“Great facility, staff & training possible.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 43 Activities in Omaha
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: State-of-the-art aquatic center offering year-round scuba and swim classes, plus trips to top diving destinations around the world. Large selection of dive equipment and accessories.Committed to safety and fun, DiVentures offers a variety of activities for kids, families and corporate groups. Stop by and learn more about the nation's largest scuba and swim center!
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Great facility, staff & training possible.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife and son and another family friend all recently took training for our open water diving at DiVentures. The staff, instructors, sales, everyone have been so helpful and do a great job. Training is outstanding. We like many other folks live on a budget yet getting our training is something we have always wanted to do and now are very glad we did it. It is an experience of a lifetime. We have had 2 dives in Cozumel and would really like to make this a yearly experience of diving. Our instructors name was Brian. We had an assistant I think his name was Chad, they worked with each student including some younger students and spent as much time as necessary to accomplish skills necessary.. Great staff, facility and training! Highly recommend!

Visited January 2012

Omaha
“Best Swim School in Omaha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We love Diventures Swim School! Our boys were afraid of the water before starting swimming lessons at Diventures. Now, our 5-year-old is working towards joining the swim team. Our 4-year-old asks every day if he can go to swim lessons or to "practice" (Diventures Family Swim held on the weekends). The instructors are excellent. The class sizes are small. At the end of each lesson, we get an update on the child's progress. The kids are having fun, and most importantly, they are learning how to swim and be safe in the water. If I could give Diventures 10 stars, I would.

Visited March 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“What a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I went to their shop being very much a novice to the scuba experience. The staff was very knowledgeable and courteous. They had me take an introduction class and it blew me away. While I was waiting I decided to ask the other people their impression of Diventures and everyone could not have been more praising. If first impressions mean everything then I can't wait for the next class.

Visited March 2012
Loudonville, New York
“Great time with DiVentures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I have been on two dive vacations with DiVentures, one by happy coincidence and the other because I liked them so much from the first trip. My wife and I vacationed aboard the Aquacat in the Bahamas (also a good outfit), and half the boat were the folks from DiVentures. Although we had absolutely no prior connection with their shop, the DiVentures crowd took us in and made sure that we felt included. I have been on a number of boats, some friendly and some not so much. The Omaha people really made for a great week.

Having had such a good time, I kept in touch with one of the owners, Mark Roberts, and signed up for a land-based trip to CoCo View in Roatan, Honduras, in February of 2012. All the arrangements were handled by the DiVentures travel consultant, Ms. Ali Trombla. Once again, people made the trip. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, with great diving and making several new friends. My brother-in-law joined us for this trip, and he couldn't get over how welcoming everyone was to him, a complete stranger.

I am already in touch with DiVentures about another trip in 2013. I live halfway across the country, so it is not simple proximity or convenience that makes me want to dive with them. I make a very conscious choice to give my business and spend my time with people who are great companions and organize wonderful travel experiences. Try it, you'll like it! You certainly won't go wrong.

Visited February 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
6 attraction reviews
“Extremely Rude and Arrogant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

At one point their website advertised "open swim" and for $5 you could come swim in the pool for a couple hours. I took advantage of this three times without incident and enjoyed the deep 14 foot section to practice freediving and to help a couple buddies learn to equalize their ears in anticipation of our trip to Maui. On my third time there a man came up to me and asked what I was doing and I was confused as it was obvious what I was doing. He asked if I was taking any classes with them and I told him no that I had just come to the open swim like I had two other times. He then asked if I had bought any gear from them and I explained that I had only bought some weights and paid entry to the pool three times. He then told me to leave and not come back unless I'm ready to spend "real money" at their place. I called to complain about this very rude handling and it turned out that this man was one of the owners and a woman who turned out to be his daughter called and although very pleasant, lied that her dad was just concerned for my safety and that they were changing the rules about who could use the pool facility. Needless to say I haven't been back and have subsequently dove in Santa Barbara, Maui, and Kauai without purchasing any gear, scheduling any trips, or taking any classes. I also made sure to let my dad know who was about to enroll his wife in a check-out dive before their trip to Cozumel to avoid using DiVentures. I later went to another diveshop in the Ralston/Papillion area and they were much more of a small operation and they didn't have their own pool facility but they actually gave me the time of day and even invited me to come freediving at their private quarry whenever they were there with a class or open diving. DiVentures has a great facility but the owner is very short sighted and arrogant and I don't recommend supporting this place. In case you were wondering, I am Open Water PADI certified along with my father and stepmother and am an avid spearfisherman and freediver.

Visited April 2011
DVenturesiMark, Owner at DiVentures, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
First of all, I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Hawaii. There are some beautiful dive sites there and some spectacular sea life. It’s good to hear you had fun and dove safely.

Secondly, I am sorry that your experience in our store was so negative. We strive very hard to make sure everyone has an enjoyable time with us, but safety trumps everything, so I’ll try to clarify our position.

As you’ll recall, I approached you as it appeared that you were training students in our pool, which you agreed you were in fact doing. You told me that you were not certified as an instructor and did not hold professional liability insurance. Unfortunately, without proper certification on your part, we cannot add you to our professional liability coverage. Without insurance coverage, the liability for any accident, however remote, falls directly upon us, so I had no choice but to ask you to cease your instruction.

Every DiVentures customer is taught by a certified instructor. Every instructor has been trained and certified by an internationally accredited certification agency, is held to strict training standards and is required to have insurance liability coverage. Given you were training people without being certified or insured, we simply could not guarantee the safety of your friends, students, or even yourself. I would be devastated to have anyone injured due to a lack of diligence on our part.

Freediving is a very intensive course that requires considerable time and some expense, but the rewards can be fantastic. We would be happy to work with you on a certifying and instructional program and our main certifying agency, SSI, offers an excellent freediving certification course. We can, through a quality educational process, get you to instructor status. At that point, we’d welcome you as a member of our staff. We can always use good instructors in unique specialties like yours.

Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding. In the future, I’ll try to be more detailed in my concerns. Of course, I am often in the store if I can discuss this further with you.

Mark J. Roberts

Been to DiVentures? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage DiVentures, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.