“Overrated” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 1,155 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Westchester Drive
Transit: West Roads bus stop
Description: Fleming's Omaha, NE is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located in West Omaha off Highway 6, near Westroads Mall, Boys Town, and Downtown Omaha.
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Very disappointing experience. The food, while good, was not outstanding. The ambiance was TERRIBLE! It has a noise level equivalent to eating in a subway tunnel. The wait staff was knowledgeable, but indifferent. The Drover would rank FAR above Flemings in my opinion!

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Omaha, Nebraska
“A special occasion place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great food and impeccable service. It's not a place I could afford regularly...everything is a la carte...but for special occasions, you can't beat Fleming's. The steaks are incredibly tender and flavorful, prepared exactly as you wish. Wonderful wine list. Side dishes are all wonderful, though I am partial to the creamed spinach, mushrooms, and their mac and cheese!

Visited April 2012
“Excellent Staff and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The wait time was very short!
The food was excellent, especially the lobster queso-- yummy

Visited May 2012
“Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We did not get our appetiser, food was cold, service was awful, very expensive. We will NEVER RETURN to Flemings!

Visited March 2012
Kansas City
“Very disappointed!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

My family and I went to the Omaha zoo Saturday-which btw was fantastic!! I got on TripAdvisor to see what steakhouse options awaited us in Omaha. Keep in mind we have been blessed to try Mastro's, Ruth's Chris', Capital Grille, etc. I enjoy a great steak with a great wine. It seemed Fleming's was the place to go. Unfortunately, it was terrible. I made the reservation for 6:30 Saturday evening. We were there at 6:15, and the hostess asked us to wait until it was closer to 6:30. I didn't really mind, but there were many open tables at the time. That should have been a cue to me that this was going to be bad. We were then approached by another hostess who asked if we would be willing to sit at the bar area until our table was ready. We agreed and I ordered a glass of wine and an appetizer. At 7:15 the original hostess came to get us for our table. I just told here that we were situated here and this would be fine. My wife and I ordered our steaks and the Fleming's mashed potatoes, and finally the food arrived around 7:40. I took my fork and steak knife and dove in. I have never had a "USDA" prime steak taste that bad. It wasn't tender at all. It was overcooked for medium, and the flavor was terrible. Bad Service and Bad food means I will never be back. I can't wait to get to Mastro's in Chicago to get this bad taste out of my mouth!!!

• Visited May 2012