“Best Food in Omaha” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wave Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,113 Restaurants in Omaha
Description: Asian Fusion Cuisine
Cortland, New York
“Best Food in Omaha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We almost changed our mind because it looked a little weird being in a Home Depot parking lot. Don't let the outside fool you! The atmosphere, service, and food were outstanding! It has become our new favorite place to eat, and we drive 75 miles to get there! Its a little misleading to call this a "Thai" restaurant. The owner is a certified Master Chef, and his creations are "fusions" of Thai, French, and Italian. Don't miss this! Oh, and make reservations!

London, United Kingdom
“The reviews don't lie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I grew up in Omaha and moved away 10 years ago. Now I'm back with my wife for the holidays and was looking for a nice place to eat with my in-laws. Tripadvisor ranked Wave Bistro as #1 in Omaha for restaurants, so we gave it a try.

In general, the ratings don't lie - everything was excellent. The service was attentive, and atmosphere was nice (even though location was in a strip mall) with interesting glass sculptures on the ceiling, and the food was yummy.

We ordered the pork dumpling appetizer to share for the table, which were great. For a main I had the honey glazed salmon - this was very good and even though I don't typically like broccoli even this was tasty. My father-in-law had the crispy chick, and it was truly massive and he said excellent.

We skipped dessert because the portions were large, however I'll try to go back just for the amazing looking crem brulee. The drinks were worth a trip on their own, my mango mamba was almost smoothie-like.

Wave Bistro is all together a great find and nice addition to the Omaha dining scene. I'd suggest stopping if you'd like a reasonably priced nice asian meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lincoln, NE
“A perfect dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We recently had the pleasure of sharing a holiday dinner here with friends. Everything about the restaurant was pleasing - from the roomy booth, the simple but elegant place settings to the decor, the lighting and the soft Christmas music playing. Now to the food...in a word "awesome." Our server immediately brought out some heavenly bread which we devoured and asked for more. Next came the spring rolls - fantastic. Three of us had the cashew crusted salmon. It was the best salmon I think I've ever had. It was served with rice and asparagus and the presentation was beautiful. My husband chose the scallops and his comment was "outstanding!" We shared two desserts - the Japanese souffle cheesecake and the crime brûlée - both to die for. Our server, Precious, was personable, friendly, attentive and a pleasure to work with. We look forward to returning.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Ride the Taste Wave at this Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Awesome fusion food at Wave Bistro. This is a great place to go get an idea of the flavors at lunch time as it is a bit lower priced. But the prices are also one of the benefits for going out for a nice meal - - it is very economical for the quality and care that is put into the food. I usually try to recommend a dish, but I don't think there is a dish that is not worth trying. I will say that at lunch if they have the hot and sour soup make sure you get it. It is perfectly balanced! So glad that Omaha has a nice little quaint fusion restaurant like the Wave Bistro.

• Visited November 2012
Houston
“Great Salmon, Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

After more than enough turkey, had a craving for salmon. Wife had cashew crusted and I had honey ginger soy glazed. Both were excellent. Staff were welcoming and their attentiveness was just right. Local with us said she always had seafood there and it was always excellent. Highly recommend for anyone looking for some great Omega 3s.

• Visited November 2012