“Helpful & Good” 4 of 5 stars

402-408-9000
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stokes Grill and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 1,114 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th St.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Helpful & Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stopped here for dinner with 15 yr. old granddaughter a recently converted vegetarian and the waiter was so kind to suggest foods she might like and even though soup was to spicy for her they hooked her up with some cheese enchilada's. Thank you for good food and nice people.

Visited June 2014

Antioch, Illinois
“Good choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

In Omaha for the CWS - Old Market area a definite visit. Stokes was on the "list" from the hotel bartender so we tried it. Glad we did. The service was quick & attentive, food was hot & tasty, nice decor & reasonably priced. My favorite part - the scrumptious Moscow Mule in a copper cup!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nebraska
“SERVICE WAS FUN BY OUR WAITER AND THE FOOD WAS THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and i went in last Thurs. evening before our flight the next day, we had been to the other stokes and it had been good so we decided to try it.
Our waiter was young and new on the job and he made small mistakes but always corrected them and was always smiling, that #1 in my book.
All the food was so good. the appetizer "mushroom enchilada" was out of this world.
We have ate all over the world but this was stands on top.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Great food and music, weird service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had a great meal here during the CWS. All of our entrees were excellent and are priced very reasonably. Most of the Southwestern/Mexican dishes are in the $12-$15 range. Their chips are the super thin kind which I really like. Guac was good (although a little too salty) and it came with 2 good salsas.

They had an excellent 3 piece guitar band playing Santana and similar music the night we were there.

The only downside was the service. Several people who served us seemed to know nothing about the place. Our waitress was unfamiliar with the beer selection (when we asked if they had any IPA's, she said "it depends" and didn't seem to know what an IPA was). She also could not answer basic questions about the menu. The guy who delivered my wife's salmon salad announced it as a steak salad, etc. But it's a casual place so I wouldn't worry too much about the bad service - the food is good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Best salad I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The "Good For You" salad. I like kale. Kale in a salad attracted my attention in the first place, and I leery of ordering kale that I can't see before I buy. So many places seem to have tough kale... make you feel like you're eating sileage. But this salad also has spinach and chard. In this salad, all three green were fresh and tasty, but the basil dressing is what really sent me reeling with joy. Very imaginative flavor and texture combinations. Next time I travel I-80, I will stop in Omaha for this incredible salad.

Nice ambiance on the Saturday I cruised through the Old Market area. Lots of inviting pastries and coffee in the neighborhood.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Stokes Grill and Bar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Stokes Grill and Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.