“New hotel in excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #5 of 73 hotels in Omaha
New Jersey
“New hotel in excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here one night in December 2013. I am not sure how old the hotel is but everything seems and feels brand new. My room had a great view. The room is a nice size and just what you would expect from a Hyatt Place. Parking is 10.00 extra but well worth it. The breakfast was very good as well. The location can't be beat. It's an easy & safe walk to anything in Old Town. The deal I got through Priceline made it that much better. I hope to stay here again on my next trip through.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I booked this hotel for my 30 birthday & my 6 year wedding anniversary over the weekend. First off when I checked in the lady gave me the wrong room even after we discussed what I had booked, when I went to correct it the Manager gal was very very rude. Which I didn't think anything of since that is how most customer service is. Well Saturday afternoon my husband I were getting intimate and the non English speaking maid came into our room even after we had the do not disturb sign and our door and when she was outside asking if we wanted it cleaned we were screaming NO.. Well she still entered, the front desk told me she doesn't speak English, sorry that is not an excuse at all. Then Saturday night there had to be about 10 people in the hallway hanging out until about 2-3 am, yes I know this is a downtown hotel but it was ridiculously loud!! So after getting no sleep Saturday evening we went down for an early breakfast at 7 am, the muffin/cheese biscuits looked like they had been sitting out for days, their lack of breakfast options were terrible. All I wanted was a banana, you could get grapefruit, yogurt, cereal & burnt waffles but not a banana. Last year we stayed at Embassy Suites in the old market and it was the best hotel I've stayed in in years, this Hyatt Place is one of the worst places I've stayed due to their service and lack there of. It was however a very clean hotel but I wouldn't expect any less considering it has only been open for 2 weeks.

Room Tip: Do not book anywhere but the Hyatt website or they can not guarantee you the room type you are booki...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We just stayed here over the weekend for a school trip. This is a brand new hotel located in the Old Market district of Omaha. The staff was great and the hotel was clean and spacious (as it should be if it's new). The rooms included a refrigerator and pull out sofa bed. Breakfast included hot items such as breakfast sandwiches, biscuits & gravy and French toast. I was impressed by the fact that your room key was needed for either the elevator or the stairs and felt very safe. There is also a parking garage on site which is actually the 2nd through 5th floors of the hotel. The hotel also offers a shuttle service.

Room Tip: Be sure to shop and eat in the Old Market. There are unique shops and restaurants. We also saw ligh...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

perfectly located hotel in Omaha's Old Market area. Close to great shopping and restaurants. The check-in was smooth, rooms very spacious with a great view overlooking the Old Market. Breakfast was hot, fresh and not your "normal" comp breakfast items. Shuttle took us to the casino in Council Bluffs and pick up was quick and easy. Have stayed in many hotels in the downtown area and this is by far my favorite!!! Only complaint I have is the prices in the lobby bar. My husband had a gin and tonic and I a glass of wine and it was just shy of $20! A bit much but everything else was perfect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Littleton, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a new property in the Old Market area downtown. The staff was prompt and courteous and very eager to please. The lobby and common areas we inviting and the place was bustling. They recommended a good restaurant right down the street and the complimentary breakfast was perfect. The room we had turned out to be a handicap accessible room which I do not prefer but the room was roomy and nice. There was a high pitched noise that kept us up at night and we did inform the staff. I am sure it is part of the growing pains. I would go back for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were extremely pleased! The hotel was very clean. The parking was very convenient. Best of all the staff were amazing! My car would not start the morning of departure (because a dome light had been left on). The manager promptly worked to help resolve the problem. She asked Mike, the hotel's engineer, to help us. He was so kind to use his own vehicle to jump start my car. Who does that! We were on our way in no time! We were so grateful for the help. I will definitely stay there again! There customer service was outstanding. They really worked to ensure maximum customer satisfaction!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ames, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were in town on quick overnight trip, and we got this hotel at a great price.
Pros:
- The building is awesome, very modern.
- The staff was very friendly, and attentive.
- The room, a king room, was spacious with a nice TV, Directv, and nice beds.
- The location is awesome. There's a lot of eclectic shopping, and plethora of dining and drinking establishment.
- The parking ramp is available from the hotel elevators, and was only $10 a night.

Cons:
- The heat didn't work correctly. They said took a bit to warm up, so we went to dinner. When we got back it was still mid 60's in the room. We didn't have the energy to switch rooms,so we bundled up, and did best.
- When got up to go in the morning (5 AM), we had no hot water. That was bad start to a long day, and we had no time to wait for a fix.

The hotel has a lot of promise, but I wish I had stayed at a cheaper hotel with better bones.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Omaha Downtown Old Market? Share your experiences!