You added Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Valley, NE
“AWESOME stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Omaha last Friday night. We live just outside Omaha, but we were going to my husband's company Christmas party and we decided we would just go get a hotel since we knew we would be having cocktails.

I reserved our room online and we had no trouble checking in when we got there Friday night. The woman at the desk was insanely friendly and helpful. We made our way up to the room and it was really easy to find.

The room itself was awesome! Flat screen TV (which was just as big as the one we have at our house! ), king size bed, coffee maker, mini fridge, spacious bathroom etc. The bed was amazing. It felt like it had a memory foam matress!

The we realized that the restaraunt was about 6 blocks away and we didn't want to walk because it was pretty frigid out. We remembered the lady at the front desk mentioned something about a shuttle. So we went back down to the desk and asked her about it and she said it was absolutely free and available right then. We got a shuttle ride to our restaraunt and then when we were ready to come back at about 2am- all we did was call and they said they would be there in 6 minutes. It was pretty much right on the dot and we were just still amazed that it was so fast and free of charge.

Then when were ready to go to bed, my husband told me to call the front desk because he usually sleeps better if a fan is blowing air, so I called the front desk. Usually when we call for a fan at when we're staying at hotels they say that they that they don't have any available. This wasn't the case, in about 2 minutes one of the workers brought up a fan to our room and we slept amazing!

I can't rave about this hotel enough. We had a wonderful stay and if we go back downtown next year for my husband's Christmas party we'll most defiitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
kevinsicner, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I can't begin to thank you enough for your rave review of your experience with us on your special night! To have our team described as "insanely friendly and helpful" let's me know that we are achieving our mission to provide the best experience that downtown Omaha has to offer. I know that our Housekeeping department will appreciate your shout-out about the quality of your accommodations. In addition, thank you for your mention of the complimentary shuttle service that we offer. Omaha is cold this time of year - you know this, and we know this - and it's great to hear that this amenity provided the +1 service we strive for. We would love to host you again during the Holidays next year, but why wait until then? We're just a hop, skip and a jump away from West Omaha, and would love to see you for another weekend getaway!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The hotel is right in the old market and a quick walk from all of the attractions of the area. The check in staff were wonderful, explained everything about the hotel and even how to best utilize the parking garage. The rooms were very clean, have a refrigerator for your water or whatever you like, and come with all of the personal amenities you want. And, the beds are super comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor (room 824) and had a great view of the century link center
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We absolutely love that our guests love our location. We are one of the few hotels in downtown Omaha with rooms that have a view in virtually all directions! The Hilton Garden Inn brand was developed so that guests to the hotels had everything, right where they need it, and it's a great compliment to us that you found such convenience in what we offer. Thank you for mentioning that our team provided you with an informative check-in experience. Too often travelers have questions that can be answered easily by those who know the area best - the residents! Please pay us a visit next time you're in Omaha.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I came to Omaha for the NCAA Sweet 16 Regional Volleyball tournament. The front desk gave us a complimentary breakfast for our entire stay upon check-in. The staff was very friendly and had lots of suggestions for things to do. The hotel shuttle service came in handy for a trip to the zoo and getting to & from the airport. The hotel is within walking distance to Century Link Center and the Old Market area. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Omaha.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
kevinsicner, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Omaha is one of the few lucky cities to host the NCAA Women's Regional Volleyball Tournament, and we're so pleased to hear that our team played the role of host well while you were with us. We know how exciting a new city can be, and it's wonderful to hear that our team members were able to answer your questions and point you in the right direction to some of the "must see" spots in town! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor; you're welcome to stay with us anytime.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel had the friendliest staff I have ever encountered which made my stay all the more enjoyable. I had a great corner room on the top floor which was peaceful and spacious. Attached covered parking was another plus for the location as the Old Market area spaces filled up quickly. Lastly the breakfast was tasty, convenient and filling. I enjoyed an omelet and made to order strawberry/banana pancakes. Definitely a great hotel with a great location and friendly staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
kevinsicner, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
I know that I speak for our entire team when I thank you for giving us the accolade of friendliest staff you have ever encountered. We know that we have a hefty responsibility representing Omaha to our visitors, and it gives us great joy to know that it's noticed and appreciated. If I didn't thank you for noting one of our breakfast specials, the strawberry banana pancakes, our culinary team would be after me - your recognition for their delicious creations means the world to them! Just a short trip away from Ankeny, we expect to see you back here soon.
Atkinson, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Omaha probably 15 times in the past two years. It is our favorite place to stay in Omaha. The service is freindly and we appreciate their fine shuttle service. The location is great for Old Market activities and for attending Orpheum events. Spencer Steaks in the facility is superb. We find the beds quite comfortable and the breakfast is our favorite activity there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Let me tell you what a pleasure it is for our team to read that you have had such wonderful experiences with us that you come to see us over and over again. Your continued patronage is the greatest compliment that we can receive, and we certainly celebrate that we WOW you each time you're our guest! Also - thank you for you for noting that breakfast in the Great American Grill is your favorite part of staying with us! For many of us who work here, breakfast is the most fun for us as well because we get to share stories and converse with guests like you! Let us know when we can prepare for your 16th time around. :)
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights for work. Parking is in the garage next door and is $10.00 day. Unlimited in/out.
The lady that checked me in was not very friendly. I had to ask about the parking rate and I had to ask about a couple of other things. I did notice the person beside me didn't have to ask because the lady that checked him in was friendly and volunteered information.

Otherwise I stayed on the 7th floor, the rooms was a little out of date but clean and quiet. No issues. There room service menu is very small not what other HGI's are. There is a steakhouse connected so that is where the menu comes from.

I didn't use the gym or business center. I would stay here again if in the area. The only negative was when I checed in. Otherwise everyone was friendly and personable.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing a review of your experience at our hotel with other TripAdvisor guests. It's important to us that your arrival experience is one that is welcoming and pleasant, and we sincerely apologize that you didn't receive the stellar service our team is known for during this stay. I can assure you by the examples you witnessed from our other team members that your particular check-in experience was atypical for us, and I know that on your next visit our team will impress you!
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

The staff was very courteous and helpful. Rooms were large and clean. The bed was a bit hard, but comfortable. they offer a free and very good "made to order" breakfast. The manager stopped by to talk with us at breakfast. He seemed really interested in what we had to say, vs. just talking to us because it was required. The only issue was parking in their very small vehicle area for registration. They can't do much about this, as it is a downtown based hotel and space is not available. note: only 2 cars can fit there. However, once you check in, free parking is available in the multi- level garage next door. Close to everything in downtown Omaha. Walking distance to the Durham Museum. We will return here for sure the next time we are in Omaha.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
It is my expectation for our team that we take a sincere interests in our guests, after all, without you, there is no need for us to be around. Our team has some of our most memorable conversations during the breakfast hours in the dining room of the Great American Grill, and we're delighted to review that our team expressed genuine kindness to you while you were with us. We must admit, our footprint in downtown Omaha is rather small which limits space in some areas, however, our attached parking facility comes in quite handy for many of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to note your experience with us, we appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit to Omaha!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area? Share your experiences!