“Under Construction” 3 of 5 stars

Colorado
13 attraction reviews
“Under Construction”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

A lot of the gardens are closed due to construction that will completed late 2014. But the grounds are very beautiful, please wear confortable shoes and light colors (cotton) because in July it was hot.

Visited July 2013

New York City
49 attraction reviews
“it has finally grown in!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I visited this garden when it was first built and didn't love it. However recently I visited and garden has really grown in. Beautiful plantings.....meandering paths and a beatiful garden of memories where you can sit and listen to the water running while being surrounded by the trees and gardens....gorgeous. I will return on my next trip and if you want a nice walk around in a very pleasant atmosphere not too far from the zoo, then I would suggest these gardens.

You cannot go wrong here! Cheers!

Omaha, Nebraska
20 attraction reviews
“A peaceful place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Enjoy walking around the specific garden areas and especially the rose garden. It is very unfortunate they are victims to area construction. In time, I'm sure they'll get it back to its glory. Plants are well-marked. My favorite spot is the waterfall within a wooded spot. Please don't bring your children here and just let them run wild though - they would be missing the peaceful and educational place that this is.

Kansas City, Missouri
52 attraction reviews
“Average garden and blooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I guess I was expecting the gardens to measure up to the wonderful zoo. I had trouble finding this place and when I got there I found it was pretty average. When I visit botanical gardens I expect to see an abundance of plants and flowers. That was not the case here...is it new? Perhaps it will improve with more seasons of plantings.
Please, Please more signage. My tip...head out with your GPS.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
12 attraction reviews
“WOW!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was our first visit to the gardens but it definitely won't be our last. We loved it and it was under construction so we only saw a small portion but even that was a WOW! Will probably visit any time we're in Omaha!