“My very favorite restaurant in Omaha!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #258 of 1,106 restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Italian
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“My very favorite restaurant in Omaha!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I've lived in Omaha for almost a year, and this is one of the first restaurants I ate at, and it was love at first sight. It might throw you for a loop when you pull up because it's in a residential neighborhood and a little bit difficult to find, but I think that adds to its charm. The staff is incredibly helpful - I'm a picky eater, and they always graciously take care of my special requests. The salad tends to be a little overdressed, so make sure to request dressing on the side, or easy on the dressing. I reccommend the chicken parm or the brascioli - a huge meatball with bacon in the middle. Heaven! That said, there is nothing on the menu I would not reccomend - I've enjoyed everything I've ever ordered there. I've been on multiple first dates there (it's my go-to date restaurant!), and anytime I have a friend coming to visit, this is the first place I take them.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great little Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Malara's has great homemade pasta and sauces. Its definetely "off the beaten path" but well worth the travel.

Visited January 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“We found nothing particularly distinguishing about this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

The location of this Italian restaurant in a converted house in a residential area south of downtown reminded me of establishments located on "The Hill" nieghborhood of St. Louis. The food not so much. We visited Malara's with a family group and I found the food adequate but nothing special. They seemed to have more fish on the menu that most Italian restaurants, but we didn't try it. My wife and I both had pasta with Alfredo sauce and while it was OK, there was nothing particularly distinguishing about it and it wasn't even particularly well-presented on the plate. While our relatives from Omaha poo-pooed the Old Market's Old Spaghetti Works as being too touristy and not authentic enough, I'd be more excited about going there again than I'd be about returning to this place.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

This beautiful and clean italian neighborhood restaurantis the best: the food is plentiful and always good....nicely prepared. Friendly and clean....It is maybe the best Italian family restaurant in Omaha.

“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

An old style Italian restaurant in an out of the way location. Very good food. The toasted ravioli is the best!