“Had a Bad Experience” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
New York City, New York
“Had a Bad Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Unfortunately, after several descent meals, I was served crab cakes with a rancid ingredient in them. I'm not afraid to say I know my food. And I know that either the breadcrumbs, cheese or oil had gone bad. The problem is in the way it was handled. They insisted that these were fresh-made cakes and argued that they can't be bad. One sniff and you could tell. I suggested it may be a bad ingredient, but they made me another one...with the same bad ingredient. By now, appetite gone & company finished eating, I asked for it to be removed from the bill. I shouldn't have had to ask and I shouldn't have gotten an attitude. Previous meals were good, so I'll probably return, but I haven't yet.

Visited June 2013

Ankeny, Iowa
“I loved Shuck's from the minute I walked in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went to visit my daughter in Omaha and finally went to the restaurant that is her boyfriend's favorite. The restaurant has a great feel about it and the staff was extremely welcoming. It has a nice patio, but we ate late and dined inside. So many good choices. Basa Fish looked fabulous, Blackened Cod had a nice seasoning, but my favorite was the Risotto. I just had the side dish which was plenty with a cup of gumbo and some Oyster Rockefeller. So many other things I want to try, fried oyster, po-boy and more. Their house bloody mary was really good and my daughter had a great hurricane. I am anxious to go again!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianola, Iowa
“Interesting place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Shuck's came highly recommended for its seafood. We had lunch here and the food and service was very good. I had the oyster/shrimp po' boy sandwich - very good. We had a late lunch and the bartender was our server. He was very attentive to our needs.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Omaha
“Best fresh seafood in Omaha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

To clarify Shuck's on Pacific is 2 separate stores. You can get fresh seafood for cooking here and also get cooked food in the restaurant. Both are excellent. The best place in town to pick up freshly flown-in seafood. Oysters, steak fillets, tuna and other delicacies. If you are in the mood to cook seafood this is where you need to go. For the restaurant there are great specials, good service and nice relaxed atmosphere. Recommended!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great seafood restaurant for reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a party of 15 that visited the restaurant on 119th & Pacific St in Omaha. Fortunately we got there early enough that they could accomodate our party as it is a small restaurant. Service was very good and food was delicious. Only suggestions would be to add a salad and bread with meals to make it more of a complete meal. Otherwise, everyone enjoyed their selections.

• Visited February 2013