“Full Breakfast, Oh My!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 73 Hotels in Omaha
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Full Breakfast, Oh My!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed at the hotel with the family for the World Series, the bed size was a bit small when we arrived but upon asking the front desk they upgraded us to King. The next morning we had a breakfast of Belgian Waffles and scrambled eggs! Hotel had a Jacuzzi and full pool. I did my laps with ease! For dinner we went to Bogies Bar and Grill next door and enjoyed their Swiss Mushroom and Cheese burger! Yum!

Last year we stayed at the La Quinta nearby and they had cockroaches in the room, and while the advertisement said Full Breakfast, it was only continental. This was quite a disappoint for my partner.

In short while Comfort Suites is no Hilton, it's certainly the best for the price and location! We will return next year for the college world series! Go Florida state!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
gmne074, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you very much for the review. We appreciate the nice things that you said about us and hope that you have a great week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Enid, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We were called to Omaha for a funeral. We had been in Kansas City that day and made an offer on a home. I wanted to communicate with those in KCMO by email. I was promised free internet access. When in our room, there was none. I called the front desk and was informed that sometimes it just did not work and that I COULD CALL THE INTERNET COMPANY if I were concerned. I was a GUEST of the hotel and I AM TO CALL?

The room was clean and the breakfast was above average for a hotel. The attitude of the staff however left a bad taste in my mouth.

My wife experienced hearing road noise which kept her from getting a good night's sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We have done a lot of updating since you stayed with us. We printed out your review to help make a list of items we need to work on right away and have checked many off of our list. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope that you have a great week!
Council Bluffs, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were able to rent two rooms and had plenty of room for my daughter's birthday party. Each room had 2 beds plus a pull-out couch. The girls enjoyed swimming and pizza from Pizza Hut which is only a couple of blocks away. It was nice because it was not a busy hotel. It is nice quiet location. We didn't notice any bad smells or that it was dirty at all. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the compliments you wrote about the staff. We really appreciate your feedback and loved having you stay with us. Have a great week!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We've stayed here twice so far (during the Berkshire Hathaway meetings) and both times have been very pleased. Most recently, they were going through renovations. Some of the wallpaper in the stairwells was peeling but our room appeared to have been redone. The carpeting looked clean (rare in many hotels) and the bed linens were pretty nice. I've got to say - the pillows were awesome. I'm picky about how I like my pillows but these were just the perfect blend of soft but firm enough to support a side sleeper. My only complaint about the room: no full length mirror.
The free breakfast was good. Waffles, cold cereal, boiled eggs, oatmeal, fruit, danishes. I would have liked some bacon and yogurt but what they provided was fine and I certainly can't complain.
Overall, we've found this to be a great little hotel with a very helpful front desk staff. And a great big shout out to the manager. He was VERY helpful when I called and had to change our reservations during a very busy time of year for Omaha. We'll be back for next year's meeting!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate the high marks and the nice things you had to say about us!
Ankeny, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I was here with 2 friends for a business meeting, we shared a suite, it smelled of mold and the carpet and love seat had stains that had beeen their a while, the bathroom vent was clogged and had not been cleaned..there was constuction going on and the halls needed vacuming..the entry was clean but the rooms were less than desirable. Ive stay at comfort suites all over the country and this is the first one I have stayed at that I wish I could have stayed somewhere else...very over priced for what you recieve in experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues you had while you were here. We are working hard to make sure that this place gets much improvement and we have printed your review so we can figure out how we can strive to get better reviews in the future.
Spencer, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

There were too many numerous things to list about this place that I don't even know where to start. The cleanliness of the hotel was so bad that I considered calling the corporate headquarters to make sure they are aware that their name is on the building. I felt like I was staying in a third world country. Not worth the cheap prices, in fact you couldn't even pay me to go back. Couldn't wait to leave.

Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We travel often and almost always stay at Comfort Suites and have never had a problem. This hotel makes me think twice. The staff was friendly and nice, especially since they couldn't find our reservation. But, I was greatly disappointed with the room. It smelled moldy and musty. The bed sheets were not clean, the pillow cases had a yellow tint to them and the carpet was flithy. I was also very upset to come back to the room after a enjoyable day at the zoo to find that housekeeping didn't feel the need to take the garbage out. We have a baby in diapers, which made the already stinky room even worse. The pool was terrible as well. The hot tub is in very poor condition and the pool itself was so cold that I couldn't even get in it. My kids were very disappointed. They appeared to be updating parts of the hotel, which it is in much need of. But, they really should start with rooms, they need it!! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to any one. They also claim this is near the zoo, it's not.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!