“Weekend/ My 2 little boys! Staycation in Omaha” 4 of 5 stars

Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Weekend/ My 2 little boys! Staycation in Omaha”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My 2 special need boys had never stayed in a hotel b4 they came to me, So we have been practicing eating out + how to behave places other than home. We stayed close,so if a tantrum ensued, we could get home quickly. We stayed only 1 nite,because we did have to leave early. The room was quite clean,+ very new at the time! The ck- in was quite quick,that is very helpful when traveling/ children. Staff pleasant. room clean, kitchen luvly, we did make dinner,snacks+ We took healthy food for my campers. Breakfast was nice several steps above the usual hotel fare,coffee Quite good also.The pool a bit bland,could use some atmosphere there. It is near Chucky Cheese . Would have no problems trying more Staybridge Suites in other cities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I'm glad to see your family enjoyed their stay at our hotel! Thank you for your descriptive feedback. I know other travelers will enjoy reading your thorough review and I will certainly share your words with our team members. We hope to see you on the next trip to Omaha!

Greg Coleman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Topeka, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We spent two nights at the Staybridge Suites for a family-focused tourist vacation in Omaha. We have a 5-year-old, 3-year-old and 3-month-old, and wanted to stay together as a family while getting decent sleep. The Staybridge Suites was fantastic for our needs.

Our suite had two queen beds in one room with a bathroom attached, a living room, a kitchenette, and a king bedroom with another bathroom attached. We were able to keep tabs on the older kids while having enough space between the bedrooms that the baby (in our room) didn't wake the kids up at night. The bedroom doors did not have locks, which we appreciated. The beds were REALLY comfortable and each room had blackout curtains. We didn't hear noises from other hotel guests at any time or outside traffic.

The breakfast was great and had plenty of food options--cereals, pastries, waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, bagels, fruit, oatmeal--and delicious coffee. There were always cookies in the lobby as well.

Check in and check out were both easy, and there were plenty of luggage carts to make the trek to our room straightforward.

The area of town it's in has a lot to offer close by, like a mall, Target, tons of restaurants, and a Hy-Vee (grocery) a few blocks away. I couldn't have picked a better place for us to be able to find anything we needed on the fly. It was 12-15 minutes from the zoo and closer to other attractions.

We're hoping to come back to Omaha and will stay at this hotel again if/when we do!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Christine,

I am very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us at the Staybridge Suites Omaha! Thank you very much for detailed description of your stay and our hotel, I'm sure other travelers will benefit and enjoy reading this review! I certainly hope to see you on your next trip to Omaha.

Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a Platinum Member, I am really conflicted on this property. They have changed some things since my last stay. At check-in we used to get a choice of two items from the pantry, now it's one thing from a tray of candybars. Definitely a downgrade of service there.

Rooms are nice and beds are comfortable and that's very important in a hotel. I travel with my job so maybe I'm being unfair but that's what a hotel is supposed to be. I look at the small things if they are going to stand out for me.

At check-in, if you use a debit card, be ready. They authorize an extra $25 per day for incidentals, so there goes an extra $100 for a 4 nt stay from your account for at least 10 days until the charge actually hits the account. Not a fan...probably won't stay here again because of it. Too many hotels that don't authorize that kind of amount. I will say that their GM was very apologetic to me when this happened on a previous stay and they did not inform me at check-in that this was their policy. Him...great customer service.. front desk person...not so much.

Did find pubic hair in the bathroom...gross.
TV in main room didn't work properly and tv guide is not up-to-date... really annoying when the channels change from their guide.
The evening meal/snack they provide...very nice for them to do... but, have had better at other Staybridge locations and other suite style hotels. The pizza one night was colder than the salad.

I guess I expect more... if they are going to provide something then do it right....a clean room, a working tv, correct tv guide, hot food hot and cold food cold, let guests know of policies (should be a basic thing), etc

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, Keith. I do apologize for the issue with your debit card and I believe we have remedied the situation to improve our check-in process for all guests. I am certain we can correct any issues that you experienced during your previous stay and our staff would be thrilled to host you again on your next trip to Omaha. Please call the hotel directly for your next reservation or email me at gcoleman@mkhospitality.net and I will be certain to make sure your stay is 100% satisfactory.

