“Indian Food in Omaha that is way more than just Curry” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Omaha, Nebraska
“Indian Food in Omaha that is way more than just Curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I was surprised when I read all of the reviews on TA before we went to Jaipur. They seemed slightly inconsistent. Either people loved it, or they thought it was just "ok". Admittedly, I have only ate Indian Food a couple of times. So, as a base line, I don't know that I really have one. But here's what I know from my experience at Jaipur.

First, it was packed. My wife and I were there for over an hour and a half and the restaurant never slowed down. There had been a few comments about the service speed on TA from previous diners. Our server was extrememly friendly and the speed of service was good. One thing I noted was that all of the diners that were there seemed to really be enjoying themselves and I could over hear people talking about the food. Even the table next to ours, noted we were new and wanted us to try some of their entree. They said it was one of their favorite restaurants in Omaha.

The food was unique and tasty. The Naan bread was good. The mint chutney, was excellent with a bit of kick. I had a lamb dish and my wife had a chicken dish. Both were dynamite. Bold flavors! I would also tell you to give the soup a try. It was also very, very good. Jaipur is also a brewery. I tried the Raspberry beer and it was good. I also heard very good comments about the Jalepeno beer.

So, if you are looking for the "same ole, same ole" American food - don't go to Jaipur. But, if you are looking to expand your pallate a little I would highly recommend giving this little gem a try in Omaha.

• Visited March 2012

“Very impressed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

I went here for a birthday party. We surprised them with a party of 9 people. At first they said we needed a reservation but then seated us. We were waited on quickly. The staff helped us pick out the food to our tastes. They make their own beer there. The jalopeno beer was excellent as well as the stout. Everyone's food was excellent!! The entire bill for 9 including several beers was $200. I will go back without a doubt!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Omaha
“Best Indian in Omaha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

There are a few good Indian restaurants in Omaha, but Jaipur is the best. The atmosphere makes it a destination for romance or a special occasion. The food is great. The vegetable Samosas, the Chicken Korma and the Nan are some of our favorites. If you want good Indian, go. It is not the cheapest (there are cheaper ones out there), but it is the best for taste and atmosphere.

• Visited June 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Indian place to dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I was very satisfied with my recent dining experience at Jaipur. I had Chicken Tikka and Spinach stuffed Naan with couple glasses of Jalapeno beer. Food was really flavorful and tasty. I was scared to try Jalapeno beer but the wait staff was very nice to let me taste it first. I liked their homemade ice-cream with Mango on it. It was truly yummy and my 7 year old loved their fruit yogurt drink called Lassi. My wife had Lamb dish (Kadai Ghost) which was the best thing we had ever tasted in any Indian restaurant. I recommend Jaipur to all food lovers!!!

• Visited February 2011
Detroit, Michigan
“One of the worst yet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

To cheat people out of their to go orders is sleazy and not a good way to do business.
You don't get what you paid for not to mention the owner is the crappiest busniess man I've met. doesn't smile and thinks he owns Taj Mahal. NOT GOING BACK.

• Visited February 2010