“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
nebraska
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

A quick trip to Omaha to visit family found us staying at this property. We usually stay in mid-town but this hotel was much closer to the family's residence then other locations.
We loved this hotel from the room to the onsite resturant to the pool/spa. All was above par. The only con (and this is a small one) was how to get to the hotel from the main street. Otherwise two thumbs up from this family of four!

• Liked — The great beds and
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

The hotel was wonderful. Perfect for a place to sleep on the west side of town. I was reading another review and thought I would clarify... This is NOT the Hilton Garden Inn near the downtown area. It is all the way out on the west side. There is a nice new shopping center with some great restaurants just about 1 mile west of the hotel. Staff was very friendly. We are Gold members and they were very accomodating for upgrades and free breakfast for 2 because of the gold membership. The all American Breakfast was tasty. Pool looked good, didn't use it. Business center available as well. Rooms were clean with large TVs. We had a refridgerator in the Jr. Suite. Not sure if that is standard for all the rooms but was nice to have. If you are NOT going to be downtown, this is the place to stay on the west side.

Stayed June 2007
Napoleon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

This is a smaller Hilton, close to the Market District. Because
it is smaller than the other Hilton, the customer service is way above average. The front desk people were extremely accomodating. The food at the breakfast area is tasty with Starbucks coffee being served by an excellent wait staff.
The best part about this hotel is the van that is available for customers. They pick up and drop off at the airport and around town. There is no fee for this service other than a tip to the driver.
The drivers we had were extremely helpful with any questions that we had during our stay. We stayed on a Saturday night and then came back the following Saturday.
The bar there serves excellent drinks and the appetizers we had were delicious.
We were there to see Jesus Christ Super Star. We took the van to the theater and walked back to the hotel . It's not too far to walk to the theater.
We can't wait to stay there again. They make you feel like you are at home ,only better. Everyone who works there was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Liked — I loved the van.
  • Disliked — Pool was tiny.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2007

This is a terrible hotel. I stayed there one night and it was terrible. We had to move around twice to get a room so that the shower had hot water. I used my points for the stay. They still charged me and to get this corrected took several weeks. I received a 50% off my next stay there. First the letter and certificate do not match. The letter says it is free stay certificate. It is not. The GM did not edit the letter. There is no leadership at this hotel and no one knows what they are doing at this hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! YOU ARE BETTER OFF STAYING AT THE DOWNTOWN LOCATION!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2007

I am a Hilton Honors gold member that primarily travels for business. I decided to try out the new Hilton Garden Inn primarily because of the $79 price. The Hampton Inn was closer to where I needed to be but the price for that hotel was $125 (a typical price). The hotel opened less than a month ago and it spotless. Everything smells brand new and I have almost no complaints.

My GPS was not able to find the hotel based on it's address and it caused me to drive around for 30 minutes before I decided to call the hotel. They told me the hotel was right off the 180th st Dodge exit and I was immediately able to find the hotel. It is right west of the mall. There is no illuminated hotel sign but it is the only building in the subdivision right now so there was little question on where to go.

The room itself included brand new everything: a flat screened tube-TV, a large desk with an office-style chair, a clear glass shower door and a cultured granite counter top in the bathroom, a mini-fridge, new bedding and all of the other usual HGI amenities.

The indoor pool looked great although I didn't get a chance to use it. I also didn't get a chance to view the meeting rooms nor did I take advantage of the on-site restaurant. There is nothing in the immediate walking vicinity of this hotel since it is the only building so far in the subdivision. I would venture so say that over 90% of people will arrive by car so this shouldn't be a problem. This property is very far from the airport and wouldn't be an appropriate place to stay for those arriving via air.

I was given a breakfast coupon due to my HHonors status but I was not given the two free bottles of water nor any upgraded room accommodations even though there were less than a dozen cars in the parking lot at 10pm. To be fair I made my reservation 10 minutes before arrival and I didn't ask for the missing benefits.

All in all this is one of my favorite Hilton properties since the high quality of the property coupled with the great price makes this hotel an outstanding value. I plan to return next week.

• Liked — The hotel is brand new
  • Disliked — No illuminated hotel sign yet
  • Tips/Secrets — Make note of the location before arrival
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn West Omaha? Share your experiences!