Primghar, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel during my husband's hospitalization in Omaha. It was a little hard to find, it is just a block off of Dodge Street, but in a non-descript place. I researched hotels on here and found this one in the area I desired. The hotel is fairly new, nicely decorated also. I have stayed in the King one bedroon, the double queen one bedroom, and the queen studio. All have been excellent with great bedding and furnishings. The kitchens are complete also with dishes and everything you would need to make a meal. There is a great full complimentary breakfast each am, with an attendant to replenish and keep the area clean. There is free laundry on site, which I have been using. It is very nice and clean and ads to the value of this hotel. There is a movie room and pool, but I have not used them. There is also a light supper and drinks reception during the week, I have walked past it, and it looked very nice also. I have not had any issues staying at this hotel, it feels safe, and I will continue to use it while my husband is receiving treatment at the hospital in Omaha. My family will be visiting Omaha, and I have recommended that they stay here also.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room choice yet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel and for your recommendations to other travelers! I appreciate your excellent descriptions of our location and amenities and for the additional photos that you provided. We hope to see you again on your travels to Omaha and best wishes to your husband.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We made a stopover in Omaha on a family vacation, and this hotel served as our introduction to the Staybridge Suites chain. We were absolutely satisfied with that choice.

The rooms were big and quite comfortable, and the pool area was well maintained, a must for family vacations where kids would probably prefer an afternoon at the pool over heading to whatever once-in-a-lifetime attraction awaits in the town.

But it was the small touches that made this such a wonderful stay. As it happens, our young daughter celebrated her birthday on the day we were checking out and heading out of town. The staff encourages guests to let them know about special events, and they have a bulletin board right in the lobby for that reason. As we headed for breakfast that morning, there was a message on the board, in bright colors, wishing her a happy birthday. It made her day.

Room Tip: Springing for the two bedroom suites, if you have a whole family in tow, are definitely worth it. Un...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel. Our goal is to provide a great hotel that our guests love and we strive for all of our guests to feel our hotel as a true home away from home! I'm pleased to read your kind words regarding the amenities we offer and how our staff made your daughter's birthday a great day! We certainly hope to see you again in the future.

Take care,

New Sharon, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Clean property, nice breakfast and all the amenities. The pillows are not that nice, so you might want to bring your own. If you need more towels you have to go down and get them, your room is not cleaned like staying in a motel it is more for long term guests. They have a cool movie room off the breakfast area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Amy,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to review our Staybridge Suites here in Omaha! We do appreciate your comments regarding our cleanliness, breakfast and amenities and thank you for your feedback regarding our pillows. We are currently going through a transition of pillows and will have all brand new pillows in every guest room by the end of March! We hope to see you in the future and should you need anything more, do not hesitate to contact me directly at 402.933.8901.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

OK, so I had several trips with my wife & kids to Omaha when we were deciding whether or not to move. With kids you cannot just afford to eat out every meal. Plus my wife cannot eat just anywhere (food issues). So having a kitchen in the suite was a must and this hotel has the absolute best layout in terms of suites. We have stayed in both a King Studio and a 1 Bedroom suite. The hotel is nearly brand new, the staff was very helpful and remembered us on our 2nd visit, and when something minor went wrong they more than made up for it. The location is really good for access to any part of the city (although the hotel is not "easy" to find the first time) and there is plenty of shopping and dining within a few blocks or at most a couple miles. This is near Methodist & Children's hospitals so it's not an area you would walk around unless you were going over there, but it is very convenient (right off Dodge St) to get downtown or to the airport, very close to I-680, and only 15-20 minutes to get all the way to the farthest west suburb of Elkhorn. If we hadn't moved here we would have stayed here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel, I am very pleased to see that you feel our Staybridge Suites is the best hotel in Omaha! You gave an excellent description of our amenities, location, and hotel room layout and I'm glad to see that you were given all the accommodations you require. We hope to see you in the future!

Take Care,

Greg Coleman

Been to Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge? Share your experiences!