“Average to sub-par food, very good service, fun atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Description: (402) 391-2011
Description: (402) 391-2011
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
“Average to sub-par food, very good service, fun atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We have been at Jimi' D's three times in the past three months. It is a favorite of one of our family members and near their home.

On our most recent visit, Sunday lunch in late February, the food was below average but the service very attentive.

On a visit for dinner on a Friday night in early February, the food was average and the service, again, attentive.

The food, for the most part, is not bad, but lacks basic seasoning and flair. On our recent lunch visit, I had a Caesar salad with grilled chicken. The salad had bottled dressing and Parmesan cheese from a bag. The chicken had no flavor and was clearly heavily processed. The three other diners in my group had sandwiches, each of which was served hot but lacking in any flavor. However, on a positive note, the sweet potato fries were as good as advertised.

When we went for dinner earlier in the month, I had the linguini with clam sauce. There were plenty of clams, but the sauce was much too thick and much too rich. The pasta was overcooked as well. My wife had fish and chips which she said was tasty but difficult to eat because as soon as she tried to cut a piece of the fish, all of the breading fell off. Service was good and attentive, but the food was nothing special at all.

Each time we've been at Jimi D's, there has been a large crowd of diners and the place has a great atmosphere.

If you want average food served by friendly staff in a fun, neighborhood locale, Jimi D's is adequate. However, given the plethora of high quality restaurant options in Omaha, I believe there are many better choices then Jimi D's.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Nebraska
“Sweet Potato Fries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I went here for lunch with a co-worker during a conference at the Ramada. The sweet potato fries were cooked to perfection. They have a good choice of sandwiches and other entrees. My friend had the Reuben and said it was great. If I am in Omaha again, I am going to try some of the other items on their menu. I will recommend this place to everyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Centerville, Ohio
“Excellent Sandwiches and suprisingly nice atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I had driven by this restaurant a hundred times, but never gave it much notice, partially due to its location in a strip mall. However, a friend took me here last night and I was impressed. The atmosphere is suprisingly very nice! The service was good! But the sandwiches were amazing! I don't know about any of their entrees, but this seems like the place to go for sandwiches. I had the Italian Grilled Cheese with prosciutto which was amazing! I plan to go back and try many of the other sandwiches! Reasonably priced too!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
orlando, fl
“Enjoyed it here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

A friend of mine who is a local took me here for lunch. I really liked it here, except for the service being a little slow. However, the food was great. We both had salads made into wraps. I heard their alfredo pasta & spinach dip appetizer are great choices too. I would suggest getting the steak salad made into a wrap like I did. Great place!

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Consistently good food, friendly atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Jimi D's is becoming one of my favorite restaurants. Not only is it close to my neighborhood, but I have always had really good meals there. The food is consistently good....my favorite being the 'house soup". This is a delicious, spicy soup made up of sausage, white beans and kale. I get it everytime I go there to eat.

The special today was a chicken sandwich....but it was not just any chicken sandwich. It was a perfectly prepared chicken breast on a ciabatta roll, dressed with guacamole, bacon, cheese and leaf lettuce. Absolutely delicious! The menu is somewhat small, but everything is good. I really enjoy their daily specials, however.

The waitresses are always efficient and accomodating. Usually, you are greeted by Jimi D., or he will stop by your table to make certain everything is good. I love this neighborhood restaurant!

• Visited October 2011