“A perfect night!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Omaha, Nebraska
“A perfect night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I stayed here on my wedding night. They had upgraded us to a 2 room suite and it was amazing! They had a card in the room that said, "Enjoy your special night together" and there where chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in the refrigerator. The staff truly made the night special!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed here last week for business travel and found the hotel to be very relaxing. There are several patio areas on which to sit and the weather was beautiful,. The hotel has a nice gym and indoor pool. There is a great ice cream shop down the street (towards the mall area, away from highway 6) called Sheridan's. We went downtown for dinner to an area called the Old Market - I highly recommend this area over anywhere else, it's about 20 minutes from the hotel, great shops and restaurants, much more authentic than chain restaurants at the mall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed at this hotel because my family had our family reunion there. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I got lost driving to the hotel and the front desk gave such helpful directions without a fuss (I needed it explained a few times). The reunion itself was fabulous! The food was amazing! We had a buffet with a Carving Station and the Strawberry mouse was to die for! We loved it and we'll be back every time we visit Omaha

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I am very disaapointed in the lack of concern or care from the Hilton Garden Inn staff. About an hour after I checked out of my room I called to let them know I accidentally left my Kindle on the nightstand dresser and if they could please grab and send it back to me, I would handle the shipping. It took three phones calls the day of for anyone to give me a response - once stated they couldn't find it. It's one of those times, I know for a fact that it was sitting in that room when I left. Since Sunday I have spoken with four people and left three messages (for the General Manager and Head of Housekeeping) with absolutely no concern or more importantly any progress or returned calls. I am extremely disappointment that they have not located (when I know it was there) OR even bothered to show any care or communications in the matter.
Aside from the fact my Uncle has his wedding there that weekend as well and the food was later for the buffett and as well as ran out and took another 15-20 minutes to replenish.
I am not one to complain and this is the first negative response I've entered on Trip Advisor so this disappoints me. However, I'm more disappointed in the way the communication (or lack there of) has been handled so far and I still don't have my Kindle.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
HGI_West_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Omaha, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear michellemartin78,

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay this month. I appreciate your taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction, which is the first step towards improvement of our services. Upon receiving your voicemail when I returned to work, on the day after you had left me your original message, I immediately went through our housekeeping paperwork as well as spoke to both my Executive Housekeeper and the Room Supervisor on your floor to determine what had happened. They said that they were informed of the missing Kindle and promptly responded to the inquiry. My Room Supervisor was the first in the room. She checked under the bed and behind the nightstand as well as several other places and was unable to locate your lost item. Following that inspection my Executive Housekeeper said she had left you a voicemail that same day. After collecting this information I personally interrogated our locking system to determine if there were any suspicious entries in your room and found no irregularities. I then left you a voicemail on your office phone as your cell phone was ringing straight to voicemail. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me at your earliest convenience.

The Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I sincerely apologize that you feel your issue was not handled with an acceptable amount of urgency and will continue to work with my staff on making sure all of our guests know that they are our number one priority.

Again, your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you and I sincerely hope you continue to use our Hilton Garden Inn when you visit the Omaha area.

Brian Wenninghoff
Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West
brian.wenninghoff@hilton.com
Blue Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I travel to Omaha regularly on business and prefer to stay at this HGI. The hotel is about 5 years old and is in good condition. It's conveniently located near a newer shopping area in a growing part of Omaha and there are plenty of places to shop and dine within just a few minutes of the hotel. Banking and other services are also nearby. It's about 15-20 minutes to downtown, so if you're looking to walk to nightlife in the Old Market, the casinos, or the Qwest Center, this probably isn't your best choice. For business and "away from the crowd" leisure this is a good choice. Limited shuttle service is available to nearby locations.

They have both standard rooms and junior suites. All the rooms have a microwave and mini-refrigerator. The beds are comfortable and the room are typically very quite. (The hotel sits back off the road so highway noise is minimal.)

The hotel has a larger bar and restaurant area than most other HGIs. Dave, the bartender, provides excellent service and will act as a pseudo-concierge if you're looking for someplace to dine or visit.

