“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #85 of 1,115 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Austrian, German, Swiss
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Omaha, Nebraska
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Been there a couple of times. Once for dinner , and another time or two to purchase items from there bakery. The bakery areas seems to lack organization. A lot of the items are not labeled or have prices on them. I wanted to buy some pie because they had a large selection on their website. None of the pies were labeled, I had no idea what I was looking at. A couple of the staff were moving around the pie area, but no one asked if they could assist. None of the bread items or rolls were labeled and some did not have a price them I tried the peanut butter cheesecake and it tasted like something I would buy at a grocery store. I thought it would be better quality but was not.

The dinner was some time ago, so I don't remember everything, but I do remember having a salad delivered to our table when I did not ask for one. And it had some house dressing on it, so apparently if you want a salad, you don't get a choice of dressings. The meal was pretty average. Don't think I will go back, too many other choices in town.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Orange, Texas
“Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We actually were searching for Ruby Tuesday, which our navigator indicated was in the area. Disappointed, we decided to try WheatFields. Are we ever glad we did!! After a long day's drive, our server put us right at ease with her friendliness and helpful hints regarding the extensive menu. If we are ever back in Omaha, we will definitely return to WheatFields.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very nice place for breakfast in the Old Market area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

neat atmosphere-very good breakfast-reasonable prices
great outdoor seating
in house bakery
will definitely return again

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I invited six friends to meet for breakfast. We were held hostage for 2.5 hours. The place was practically empty. The table was dirty. The waiter was so slow. The food was just ok .
The waiter was sarcastic as far as us waiting 35 min for our check .

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I really enjoyed the food - quantity and quality. Service was slow - that could be a one off.
Great location - you can walk to competition easily. Plenty of choices here.
Only drawback is parking - got to pay through the nose on a meter, which takes credit cards. I can't wait to go again!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Wheatfields? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Wheatfields, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.