“Beautiful hotel, great location.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Parking!
Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in Omaha
Iowa
“Beautiful hotel, great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

During our stay parts of the hotel were still undergoing renovation, but we didn't seem to notice any extra noise. The staff made sure to inform us that there could be extra noise between the hours of 8am and 5pm, however. We got one of the newly renovated rooms and it was lovely! The decor was very tasteful and classic with a modern twist and the beds were very comfortable. The hot tub had jets that were powerful and provided a nice massage unlike most hotel hot tubs I've used recently. The hotel lobby and bar area were beautifully decorated and very welcoming. I really liked how they had a mix of fabrics and textures to make it seem more homey and less matchy matchy.

As for the location, it's just a few blocks from the Old Market and connected by skywalk to the Qwest Center so it's a perfect hotel if you're planning on hitting the downtown night life.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
HiltonOmaha, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments and review of our newly remodeled rooms, service and convenient downtown location!

Operating a very busy hotel while remodeling every guestroom to ensure that we remain fresh and new for our guests can be a challenging balance.

We appreciate your recognition that our communication and efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay during the numerous upgrades were successful.

We hope that you will return to enjoy the finished product which will include 450 newly remodeled rooms, 150 added guestrooms, parking garage addition and new ballroom addition - and more exciting upgrades at the Hilton Omaha!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

The Hilton Omaha offers a fantastic level of service. I cannot say enough about the friendly staff. My only quibble with the place was that my guest room bathroom was not as clean as it could have been. That issue aside, this hotel was very good indeed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
HiltonOmaha, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Thank you for your kind review regarding our hotel and service.

Our sincere apologies thought that the bathroom cleanliness was not up to yours or our standards. I will send you a personal message with my contact information so that we can address this.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return!
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed 4 nights at the newly renovated Hilton, awesome. Consierge lounge as good as the Hilton in Baton Rouge. Close to all local restaurants and bars, just a great place to stay and the shuttles (gratis) made it perfect to get around town. 2 thumbs up on this gig.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review, we appreciate your time to comment.

We look forward to being of service to you again very soon!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Having worked at a AAA 4 diamond resort, I know the guidelines to retain the AAA 4 diamond standard. This hotel failed just about every aspect of the standard. The room we stayed in was very nice. I thoroughly enjoyed the room - plenty of blankets and a very comfortable mattress. But that's about where everything great ends. My boyfriend and I had traveled from Colorado to Kansas city as a last minute trip - no planning. We just needed to get away. We had stayed at hotel in Kansas city - small room (about 250 sq ft at best), but friendly front desk agents. Thereafter we decided to go pick up a puppy I had been asking over from a breeder in Nebraska - 3 hours away. We had been driving well over 24 hours combined, exhausted by the time we picked up the puppy and arrived in Downtown Omaha. The bell services/valet ignored us completely, so we parked for ourselves on the 2nd floor next to the elevator located outside. I went up to the front desk with my boyfriend and new puppy in tote, the woman gave the puppy the dirtiest look. You can tell when someone gives you the "Ew. You like flea bags?" look. We disregarded it, she discussed the $75.00 non refundable charge for having the puppy and gave us our key cards. We went up to the room, which was a relief. Shortly thereafter, I needed my purse from the vehicle and went downstairs, outside the hotel to the outdoor elevator and to the vehicle to get my purse. This proved to be ridiculous. So we asked for valet to take care of the vehicle, we didn't mind the charge. As I was waiting for my boyfriend to bring the vehicle out so valet can deal with it, I brought the puppy with me. This time around, I didn't just get a dirty look from an employee, I got a comment as well. "Thats a fox! Foxes are illegal! Foxes are illegal!". My dog is black, and granted, she did have a narrow face, but by no means resembled a fox. I was quick to correct him and told him she was a rare breed, and a puppy. If foxes could grow to be 50lbs - he would have had a point. Because of the time we had gotten the puppy, all pet stores were closed, so we didn't have a collar or leash, just a slip lead, and when she didn't have her slip lead on (due to the fact if I step on it and fall it could choke her or snap her neck) I was carrying her. The front desk agent was quick on that as well, "You need to put a leash on your dog, otherwise you will have to leave the premises and the night is non refundable". I was carrying my puppy to use the restroom outside. Puppies have tiny bladders, so she had be taken out often. After that I simply put the slip lead on her and put her on the ground to walk her outside. The next morning when we went to check out, the front desk agent had changed, but the demeanor remained the same. No friendly goodbye, no come again, no 'how was your stay?', just heres your bill and get out. The valet that morning was nicer and smiled. I appreciated that a great deal. Just someone smiling was a pleasant sight. We didn't dine there, so I cannot mention on the food, simply the service. My advice would be to look elsewhere to stay.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, having a top floor was nice.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonOmaha, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Our sincere apologies for the negative experience during your recent stay.

We are a pet friendly hotel and enjoy many four-legged guests on a regular basis. We would like to get more information and I will send you a personal message to speak directly with you.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment.
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

This was my first stay in Omaha. I was there for business and stayed at this hotel. The staff and service were average. The room I stayed in had 2 queen size beds and a nice size bathroom. The room was very clean and updated. There was construction going on and it was very obvious, although I was never bothered by noise. I would return if I were in the area.

HiltonOmaha, Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your review, we look forward to being of service to you again soon!
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

The Hilton Omaha is located across the street from the convention center. Nice place, but under construction adding a lot more rooms. Great service and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floors
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your review!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay!

You are correct that we are growing; we have completed the renovation of our 450 guestrooms and our suites will be completed within a couple of weeks. Our 150 room addition will be completed in the near future, making the Hilton Omaha a 600 room hotel.

We look forward to your return to enjoy the new atmosphere and the opportunity to be of service to you again.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Hotel has almost completed a renovation. New rooms look great. Vibrant colors, comfortable furniture, both for work and relaxation, large flat sreen TV, brightly lit bathrooms.
Staff is very friendly and eager to help.
The one thing that kept me from giving this hotel an excellent rating was the food. Ate in the restaurant one time and the food was not up to par. Not the right temperature or quality for this hotel. Nebraska is supposed to be the beef expert. Not at this hotel.
Ordered room service and the sandwich I ordered just didn't taste right. Ordered a beer and the server didn't bring a glass for it. Left without opening the bottle, which turned out to be a non-twist off cap, so had to call again for a bottle opener. By the time it got to the room, the sandwich was cold. No appologies were offered.
Other than the food, the property is great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments!

We are very excited about our newly remodeled guestrooms, all of our guestrooms are comple and the 2/Double Bed rooms are all now 2/Queen bed rooms. Our suites will be comleted within a couple of weeks as well.

Our sincere apologies for the poor experience in our restaurant. I will send you a private message to contact me directly.

Thank you again for your comments!