The menu, like at most HGIs is limited, but I've eaten many meals there and have generally been quite pleased. Sometimes it's nice to eat in, have a couple of drinks, and then have nothing to drive but the elevator.

I've recommended this hotel numerous times and have not heard complaints from anyone. It books up early for the first part of the week, so make your reservations as soon as you can. They do have private meeting and banquet rooms so if you need to plan a meeting or event, give them a call.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mr. MWTRVLR,

Thank you so much for being such a loyal guest. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. I hope that the next time you are in town you I will have the opporatunity to meet you in person. Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Warm Regards,
Brian Wenninghoff
Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West
brian.wenninghoff@hilton.com
Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

We stay mainly at Hilton Hotel brands and have earned our Diamond status and the amenities and service it brings. WE stay in Omaha quite a bit and have stayed at many of the Hilton brand Hotels there.

We picked this Hilton brand hotel because of the location and that it was near the function we were in Omaha for.

When we checked into this Hilton Garden Inn, we were told we were not getting an upgrade as all the suites were booked and the hotel was full both days. After stating our discontent and that maybe we should find another hotel, the front desk finally found an upgrade, but only for one of our 2 nights. Later that evening we talked to another person at the front desk and were able to pay an extra amount to stay the second night in the junior suite we were already occupying. Our first night was an award night our second was a paid night.

The hotel entrance is appealing and inviting. The room was nice enough with a microwave and refrigerator as well as the coffeemaker plus 2 televisions. The beds though were very uncomfortable. The are like a number type bed, but we could never find the best setting. The sofabed had dirty sheets and was so cheap that when you sat on the sofa, the pillows smashed down into it, making it hard & uncomfortable to sit on.

These hotels must be made cheaper than they used to be as we heard children running & jumping in the room above us on the first night,and in the hallways. The second night stay, the new person to rent the room above us came in at 2:30AM and made considerable noise for half an hour, keeping us awake.

The breakfast was good and the service at the restaurant was very good. The cook prepared the food to order and exactly as ordered. The wait staff was very helpful. The fitness room was not as big as their pictures showed, but was adequate.

Our biggest problem was with Housekeeping & Engineering . We tried to turn on one of the lights in the bedroom and found the bulb broken. Engineering did bring a new bulb. When he was there we mentioned that the stool was running constantly. He told us he would be back to fix it, but never did. As for Housekeeping........The only cleaning they did was replace our towels, empty the trash and make up the sofabed (but only after being told, again). I know this is being picky but the towels were just slapped over the rods in a pile. Very sloppy work. The bed was never made, plus they took 2 of our pillows and the blanket for the sofabed. We had to call the front desk and asked for a blanket and pillows. We had contacted the front desk to mention the lightbulb and had also mentioned the dirty sofabed,that morning so we feel the housekeeping person was angry with us for reporting this.

The biggest clincher was that our adult son had been in the room when they came to clean it. He stepped out to let them clean, but upon his return he found his dress hat missing. He checked everywhere and even called us to see if we had it. When it could not be found, we told him to talk to the front desk before he left the hotel. It was later returned.

So with bad housekeeping, loss of sleep, uncomfortable accommodations and the mysterious missing hat, I do not think we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
HGI_West_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Omaha, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Dear smoothcj:

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I appreciate your taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction, which is the first step towards improvement of our services. Upon reviewing your comments on TripAdvisor I immediately discussed your issues with both my Executive Housekeeper and my Cheif Engineer in an effort to prevent something like this from happening again.

The Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. If you would like to discuss the issue further I would love to speak with you directly.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

We were passing through and found this place booked. We like to stay at the Hilton brand but we do stay at others also. The ladies at the front desk worked 20 minutes - both calling on seperate lines to other Hotels to find us a room. I say Thanks again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear SteakLover:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful comment about the helpfulness of our front desk staff. I hope that the next time you are in the Omaha area you are able to stay with us and that I get the chance to meet you in person. Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn West Omaha? Share your experiences!