“Food was not great.” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Omaha, Nebraska
“Food was not great.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had gone to this place several years ago and the restaurant was amazing with great ambiance. In March 2012, I went the restaurant with my boyfriend. The romantic feel it once had was gone. The food was not good especially for what we paid. We ended up getting sick for the following two days. I felt awful that I recommended the restaurant in the first place. It lost all the magic that it once had sadly to say.

49% Recommend
Omaha, Nebraska
“Love their bread....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I do really enjoy Grisanti's bread. Warm, garlicy, buttery, and just good tasting. The spaghetti and fetticini are decent. Salads are okay too. Service is usually fast and friendly. The place does get busy on Friday and Saturday evenings so a wait should not be unexpected.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Papillion
“Good Meeting--Noisy Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The president of our organization chose Grisanti's to have our meeting and dinner. I asked our server if there was a Monday Special. He replied, "Kids eat free." We had a private dining room for our meeting. However, next to us was a family(s) with many noisy kids. Guess that we picked the wrong night! The server was excellent and the food was good. There were 8 of us. I agree with other reviewers, the facility needs to be updated, and the lighting could be better.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Papillion, Nebraska
“A favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The bread and salad are reason enough to go but we do love the entrees as well. We have found the service lacking lately and have been less likely to go across town to visit.

Visited April 2012
Omaha
“Great Local Italian in Omaha”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have been dining at this restaurant for over 7 years. We love Italian and I'm a big fan local joints. I'd say Grisanti's easily ranks in the top 5 Italian joints in Omaha.

Most of the food and sauces are all cooked fresh. The menu has changed a bit, but the best dishes have remained thru the years. The penne Gorgonzola with chicken, baked shrimp ziti, farfalle alla pesto are great dishes. The chic parm is also popular. They have many great dishes..... But their pastas are the best.

You won't leave hear hungry. Every entree comes with a soup or salad, And as you've read in other reviews, there bread. The bread is what many remember when visiting. I'm sure it's not healthy.... But it's darn good.

One thing we love about Grisanti's is value. Some Italian restraints feel the need to charge a bunch and you still leave not full. That's not the case hear. Almost every pasta is under $17. The steaks and dinner entrees are under $22.

The services has always been pretty good. It's a large restaurant so it requires a good amount of servers on staff..... So the turn over I'm sure is high.... But management has done a good training.

The building itself is awesome. I've always thought it would make a great club. It's located in the center of Omaha near the interstate and dodge Freeway. The atmosphere is alright. One of the review mentioned it could use some updating. I would agree with the. They have maintained it alright... But it could use some modernization.
In summary, Grisanti's is one if the best local Italian restaurants in Omaha. There is a great menu with fabulous pastas. The value is great for the amount and quality if food for the price. Drinks are reasonable also. The service is fast and friendly.... For both lunch and dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Food