“Old Charm Meet New Facility” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Valet Parking Package
Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Seward, Nebraska
“Old Charm Meet New Facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

A visitor to Omaha gets the best of both old and new with a visit to the Residence Inn Omaha Downtown. The building, built during the depression, used to be the Federal Building, a mainstay office building. The decision was made to re-purpose it with the resurgence of activity in the downtown area. During the renovation, the decision was made to combine the charm of the old floors in the hallways and lobby area while creating modern suites worthy of the Marriott name.

My suite, on a corner, was well configured for sleeping with the bedroom separate from the living area and small but well equipped kitchenette. The bathroom had modern fixtures and the bed was very comfortable. There were two televisions and plenty of outlets for electronics. I had no trouble connecting to the internet with my notepad.

Two things need to be remembered about this facility. First, being an old office building it has lots of windows. Each window has a privacy blind that lets light in but keeps eyes out in addition to a curtain. Second, parking in downtown Omaha is at a premium. For an additional charge the hotel offers valet parking. Taking advantage of that may lessen the travel hassles.

There are a variety of restaurants within a couple of blocks of the hotel. Two main attractions in downtown Omaha, the conference center and the Old Market are each about a half mile walk. It isn't a difficult walk, but it is a walk. Being an old office building, it it close to a number of downtown corporate businesses.

The signature Residence Inn breakfast was good although the oatmeal was on the watery side. Overall, this facility gets two thumbs up.

Room Tip: This Residence Inn has 12 floors. The views on the higher floors may be better.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Teachman2...thank you for the review, and for the 'two thumbs up'! We are so excited that you enjoyed your experience, and I certainly appreciate the review. I particularly enjoyed that you reviewed the entire hotel, allowing future guests to hear from others on what they can expect. Thanks again, and we hope to see you in the future! All the Best -

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
colorado springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Two nights in Omaha. One reason I picked this location was the reviews I have read here. THe Airport shuttle and the ability to use hotel shuttle was another resaon. Airport shuttle was easy, we arrived after 9pm, called the desk and the shuttle was at the airport in 15 minutes, pleasant and knowledgeable driver. Used shuttle to go to Creighton, and to the Old Market, what a benefit. Check in was a breeze, Hotel staff was friendly and very helpful made us feel at home and I believe they actually care. Hotel is new and our room was great, had a corner room on 4th floor. Breakfast was fantastic both mornings. Game room in basement, where all of the games were free (I have never seen that before) . Will stay again, unless I need a hotel with a pool than I would have to look someplace else. Great experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Coloradomurf...what a review! Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our team and services. Last I checked there are many games played at the Centurylink Center each year, so I certainly hope we see you again! Thanks again! All the Best -
Trumbull, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Typical Residence Inn layout with a small kitchen and separate work / sofa area. A very comfortable bed and a nice bathroom although the hot water in the shower was not quite up to temperature. Also, the cushions on the sofa reeked of mildew which housekeeping should have noticed. Needs a little more attention to details to move up a star.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear SIJayhawk...thank you for the review. It is very odd for us to hear of housekeeping errors in our suite, and I'd love to be able to investigate further to ensure each guest a pleasant experience. If at all possible, I'd love to have the opportunity to speak with you. If you could, please reach out to me at 402.342.4770, or shoot me an email at kyle.highberg@marriott.com. Thank you, for bringing this to our attention, and for staying with us! All the Best -
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was booked to stay at the Fairfield property down the street but found out they had no hot water upon check-in so I was moved here instead. What can I say? Fantastic customer service.

The hotel manager matched my rate at the other hotel, waived the valet fee for me since I would not have paid that at the other property, had my rewards number and room ready to go, assisted me getting my bags from my car and even gave some dinner advice and offered my a ride so I would not have to drive in the bad weather.

Customer service like this is why I enjoy Marriott hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Eyvette...thank you for the review! It was certainly our pleasure to be able to assist our sister hotel, and you, during your time in Omaha. We were delighted to have you, and welcome you back to our hotels at any time! All the Best -
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Wow! This was a surprise. Through my 150 nights / year travel, this is quite a nice surprise. The property is a very cool historic Federal Building, with a modern decor. It is a good business and family hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear 150hotelnightsayear...if your name is any indication of how much you travel, I must say, your review of the hotel was such a compliment! I understand, with how much you travel, that there are many choices for you and we are so pleased your experience here was great enough to write about us on TripAdvisor.com. Thank you so much, and we hope to serve you again in the future! All the Best -
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed at this hotel during recent business trip. Very friendly staff, nice, modern rooms. Not sure about the convenience of the location as we got there very late and had an early departure. Having complementary evening reception and breakfast included was certainly a plus. Will for sure stay here again when in Omaha!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Mr. Scholz...thank you for the review! So sorry you weren't here long enough to experience all our hotel, and the city, has to offer! To help you a bit, we are situated in downtown, equidistant from the Old Market, Financial District, and Entertainment Districts of downtown Omaha...all within a half a mile from each other. So you're definitely in the right spot! Thank you for your comments on our staff, we certainly love our guests and do our best to show that each day. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon! All the Best -
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Over the holidays, my husband and I were driving cross country to a family reunion. Omaha was our halfway point and a close friend was raving about Marriott's recent renovation of the historic Federal Building. We were not disappointed. The staff really impressed us. Not only was everyone we dealt with competent, but they were all so friendly! We arrived late at night in the middle of a winter storm. The staff was ready and waiting. A valet parked our car - complementary valet parking - while the other staff members checked us in and got us settled in our room. The room was quite large with all of the amenities. Since we were only there for one night, we didn't have time to take advantage of the well appointed kitchen. The best part of the room for me, was the quality of the bed and pillows. They were as comfortable as mine at home! We left after a delicious breakfast and coffee to go. The staff sent us off with a smile. We will definitely be back for a longer stay next time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Debruder...what a review! I certainly appreciate the thoroughness of your review, from the competency and friendliness of our team, to the actual rooms themselves. When building our hotel, we wanted to provide the best staff and the best features for the best guests in Omaha. I'm so happy that, in your eyes, we did not disappoint! Thank you, again, and we certainly hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future! All the Best -

Been to Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area? Share your experiences!