“better than anticipated in some respects address is wrong” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner
Omaha
“better than anticipated in some respects address is wrong”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

For starters this restaurant is located between Center and Grover just east of 84th street. There are not many diners. The chicken tikki masala was quite good and the service was satisfactory as well. Its kind of spooky when you are the only people eating at a restaurant. Another group of men entered, left, and returned with bags of liquor. (no liquor license)

I am not sure how long they last at this volume. The food is probably better than some of the more popular Indian restaurants; yet the feel is a little spooky.

This spot like most Indian restaurants is high for what you actually receive.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
Omaha, NE
“Food ok - service... NOT SO MUCH.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We used to go to this place when it was on 124th and Center. It was nice. The food was always hot and the staff was pretty friendly.

This place moved to 83rd and Spring st and is just terrible. The food wasn't bad and I had a YELP $10 coupon so that helped but wow... Not again.

First, there is no music or background sound. So you walk in and you feel like you're in a library or something. No one was talking or saying anything. It was creepy.

Then, our poor waiter who couldn't speak a lick of English was trying to help us. We needed a fork. Three of us needed a fork and anyone coming behind us needed a fork. That took at least 10 minutes to explain and then some lady from the back kitchen I assume came out and made some comment that I couldn't understand, either scolding the young server or making a crack about us needing forks. (I noticed a few people were actually at other tables using spoons to eat their meal).

To pay you had to go into a dark side of the place were a man stood in front of a computer and did whatever. I'm sure when I get my credit card statement it will be very entertaining.

I really used to like this place - I don't think it's the same people running it. Buyer beware.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“very sketchy restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This restaurant has moved to south 83rd plaza. Should have moved to mars. Food was marginal at best. Fish pakora was disgusting. Bad atmosphere and terrible service.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I got a living social voucher and went to try this place. Wow! What a waste of time and money. To start, you walk in and there are tables already, it's like you walk right into someone's meal, there is no hostess area. Then to get food from the buffet you have to go behind this wall into an area so small you keep bumping into other people. The setup is completely chaotic. The food is just okay barely passing the mediocre level; the pans get empty and take them forever to replenish them with food. We asked for water at the beginning of our meal and only got it at the same time we got the check. The waiter did not look like he wanted to be there at all. The lady that takes your payment is sort of rude, never smiles at you, she made us feel like we were more of a burden then the customers that she actually needs to make her living. They have moved so if you see a picture above with a nice hostess desk and rugs and décor, that is their old place. Now the place is literally a dump, with new ownership. So here you have it! Bad food, bad service, bad ambiance, this place have nothing going for them.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Santiago
“A good experience, with above average food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We thought that the taste and quality of the food was superb. We would go back. The service was just OK, there were only a couple people there when we went so it worked out fine. I got a tray with a variety of dishes and my wife ordered chicken tandori. I liked being able to try the different preparations of food. And while sometimes the "sampler" leaves you hungry, this one had enough food.

• Visited January 2012