“Great evening out with my wife!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 1,045 Restaurants in Omaha
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great evening out with my wife!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very homey feel, with great food and service. We've never been dissapointed.
We even end up at the same table nearly every time, kind of like our own little getaway.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Old Standby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We love this place. We also love the sister restaurant, Mantra, in Benson. But that has a younger, feistier vibe. Taxi is more mature and settled, with an older clientele. But the formula still works, and very well. Lots of great salads and sandwiches, good early evening specials, great small plates, and very reasonable prices. I had a pasta dish with shrimp, my wife a salad, and her father the walleye. All were happy. The soups here (and at Mantra) are outstanding. My wife and I had a vegetarian "chowder" which was healthy and wonderful. The other offering was the blue cheese and cabbage soup, which, while rich, is to die for. Service here is always great, and the drink and wine options are excellent. Not one of the top 5 in town, but in the next tier. And that ain't shabby. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
“A Regular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We've been going there every couple of months for 10 years. We are still discovering new dishes and specials. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. The food is excellent. Try the Tuna Nachos for a late night snack at the bar. Fantastic!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Be careful with cheese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Taxis is a true bistro--ambience is wonderful and is reminiscent of Paris, with great eats and a wonderful staff. Having eaten here previously and always been pleased with the food, imagine my disappointment when my order of Macaroni and Cheese came swimming in an oily mess. When this was pointed out to our server she graciously asked if I would care for something else. Having my heart and stomach set on Mac and Cheese, I bravely asked that the chef please try again. Oh, dear, what foolish faith I had, the encore presentation was only marginally better than the first. My past experiences indicate that this was an anomaly, however, take my advice and don't risk the Mac and Cheese.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Omaha
“Outstanding food and service! Great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Every month we go out with friends and sample the many restaurants that Omaha has to offer. We have been doing this now for several years. Last night we hit a home run with the selection of this place. Taxi's is inconspicuously located in a strip mall. You can easily drive by the mall and not notice one of the best restaurants in town. The decor is warm and inviting. They have a little of everything on their menu. They have early night specials between 5 and 7 which include salad, entree, and dessert at a reasonable price. In addition, if you take advantage of the early night special, they also have special prices for drinks. We started out with the spinach and artichoke dip, which they call "spinart". This is one appetizer that we try to order at all the restaurants we visit. This was by far one of the best we had eaten at any restaurant. It had great flavor, consistency, and the portion size was large. For entrees, the members of our group had the pot roast, seafood enchilada, and crab cake salad. All the dishes came out in a timely manner, at proper temperature, and in adequate portions. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. He checked with us several times during the meal, and the staff was on top of refilling our water glasses and removing our dishes throughout the meal. Overall, it was a great dining experience, one for which we will be back to try again.

• Visited March 2013