“Good Brews” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,045 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Doing business, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 11th & Jackson
Transit: Upstream Brewing Company and the Old Market area are easily accessible by Metro Area Transit bus routes 10 and 13 and Express route 95.
Description: Since opening in 1996, Upstream Brewing Company has become well known for its great food, friendly service, terrific beer and casual upscale atmosphere. We feature an extensive menu of new American pub fare including: Omaha’s best appetizers and thin-crust pizzas, pub favorites, superb steaks featuring hand cut “Omaha Steaks” beef, fresh fish, pasta dishes, main course salads, hearty sandwiches and, a great children’s menu. Our fully stocked bars feature our award winning fresh, handcrafted beers and root beer on tap. An extensive wine list with over 100 selections has been recognized with multiple Wine Spectator Magazine Awards of Excellence. Large parties are welcome and we have multiple options for seating large groups. Named "One of Omaha’s Top Ten Restaurants" by the Omaha World Herald, and the winner of 14 “Best of Omaha” Awards, Upstream Brewing Company is the ideal gathering place for any group. Call ahead for group reservations or to be placed on our waiting list.
San Antonio, TX
“Good Brews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stopped here for dinner during a break from a conference at the nearby Embassy Suites. It's a short walk. The craft beers were very good, the happy hour prices were reasonable, and the food was very good as well. While ordered 'medium', the burger did come out well done. It was still tasty and not worth the hassle of waiting for a redo. Recommended if you are looking for a casual dining experience, good beer, and some tasty food.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Business Lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Had many business lunches/dinners her and have never been dissapointed!
This time my co-worker and I had soup-n-salads, my tomatoe bisque was great! My friend loved her chili. The beers made on site are fantastic, I had the red ale and the black lager, both very fine!
I would always encourage anyone to visit the Old Market area and the Upstream Brewery....

• Visited April 2014
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Came hungry, left satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I enjoyed a meal with colleagues last week in Omaha. We shared a few items; artichoke dip, gouda beer cheese and mac & cheese. Every item was super delish. For my entrée I ordered Beef Stroganoff which I did not eat. I didn't like how dark the sauce was, too rich and the noodles were not a good fit for this dish. It worked out okay for me because all the appetizer items we ordered were fantastic and I was full by the time my meal arrived. The Mac & Cheese was my fave, it had chunks of cubed ham and was made using cavatappi noodles. I could eat that every day.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Beer - Mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I've eaten at the Upstream many times, most recently on a business trip in March. It is something of a fixture in the Old Market. if you are looking for a noisy, sports bar brew-pub atmosphere, this is the place for you. The beer is really good. The food is just average, and I've tried a good fraction of the menu items. The steaks are generally not bad, and to be fair they are a little cheaper here than many places in Omaha (Omaha is very proud of their steaks). My meal on this most recent occasion was typical: a pretty good but not great rib eye, sitting on a bed of mixed vegetables and broiled potatoes that were cooked to complete mush. The calamari appetizer was very good, and one of my companions said the salmon was excellent. It's not a bad place to eat and it's a great place to drink beer and watch a game, but if you are looking to experience a great Omaha steak with equally great sides -- keep looking. Try Spencer's.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Louisburg, Kansas
“I think I'd try someplace different next time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had a wide variety of appetizers. Bacon wrapped shrimp and calamari were the best. Didn't care for the hummus, quesadillas, fried pickles and wings. Left feeling "meh" about the food and beer. Beer was ok, but liked what I had at Blatt better. Service, however, was fantastic and the atmosphere was cool.

• 3 of 5 stars Food