“Midtown at its Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
“Midtown at its Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Element is my favorite place to stay In Omaha. You will be greeted with a friendly smile, a good old fashioned Nebraska welcome in an ecologically friendly LEED (Leaders in Environmental and Energy Design) CERTIFIED FACILITY.
The central location of the Element as well as the amenities, friendly staff, delicious breakfast, convenient grocery store, athletic center, nearby parks, bikes available for touring make it a perfect spot. A week day stay will give you a chance to meet other guests in the hotel at the Happy Hour in the lounge.
The hotel management is friendly, helpful, and willing to accommodate your needs.
There are a number of shops, tasty restaurants, and places of interest within walking or biking distance of the Element. The hair and nail salons close-by are some of the best the city has to offer. You can make reservations at the Midtown movie theater and see some of the latest shows in great comfort.
In the summer, the adjacent park offers a concert series where you can meet native Nebraskans and enjoy local talent. Bring a blanket or towel to enjoy the moment. Also in the summer, meander down to the Old Market and enjoy the cobblestone roads and quaint streets. The Farmer's Market has the best produce from the area as well as artisans and street performers.
If you rent a car and park it in the garage, you will be amazed by the convenience of the parking facility and its reasonable cost. Go Early on Saturday to get the best corn in the world or the most beautiful bouquet of flowers.

Green Features: LEED CERTIFICATION says it all. They do well and have achieve notoriety in this area.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Southeast, US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed at four different hotels in four different states this week. One was okay. Two failed miserably. And one -- the last one -- renewed my faith that there are still decent places to stay. I must say I was surprised. This was my first time staying at a Westin brand hotel. I have a loyalty but was majorly let down twice in a row and didn't want to chance it again (even as an HH member.). Decided to try something new.

Wow! From the moment we drove up. Clean area with 15-min check-in parking in front of the hotel, nice clean parking garage ($8 on your room tab), greeted warmly by the professionally non-gum-chewing front desk clerk who proceeded to explain all the green features of the hotel. Area around the hotel is all shops and restaurants in walking distance. Mutual of Omaha building right behind. UNMC right up the street (what we came for).

Cool features: very nice rain-head spa shower with lower spray feature, clean fresh rooms with less allergenic materials and toxins -- great for asthmatics (having just come from a place that told me they spray the room and comforters down with febreeze as a matter of cleaning protocol, this was much appreciated by my lungs), less carpeting, more circulation in the room, nice big picture window for natural light, full sized fridge, stove top, stools and eating area, desk with jacks that plug devices into the tv -- which swivels to all points so you can watch from the couch or beds. And the beds! So awesome. I was formerly a devotee to Hilton's beds and thus would stay nowhere else. These beds were so soft and all white so you can verify cleanliness. Housekeeping did a fantastic job too. Not a crumb, hair or bad smell anywhere. Anywhere.

Extras: neat square sink in bathroom, smoothie "shots", fresh fruit, and non-dairy options at breakfast, bikes to borrow..wha? Yeah. Bikes. To. Borrow. Nice little food shop at front desk with wine and other little food items, also fancy grocery store located on the 3rd floor of the parking garage for more extensive grocery shopping, lounge reception with free beverages in the evening, shuttle for locations nearby (with a very friendly driver as well), beautiful view out of the 5th floor corner window (queen bed studio), very reasonable rates (same as mid-grade chains I've stayed at that are nowhere near the level of luxury I felt at this hotel), the best smelling bath products...smelled like green tea or candy ..or green tea candy.

I also cannot believe how quiet this place was. I felt like I was at home when I went in the room and closed the door. I don't believe we heard another human the whole time we were there. Great insulation in the walls.

My only...only complaint was that the plumbing is a little noisy in the a.m. When everyone is getting up and it is heard running above and around. Not sure if this is just a design thing (which no doubt helps with the insulation and soundproofing.). That's all I can come up with for negatives.

I will certainly be back if we are back in Omaha in the future. After two very bad stays at other places, this hotel experience made my week!

