“Nice Sushi and Nigiri!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hiro 88 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 1,115 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 13th & Jackson
Description: Hiro 88 is an up-scale Pan-Asian restaurant in Omaha"s Old Market. Serving some of Omaha's best Sushi along with award winning Chinese food we have something for everyone's palate. We offer an extensive selection of sake, wine, beer and liquor. We can accommodate up to 26 diners in our private room and have experience with events ranging from rehearsal dinners to pharmaceutical presentations. In addition to our dining room and lounge we also have two large patios. Both Patios have full dinner and drink service.
Morris
“Nice Sushi and Nigiri!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

First things first - ask for Phil as your server. This guy in incredible! I'll leave it at that.

I had visited Hiro 88 when I first arrived in Omaha, and was impressed, so it was time for a return trip. I wasn't disappointed.

I brought some friends, who got dinners, when I went with the Large Sushi Dinner. I'll go over what I had since I have first hand experience, while noting that the both enjoyed their dinners.

The Large Sushi dinner came with 8 pieces of Nigiri, and two rolls, one of which was an Asparagus roll.

Fact: Did you know that you can't really taste wasabi while eating Aspargus roll? It's true - I have tried it at two or three different places - I didn't try "a nuclear blast" of wasabi, but the same amount I use on the Nigiri or the other Spicy Salmon roll wasn't able to be detected on the Aspargus roll.

Other than that, holy smokes, was that some good sushi. Phil said they had been getting some good looking fish in, and he was right. There was plenty of ginger and wasabi served with dinner, and I opted for the Miso soup, which was served at the right temperature to eat and not get burned.

All in all, an A+ night.

And try to get Phil, really. This guy will blow your expectations away.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were in town for a birthday party and really enjoyed to food and the atmosphere. Very close to our hotel and many attractions downtown Omaha.

Visited November 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Fun Atmosphere and Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had sushi and bento. The sushi was good, but didn't really stick together well. The bento was very good and enough to share. However, we both got a tummy ache after leaving. So I can not give it an excellent review, but no one else in our party had any troubles.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Who would have thought...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

That one could find such delicious sushi in Omaha??? This was a lovely place to meet with coworkers. The happy hour was great, although a little too short! Food was delicious. Loved the gyoza and beef tataki. I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Omaha.

Visited October 2012
Hiro88Omaha, Owner at Hiro 88, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for the delightful compliments about our restaurant! We truly appreciate it! We can’t wait to have you back the next time you visit Omaha! Sincerely, Charlie.
Melbourne, Australia
“If I lived in Omaha, this would be my local. Love it for dinner or even just for a drink!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Okay, whether you're looking for somewhere for dinner, or just a casual bar to grab some sushi and a few cocktails; this place is for you.

The sushi here is about as good as you can get. The staff are attentive, but relaxed and fun, the atmosphere is very cool, but not too cool that you can't bring your kids or your grandma.

We were in town for a golf event, and went in for some sushi & cocktails. Oh. My. Goodness. We had the best time. Everyone was talking about it for the next week, and several made a trip back!

Do yourself a favour, and when you're there, make sure you get a cocktail. The bar manager knows his stuff. His specialty is a ginger martini (using all fresh produce). Sounds scary but it was so good, and perfect with your food.

Thanks guys for a great experience!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hiro88Omaha, Owner at Hiro 88, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words Lee! It is greatly appreciated! We will be sure to pass along your sentiments to our whole staff! Thanks again & we hope to see you back soon! Sincerely, Charlie.