above at night....... It was not the easiest place to find/get into if not knowing that end of Omaha. I was disapointed in my stay for the money I sent on a suite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

3 Thank Dennis D
Omaha, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hotel is very nice and I would recommend it to many, but our experience was not what I expected. Checked in for a two night stay and went out and spend the night with friends. Came back to hotel the next morning to find our room was cleared and given to another traveler. No call or e-mail was placed to us to see if we had checked out. I found this out when we saw someone else enter our room. Also, we had to "ask" for another room and then received nothing more than another room for the second night. I thought that there would be an apology not just an explanation of hotel procedures. No discount on second night as well. In my opinion, not handled in a professional manner at all.

2 Thank Steven K
Menomonee Falls, WI, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was in Omaha to visit relatives and to have a brief vacation. This hotel was so nice, quiet and relaxing that I extended my stay another day. It is a great location and the staff are wonderful. When my King bed single room was unavailable for the extended night, they upgraded me to a Jr Suite at no additional charge! Their guarantee of satisfaction is evident in all the little (and big) details.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

3 Thank Martha E
lisawestra, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Omaha, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Martha E,

Greetings from Omaha! How great to hear of your experience at our hotel! I'm glad to hear that your stay was very relaxing. Slhould your travels ever bring you to Omaha again, we would love to welcome you back. Thank you so much for posting your comments on TripAdvisor, where everyone can read of your satisfaction! Thanks again, and come back soon.

Lisa Westra
midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is really great - convenient location close to restaurants, shopping, and freeways; wonderful breakfast buffet; large, clean, and quiet room; exceptionally friendly and helpful front desk personnel and bartender. The only complaint I have is that there was practically no water pressure in the shower, at least in our room. It was nearly impossible to wash my hair. Otherwise, I recommend this hotel.

3 Thank mns06