“Proposal Night” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Omaha, United States
“Proposal Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Even though they were short on rooms, they made sure I got the king whirlpool suite I reserved for my surprise trip to Omaha and proposal. They also sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne. Excellent customer service. I couldn't be more satisfied with the experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Brandon H, Guest Services Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on such a special occasion and for posting a review from your visit. We very much appreciate your complimenting us on our exceptional staff. It's part of our mission to be the friendliest hotel to be found in Omaha, and I'm proud to read that we delivered that experience to you! All of us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown Omaha are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. It's gratifying to read your review. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team. You're welcome to stay with us anytime.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Papillion, NE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We are currently staying at the HGI. The bed is the worst I have EVER experienced. After my first sleepless night, was told it's softness level is adjustable, tried, no better. It is a mattress on a platform without springs...like a glorified futon. TERRIBLE! I have one more night to endure and I will never be back. The location is very good, the restaurant and bar, Spencer's, is awesome.

Room Tip: The inner rooms have heating/AC vent roar 27/7. I find the street side rooms quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Brandon H, Guest Services Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear AJMcDuff, Thank you for posting a review from your visit on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to learn that your sleep was disturbed by the quality of the mattress. I’d like to make note that currently the Hilton Garden Inn brand features Garden Sleep System beds in their rooms which were uniquely designed for our hotel brand. We’re very proud of the adjustable, in-room comfort that they provide. I apologize that you were not able to have a quality night's rest with us while you were here.

I would also like to mention, as I am sure you are aware, the hotel is currently under renovation and everyone here is incredibly thrilled for the final product to be completed. One of the key things that we are changing is the beds themselves. Our pursuit to provide guests with the perfect night's stay continues with an evolution of innovative new mattress in our beds. I can assure you that The Hilton Garden Inn Serta Perfect Sleeper is going to be one of the most comfortable beds you will ever experience.

All of us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown are committed to providing extraordinary service and a clean, well maintained environment for our guests. I feel awful that your experience has caused you to have such a poor opinion of our property and operations. I want to extend an invitation to stay at our hotel post-renovation free of charge. I realize that you are busy, but I would love for you to come back and try us again with our new rooms. Thanks again for being our guest and I look forward to hearing from you! Please contact me at the hotel directly or by email at Brandon.Hile@hilton.com if I can be any further assistance to you.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

First trip to Omaha for business, the Downtown and Old Market Area is great with a bunch of restaurants and bars.

Hotel is great - they are doing some renovations to the lobby area as we speak, rooms are typical HGI rooms.

I recommend this place when in omaha

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Brandon H, Guest Services Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your stay on tripdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It was great to read that you found our location ideal and close to so many of the different attractions Omaha has to offer. Thanks too for mentioning our current renovation. We are expecting it to be fully completed by mid February and we are all very excited about the upcoming changes. I will be sure to share your comments/experience with our entire team and look forward to hosting you here again in the future. Thanks for being our guest!
Concord, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Hopefully not typical but waited 40 minutes for airport shuttle. Counter staff dismissive of complaint. Rooms themselves are comfortable, clean and quiet. (I don't mind street noise, but don't want to hear other quests.)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Brandon H, Guest Services Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We appreciate your commenting on our clean and comfortable rooms. I am so sorry about the mix-up with our shuttle service and I feel awful that you were disappointed with your stay at our hotel and that we did not do a better job of communicating with you during and after your visit.

I can promise you that providing our guests with great service, and a clean, well maintained facility for our guests is a top priority. Obviously we committed a series of mistakes in your case and for that I am sincerely sorry. I will be sure to share your comments and experience (in an educational and constructive manner) with our entire service team. Our ultimate goal is to improve from each learning opportunity presented.
Waukee, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here last weekend for a family wedding. The location downtown is good. They have a parking garage that is convenient. It is $10 a day if you are a guest...$12 if you are not. It is easy to use. They are undergoing renovations in their lobby which is inconvenient, noisy, and messy. However they do make it clear on their website that this is going on now. Several times we stopped at the front desk and there was no one there. I think because of the messy renovations right by the desk the employees go in an office right behind to get away from it. Someone did finally come to help us after we had stood there a while. The rooms are clean...no complaints there. We were part of a block of rooms reserved for the wedding guests...supposedly at a special rate. I should have checked the rates on my own because a family member said she checked and their quoted room rate was $20 cheaper per day than the price we got in the block! She cancelled in the block and remade her own reservations. My biggest complaint is with their shuttle. It was supposed to be available to take guests to locations in the downtown area but don't count on it being available when promised...even if you have reserved a spot. I would suggest taking a cab or trying to find parking on your own. I might give this place another try after their renovations are complete...there are lots of places to stay in downtown Omaha...I would probably try one with a breakfast included next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator...you can hear it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit. I would like to personally apologize for the challenges you encountered during your visit to our hotel. I am very disappointed that your experience was not up to your expectations...or ours. We are known for providing exceptional service in a clean, well maintained environment. I feel awful that you experienced anything less.

I will be sure to share your comments and experience with our entire management and housekeeping/maintenance/sales teams. Our ultimate goal is to improve from each learning opportunity presented and I appreciate you bringing several things to light.

I realize that you are busy, but I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so the next time you are planning your visit. I would love to ensure 100% satisfaction this time around for you. You can reach me directly by calling the hotel, or by email at Brandon.Hile@Hilton.com.
Marina del Rey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel is in a great area - walking distance of the old market area. The check in and out was a breeze and there is a covered parking lot. I enjoyed the gym and the free wifi. The room itself was clean and quiet. I was surprised at how much I liked Omaha - cute city. Also, has a very nice breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit. I am so glad you had a nice visit. We very much appreciate your complimenting us on our clean and quiet rooms, fitness center, and found our parking garage to your liking. All of us at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. It's gratifying to read your review. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We remember seeing this hotel go up in Omaha's Old Market, and we stayed there one snowy night in March during spring break. Clean, beautiful rooms in a great location--how long would it stay this nice, though? Several years later, on a cold Thanksgiving night, it looked as clean and new as when it first opened! The pool and spa are great. Parking at $10 a night is considerably more reasonable than in Chicago. Best of all, the staff will go above and beyond the call of duty. I left my laptop behind, and Sean, the manager, went out of his way to box it and mail it back to me, and he was so patient and polite. THANK YOU for first-class treatment at affordable rates. We recommend this hotel to anyone spending a night in Omaha, especially in the heart of the Old Market. Great setting, great service, great price!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Brandon H, Guest Services Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful endorsement on Tripadvisor. The absolute best compliment a hotel can receive is a return guest, even if it is several years later ;). I know I am biased but I have to agree with you that our staff is the best. Sean is one of our newest leaders in the hotel and it’s a pleasure to have him with us. I am glad he was able to assist you with your laptop. Thank you for being a loyal traveler and we welcome you back ANYTIME!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area? Share your experiences!