“This is one great Steak !!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
DOUGLASVILLE
“This is one great Steak !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have been in Omaha twice and a local business contact took me to Drovers the first time and I took someone else with me on my second visit to Omaha !! The place is always busy (but not so busy I had to wait) and the menu is not that huge but there could just be the Whiskey Filet on it and I would come back everytime. Great salad bar that got a little of my attention as did the fresh bread, and the service was good but I would say the steak did all the important talking to me !! Hey, I am sure there are a lot of good steaks in Omaha, but so far this is best I have found and if a great steak is on your wish list while in Omaha put this place in your GPS and get ready to say WOW !! I also heard from the other side of the table that the Whiskety Strip was pretty good as well !!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Your not here for the salad bar are you?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Drover is the real deal for a genuine steakhouse. Had the whiskey strip steak with an old friend who took me here. Have to say it was one of the most juicy and flavorful steaks I have had anywhere. At 9 PM the place was still very busy. Service was prompt and attentive. Decor was beginning to get dated but added to the old steakhouse ambiance. The salad bar was good but not much to talk about, but then you don't come here for the salad bar.
Highly recommend Drover for a great steak and the experience of a long ago remembered steakhouse meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oswego, Illinois
“Great steak, top salad bar --”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Really nice filet, salad bar is first rate. Needs better variety of appetizers and desserts.
Having said that, I didn't have room for either after the salad bar and terrific filet. But some in group wanted more options.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
roberte19
“Best Steak in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I love this place. Knocks it out of the park every time I am there. Whiskey Filet is where it is at.

Visited June 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Old school place. Loved the whiskey steak.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place reminded me of old school Las Vegas (in a very good way). Lots of friendly locals at the bar. It was perfect in an imperfect way. The steak had a great and unusual flavor.

• Visited May 2013