“Open Water Certification Course/Instructors” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 43 Activities in Omaha
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: State-of-the-art aquatic center offering year-round scuba and swim classes, plus trips to top diving destinations around the world. Large selection of dive equipment and accessories.Committed to safety and fun, DiVentures offers a variety of activities for kids, families and corporate groups. Stop by and learn more about the nation's largest scuba and swim center!
Elkhorn, Nebraska
3 attraction reviews
“Open Water Certification Course/Instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just wanted to chime in on DiVenture's Open Water Diver Certification course in Omaha...

We took our book/pool portion the beginning of July over a weekend. We felt the course was well led. The instructors never made us feel rushed or under pressure. The skills were taught at a very comfortable pace and we were constantly encouraged to ask questions or practice skills as much as we felt we needed.

We never felt like we were using subpar cheap "training" equipment. Everything appeared to be in excellent condition and there were plenty of sizes and choices to allow us to try different types of BCDs and Dive Computers.

Retail staff was very friendly and always answered our questions. They never gave the appearance of impatience and never made us feel like we were wasting their time asking questions (which I'm sure were questions they've been asked a thousand times). Inside they may have been thinking "Noob!', but outwardly they were very professional.

I would recommend DiVentures - Omaha to anyone considering an Open Water Diver certification.

Visited June 2012

Bellevue, Nebraska
“Great facility, staff & training possible.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife and son and another family friend all recently took training for our open water diving at DiVentures. The staff, instructors, sales, everyone have been so helpful and do a great job. Training is outstanding. We like many other folks live on a budget yet getting our training is something we have always wanted to do and now are very glad we did it. It is an experience of a lifetime. We have had 2 dives in Cozumel and would really like to make this a yearly experience of diving. Our instructors name was Brian. We had an assistant I think his name was Chad, they worked with each student including some younger students and spent as much time as necessary to accomplish skills necessary.. Great staff, facility and training! Highly recommend!

Visited January 2012
Omaha
“Best Swim School in Omaha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We love Diventures Swim School! Our boys were afraid of the water before starting swimming lessons at Diventures. Now, our 5-year-old is working towards joining the swim team. Our 4-year-old asks every day if he can go to swim lessons or to "practice" (Diventures Family Swim held on the weekends). The instructors are excellent. The class sizes are small. At the end of each lesson, we get an update on the child's progress. The kids are having fun, and most importantly, they are learning how to swim and be safe in the water. If I could give Diventures 10 stars, I would.

Visited March 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“What a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I went to their shop being very much a novice to the scuba experience. The staff was very knowledgeable and courteous. They had me take an introduction class and it blew me away. While I was waiting I decided to ask the other people their impression of Diventures and everyone could not have been more praising. If first impressions mean everything then I can't wait for the next class.

Visited March 2012
Loudonville, New York
“Great time with DiVentures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I have been on two dive vacations with DiVentures, one by happy coincidence and the other because I liked them so much from the first trip. My wife and I vacationed aboard the Aquacat in the Bahamas (also a good outfit), and half the boat were the folks from DiVentures. Although we had absolutely no prior connection with their shop, the DiVentures crowd took us in and made sure that we felt included. I have been on a number of boats, some friendly and some not so much. The Omaha people really made for a great week.

Having had such a good time, I kept in touch with one of the owners, Mark Roberts, and signed up for a land-based trip to CoCo View in Roatan, Honduras, in February of 2012. All the arrangements were handled by the DiVentures travel consultant, Ms. Ali Trombla. Once again, people made the trip. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, with great diving and making several new friends. My brother-in-law joined us for this trip, and he couldn't get over how welcoming everyone was to him, a complete stranger.

I am already in touch with DiVentures about another trip in 2013. I live halfway across the country, so it is not simple proximity or convenience that makes me want to dive with them. I make a very conscious choice to give my business and spend my time with people who are great companions and organize wonderful travel experiences. Try it, you'll like it! You certainly won't go wrong.

Visited February 2012

Been to DiVentures? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage DiVentures, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.