“What a fantastic find!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Sioux City, Iowa, United States
“What a fantastic find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere to grab a bite to eat before going to the zoo and drove by Starsky's. We saw Man vs. Food on the outside of the building and figured it must be good, and we were not at all disappointed!

The bartender was very nice and patient, made us feel totally comfortable taking our time to look over the menu. Burgers just so happened to be buy one get one free that day and my SO couldn't decide between The Cornhusker and the Chili Cheese burger till the bartender pointed out he may not want to eat the Chili Cheese burger and then walk around the zoo for hours.

My blue cheese burger (swiss, mushroom, bacon, homemade blue cheese) was the best burger I have ever had. His burger, the Cornhusker, consisted of his choice of Swiss or American cheese, bacon, horseradish, and corned beef. That was the second best burger I have ever tasted. We also got corn nuggets, which came with honey, and fries. Both were delicious also.

Overall we had a great experience at this very welcoming and friendly establishment. We are raving about it to friends and family. We're also very excited to return, I've been craving those burgers all week!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Bronx, New York
“Pig Wings!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Based on Man v Food, we checked this place out and were so happy that we did. The pig wings are awesome. Burgers, fries and corn nuggets were also good. Why are pig wings only found in Omaha? Very close to zoo if you want to combine tourist attractions.

Visited April 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“pig wings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I went after seeing the pig wing challenge on Man Vs Food. I only ordered the regular order of pig wings. It includes 4 large pig wings and a large amount of corn nuggets. The pig wings were very good and very meaty. I had the hot sauce on mine and really enjoyed them. The corn nuggets were OK, but I would really prefer fries instead. For under $10 it was a very good meal.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Excellent little bar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We were out and about and happened upon this place one Saturday afternoon. Almost missed it and then had fun trying to find parking around the block but it was worth it!

Like I said, for parking there is a spot or two off to the side in a make-shift dirt alley, and maybe a spot or two up front along the street (the random no parking signs make it hard to decipher where and what).

The bar itself is in an old building nestled into an older neighborhood. Besides us, there was one other couple sitting at the bar when we arrived. The bartender was friendly and the cook even came out to talk to us when we were trying to decide what to order.

While we were sitting there, we noticed a Man vs Food banner above the bar so we inquired. Come to find out, the Food Channel was just there filming and would be airing the episode in the near future. Since M vs F did the pig wing challenge, we decided to tackle the miniature basket ourselves. We split one order and it was plenty! The corn nuggets and pig wings were very good and the pizza next to us looked very appetizing as well.

You can tell the bar has its good nights and loyal clientele. It offers everything a small 'dive' bar should...... Sports, karaoke, good music, good food and lots of character. We will definitely stop by there again if we are ever in that area!

• Visited October 2011