“Dive Bar good!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Omaha
“Dive Bar good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Don't let the place fool you. It's a dive. And that's on a good day. But the food is awesome. The Luther burger is supreme! Cheeseburger served not on a bun, but between two glazed donuts! The grilled sweetness is a nice counter to the cheesy greasy burger. Just don't schedule your cholestrol check that week.

Visited August 2012

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Bad, but oh so good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Had the best nacho fries I have ever tasted. The sliders were excellent and fresh off the grill. The food was hot and fresh. The place is not much to look at but who cares when the food is so great.

If you are a heart patient, you may want to pass on this one. The menu was mostly things that are bad for you, but once in awhile, we all have to take the plunge.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bushnell, Illinois
“Loved It!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband, daughter, and I ate there yesterday. The Chicago style hot dogs and chilidogs were excellent!! The Italian beef sandwich had an excellent flavor; it could have been slightly more tender to be like Portillos beef, but again, it was very good. The basket of great fries was easily enough for the three of us.The owner, Chris, served as our waiter; he was very friendly and helpful while offering great service. This was for sure a restaurant that we will look forward to visiting again when we are in Omaha. My daughter that lives in Omaha went back to work and told her friends about this restaurant; she is eager to take them to Papa Chris.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“My kind of place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

This is my kind of place. When you come in you are greated by the owner himself. The food is very good too. I had the Papa Chris Sammy. It is a italian beef sandwich that I got with sweet peppers and spicy giardinera on. The sandwich was also dipped in the beef juice. It was absolutely fantastic. My wife had the Moo N' Oink sandwich. It is italian beef and shredded pork topped with cole slaw on a kaiser roll. To go with it we had very good french fries and some pretty good onion rings. This is as close to a chicago italian beef sandwich place as you can get without going to chicago. I will definateyl be going back to try the rest of the items on the menu.

• Visited January 2012