“Not a good filet.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 1,114 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dodge Street
Description: Thank you for your interest in Spencer's for Steaks and Chops of Omaha! Spencer's offers prime steaks, fresh seafood, pastas, as well as an array of fresh, homemade desserts. Spencer's invites you to experience "Prime" beef pure and simple. Our wine list has just received the "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" for the fourth year in a row. We are very proud to have been recently voted Diners‘ Choice; “Best Service” “Best Ambiance” , and “Best Overall”. Stop by and see why.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not a good filet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011 via mobile

My first steakhouse in Omaha and it came out overcooked and pressed looking. Looked like a sirloin from outback.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Omaha, Nebraska
“Fleecing Their Customers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

My husband and I decided to try Spencers again (Second Chance) on New Years Eve and took our friends to dinner. Our reservations were for 7:30, and they said 8:00. No big deal, we went to the bar and had some drinks. We started with Lobster Bisque. When it arrived it smelled very fishy, then we noticed it was dark brown with the consistency of gravy and no lobster to be found in the disgusting sauce. There was no cognac, no cream, and it tasted like thickened beefy onion soup. We had to send it back. The lobster tail is half a tail, out of the shell, served in a bowl with the butter in the bottom of the bowl. Fillet oscar style is NOT oscar style. They provide you with two lobster claw pieces of meat, which in my book no one eats. They are extremely rubbery and very thick skin. (ECK!) The asparagus spears are not spears. They are diced stalks mixed in the hollandaise with NO spears. We felt very fleeced. We do not hesitate to order what we want when we eat out, although we do not want to feel taken advantage of. $300 would have been much better spent at Jack Binion's at Harrah's Casino in Council Bluffs, IA or Sullivan's in downtown Omaha, or Flemings in Regency (Omaha). Extremely disappointed!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Average only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

As I sit here finishing dinner I find myself disappointed overall. The location and staff are great but the quality of my filet was less than I expected for the price. As a business person I would go elsewhere with a client that I want to impress.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Omaha
“We'll be back!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Excellent service by the entire staff from the moment we crossed the threshold. Excellent ambiance - including the background music. Oh! the food - couldn't be better anywhere in Omaha. The roasted lamb chops with pesto sauce were THE BEST, and the available lobster tail with every entree is wonderful. We Will Be Back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Corvallis, Oregon
“Reliably good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

My husband and I frequently travel to Omaha to visit family. We always stay in the OId Market District. Spencer's is in the Hilton Garden Inn (so convenient if we get in late). The service is great, the wine list is even better, and the food is outstanding.

• 5 of 5 stars Food