“Comfy room, love the "park and fly" program” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #25 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dorchester, Nebraska
“Comfy room, love the "park and fly" program”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

We always stay at this hotel when we are traveling because it is very near the Omaha airport and we love their "park and fly" program. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the breakfast is adequate, and the shuttle to and from the airport is operated by courteous, speedy, and efficient drivers. And the cookies that the delightful Miss Juanita (the breakfast attendant) bakes are really scrumptious. They are kept in a little container on the counter where you check in. Be sure to grab one. We like to stay on an upper floor if possible so we don't hear people overhead and since there is an elevator that is no problem. There are actually no problems of any kind here and we are always more than satisfied with our stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CXCART, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Omaha Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Huskerredhead22,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property. Your insight allows us to make improvements if needed and to give our staff the reassurance that they are truly providing a "home away from home" for our valued guests!!!! We sincerely thank you for your continued support of our property and our brand and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!!

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I always like staying at this hotel. People are friendly & efficient. Justin the night clerk took great care of us, as did Susan for breakfast. The rooms were very clean & I thought the beds were very comfortable. Some reviews stated the rooms were dated - apparently my house must be also, because I thought they were just fine. :) The bathroom had a big sink area & large mirror with great lighting. The room had a microwave & fridge.

I must say what really impressed me was the breakfast area. No paper plates, styrofoam cups, or plastic forks here. Real silverware, glass cups & glasses, & china plates. What a nice surprise! I also liked the fruit, yogurt, granola, cooked oatmeal - for healthy options. Of course they also had the normal sweets, & waffles. Hot items were also available. I'm not a fan of egg patties, but there were plenty of other options to chose from. The hot fresh baked cookies were a great snack.

Overall this hotel is close the airport, CenturyLink Center, the Old Market & had shuttle service to all 3 areas also. We got a great price for our room & will definitely be back as I like the "homey" atmosphere this place has also.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CXCART, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Omaha Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Good Afternoon OmahaTraveler17,

Thank you so much for nice review and taking time out of your busy schedule to write it!!! Your kind words are very appreciated and we thank you for your repeat business!!! We pride ourselves on being a "home away from home" to our many guests and continue to work hard on improving everyday!!! We look forward to see you again in the future!!
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Friendly (late night) check-in. The young deskman very courteously gave me the corner, 3rd-floor room when I requested a quiet room. Housekeeping very friendly and efficient, as well as excellent. The breakfast buffet was one of the better I have enjoyed in such hotels -- fresh fruit in the fruit salad, yeah! -- and a nice variety of breakfast menu items. Swimming pool/hot tub fine. Front desk, very, very cordial, helpful and friendly -- they bake fresh cookies daily, very lovely touch.

Overall a pleasant, restful experience save for one unsavoury experience in the lobby over waiting for use of the guest computer, then being used by a teenager/young adult. It got a bit unpleasant with the girl's attitude, her teenage friend also waiting in the lobby, and the young female staff member, who were then having a three-way conversation, more reminiscent of a high-school cafeteria. When I requested the young staff member for me to speak with her manager, she disappeared for a few minutes, then said her manager was busy and would get back with me. I asked for the manager's name, and she said she isn't allowed to give that information out. Hmmm. I insisted. Vicky, the manager, resolved the issue well by letting me use the hotel computer behind the desk. I understand there is no posted policy in their lobby as to how long one may use the computer, but standard etiquette in such public locations is generally a 15-20 minute use while others are waiting (or less). Heaven forbid one should tell the young female using the computer that -- I got an earful from her -- and in this case the young staff member did not handle well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
CXCART, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Omaha Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us such a nice review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the detailed review. We do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the complimentary business center and hope that you will return in the future!!!
South Jordan, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My daughter, 18 mo. old granddaughter and had a late night flight into the Omaha airport, so we looked for the closest hotel and this was it. Room was clean, staff was very friendly, only negative was the beds were HARD!! I left a bracelet on the top of the armoire and called the next day. They found it and held on to it until I could pick it up before my flight out. Breakfast was average.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CXCART, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Omaha Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on our property. We are delighted to have hosted your family and are happy you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize that you experienced discomfort with your mattress and it is ever so helpful to gain this feedback from our valued guests so that we can make improvements for the future!!! Thank you so much and if there is ever anything can do for your travel needs in the future please feel free to reach out to us!!!
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Very convenient location just a 5 min drive to downtown and Creighton University. Friendly front desk but didn't get the wakeup call that we had requested. Rooms a bit outdated but clean and spacious. Breakfast was pretty limited without many options. With that said, wouldn't hesitate to stay here again especially if just for 1 night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CXCART, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Omaha Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your Trip Advisor review about the Country Inn & Suites Omaha Airport. We are so sorry that you did not receive your wake-up call and do hope that it did not cause any inconvenience. We take our guest satisfaction very seriously and strive to provide superior customer service. Feedback like this from you helps us to correct any issues we may be experiencing. Also, so that your stay may be more comfortable in the future we are currently in the process of a total remodel of our hotel and are excited to see you upon your return!!! Thank you again!!!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We arrived into town without a reservation. Thinking that was not the smartest idea ever we decided to stop in at a hotel close to where we were working. Denise at the front desk welcomed us with cookies and coffee and much to our surprise had a room open. It was a suite with a whirlpool. She gave it to us for an awesome price. It was a beautiful room. When we found out we had to stay an additional night Denise made sure we could keep our same room to avoid the hassle of moving. She really made us enjoy our hotel experience at Country Inn. I can't forget to mention the wonderful young man that poured us a glass of wine during happy hour. He gave us a ton of great suggestions for dinner and directions to a delicious bakery to pick up donuts for our customer. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CXCART, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Omaha Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your business trip!!! We are delighted to have made an exceptional guest experience for you during your stay!!
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We made some last minute trip plans and I booked this hotel to meet someone arriving at the airport in the morning. When I arrived, it turns out I booked it for the next night by accident. (This is what happens when booking things pre-coffee) but Denise at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. She got me into a room, and fixed the nights. Added me to the rewards club, suggested I join happy hour even though it was about to wrap up. There were a few people in there and it sounded like a friendly good time, but I was tired and needed to work so headed to the room. She offered to do a wake up call before I even had to ask. It was like being greeted by family!
The room is basic, clean and a little dated (hence the four dot rating), but compared to the reviews of some of the other places around the airport, I feel this was definitely the safer, cleaner but still more cost effective option.
Big thanks to Denise for the warm welcome and working everything out!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
CXCART, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Omaha Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review of our property and thank you for choosing us for your stay!!! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay were able to feel at home "with family" at our hotel!! We do hope you keep us in mind for your future travels!!!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Omaha Airport? Share your experiences!