Room Tip: Corner studios high up
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We had our flight cancel and ended up laying over in Omaha on a random sunday night. We usually stay at starwood properties so online we came across the Element and had a great price. We arrived late around 11pm and the lady at the front desk was very welcoming. She even upgraded us to a one bedroom corner suite. The room was absolutely wonderful. Modern, minimalist and very comfy. Overall we were thrilled with the room. The next morning we went down for the free breakfast which was more than sufficient. Afterwards we took the free shuttle back to the airport. Our first time at an Element hotel and it left a great impression. We booked the element for when we are in Miami next week. Only one thing I would advice people to be aware of and that is the hotel shuttle does not do airport pickups after 10pm.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

With so many dissapointing SPG experiences, this hotel came as unexpected surprise. It also was my first Element experience, everything was just awesome. Friendly front desk, terrific cool rooms, decent breakfast; If I were to come back to Omaha, I'll definitely stay at the Element!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and welcome to Element. We are very pleased to learn that our modern style and Eco-friendly practices fit your needs well. Our team is dedicated to providing the very best in customer service and anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable we are happy to. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future, take care.
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I will start by acknowledging that the breakfast they are doing at Element is just awesome - so much nicer that other mid-range hotels. Fresh ingredients, served hot and changed daily. It is extremely impressive.

I will echo the other comments that the furniture in the rooms appear worn, which is surprising for such a new hotel. And I can only conclude that in the effort to be 'Green' they've selected less-than optimal fabrics. I really hate that kind of thing. I'm all for being Green but the quality and comfort (and cleanliness) of a room does not have to be compromised to achieve the ends.

The colors of the property are quite muted (too dark/dank for me) and I was somewhat uncomfortable at the hotel. I will say that the beds were extraordinarily comfortable and that the gym facility is truly first rate (though I wish they had a pool). The Midtown Crossing location is interesting and I like the nearby restaurants.

One final shout out to the driver of the Elements shuttle - she was an awesome, personable young woman and way above average in terms of warmth and competence. If everything at the hotel was like her, I might consider returning. As it is, I will try out other options in town in hopes they can be more 'cheerful' accommodations.

Green Features: Overrated. I wish they would focus on basic hotel needs (clean furniture and maintenance) rather than being so proud of their 'Green' emphasis that bathroom cabinets can be completely stripped of veneer and sofas can be stained. Just not a good feeling.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

You had me at "Green". I am writing this sitting at my room's desk looking out over a beautiful Omaha morning, sipping my complimentary blueberry mango smoothie and munching on my tasty breakfast burrito and fresh fruit bowl. I need to do this now, while in the moment, lest I forget.

The last night of a 4 week road trip, and our best stay is our last. Room is upscale Euro: small sofa, king bed (very comfortable), flat screen TV with excellent reception on a swivel stand to allow watching from any of the 4 vantage points in our room, A/V interface to connect computer to TV, unbelievably well equipped kitchenette ( with a full size frig that I didn't have to unplug in order to sleep). CLEAN, clean, clean. COOL, cool, cool.

Front desk staff efficient and courteous. Welcome reception with GOOD beer and wine, and tasty, fresh hot snacks. Shuttle service worked flawlessly for us to have a great dinner at Stokes in the Old Market.

Their operations seem to uphold their Environmental Statement. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Omaha, and won't.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn you had such an enjoyable stay with us recently and our amenities and accommodations fit your needs well. We look forward welcoming you back for another memorable stay the next time you are in Omaha. Thanks again and take care!
Prosper, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is my second stay at the Element in Omaha. Being a Starwood Platinum member, there are only 2 options in Omaha and the other rates about a 1 or a 2.

Great upgrade, friendly staff and with Midtown Crossing right behind it, great food options.

Will definitely be back!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We greatly appreciate the time you took to share your review with us. It’s wonderful hear you've enjoyed our hotel and we appreciate your continued loyalty as a Starwood Platinum member. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again and have a great day!

Been to Element Omaha Midtown Crossing? Share your experiences!