“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #30 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
gulf coast
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

This was our first time to stay at a TownePlace Suites but it will not be our last. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. They even arranged a late check out for our boys so they could sleep late while my wife and I shopped at JuckStock. When returning to Omaha we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Kristy P, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at the TownePlace Suites Omaha West. It is great to hear what a top notch stay you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making sure you had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. We truly value your business and look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lakeville, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I just stayed a this newer hotel and it appears great as it is nice and clean with good rooms. However, taking a shower in the morning with water basically coming out at fast DRIBBLE makes the place average at best. The hot breakfast is okay with two waffle machines and oatmeal but nothing makes this breakfast above average. I was on the top floor but I asked my associates on the lower floors of the hotel and they had BAD reviews for the water heat and pressure as well. So...if you never shower or bathe, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Don't take a shower.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Wow, the first soccer tournament of the year...and the "TPS" has topped every place we've stayed at previous! First of all...the rate our soccer group was charged was an outstanding value. Let me begin with the "cons"...it is a bit of a fiddle to get to off the highway, (service road off a service road type of issue)....let's see, what else...that's about it.

Pro's. Room had 2 comfortable queen beds with 5 pillows each. The room was very clean. We had a full kitchen, (microwave, convection oven, 2-burner cooktop (granite counters), coffee pot, toaster, full sized stainless steel refrigerator and dishwasher, garbage disposal, toaster, deep stainless sink...knives, forks, spoons, mugs, glasses, plates, fry pan....you get the idea. :)

The closet off the entry had an iron and board, a laundry basket, a USEABLE wall safe. The (single lav) counter is OUTSIDE of the bathtub/shower/toilet segment of the bathroom. And behind it? A full closet! The room also featured....drum roll...20+ electrical outlets and TWO garbage cans! (One under the sink and the other in the bathroom). The bath mat was made in Israel, (none of the cheap stuff). Additional features included an I-pod docking station, flat-screen tv (with HBO if that matters), an EASY TO USE wall thermostat that ACTUALLY works!

The keys were the electronic "wave type" cards...and unlocked substantial, lever handled doors. (In fact, all the doors had lever handles come to think about it). You felt, when the door closed, you were in a secure place...and the noise in the hallways was well deadened.

I'd read the reviews prior to coming and knew this wasn't a "hot breakfast" establishment. And really, based on the "long stay" layout (full kitchen), I wouldn't expect it...breakfast DID have boiled eggs and waffles. Also available are two varieties of milk, yogurt, English muffins, bread for toasting on a CONVEYOR toaster, (more than one person can toast whatever they want at the same time! They even had two waffle makers. Bagles, 4 cereals plus hot oatmeal (with raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon available, 3 kinds of fruit, juices, 3 coffee's (de-caf, regular and dark roast) and a water dispenser (for tea drinkers). It had plenty of indoor seating...or, you could go out on the brick patio...(where a huge [clean as a whistle] grill was available for guests). A selection of foods and snacks was available for sale in the lobby as well.

NORMALLY we put a "do not disturb" sign out when we leave, because we're not opposed to hanging up a towel and using it later, (like home)...and a rumpled bed is no big deal. But...we forgot...and came back to made beds, new towels...and a room that looked as clean as the day we arrived!

I'll review the Grisanti restaurant later...but couldn't complain about the location...100 feet away! It has a full bar...so if imbibing is on your menu, you won't have to drive "home"! :) There are plenty of eating choices "around"...but not within "reasonable" walking distance...It WAS 13 minutes to the soccer complex in Elkhorn though!

The pool water, according to my son, (and a bunch of other boys and siblings) was "not to hot and not to cold" but "just right!" (Most indoor hotel/motel pools are like bath water I've discovered). They had plenty of towels and a hamper for swimmers after they left the secure pool area. Another writer had mentioned it was "ICE COLD"...it's possible the water had just been exchanged? Anyway, we had nothing but good to say. The fitness room has a glass wall that looks out at the pool, so if you want to work out, you can watch your children at the same time!

It's a quick trip to the zoo, the soccer complex, the stadium the airport...and a new shopping mall opened recently down the road! :) I took "one point" away from location because it is fiddly to get to...but once you figure out the spaghetti it wasn't all that bad either!

Beside the fact the staff was very friendly, I took note that when I needed another key to get back to the room...they asked me a question only the GUEST would know!! :) They didn't just "give some joker" a key because he SAID he was locked out of the room! (Well trained)!! Kudos to the entire operation! We dearly hope to be there again and again!

Room Tip: Read Trip Advisor Reviews! :)
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Edwardsville, Kansas, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Let me start off by saying the hotel was very clean. The staff was friendly for the most part. We called to get our room serviced at 11:30 and advised we had our do not disturb sign out earlier and missed housekeeping. I advised that we would be leaving the room for the day and asked if they could stop by to service the room. The lady on the phone said no problem, she will send someone over and make a note of my call. We returned at 5:30 that night and it wasnt serviced. Had to go to the front desk to ask for additional towels, shampoo, etc. The lady at the front desk said that there was nothing in the notes about having our room serviced.
The pool is ICE COLD. Tried to go swimming with my son, but it wasnt possible. The breakfast is VERY limited. Hope you like waffles and hard boiled eggs because there is not much else. No scrambled eggs, no meats of any kind.
I have canceled my next stay in California that I had reserved at TownePlace Suites because of this experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Had to book a place while my house was having some major work done and chose the TownePlace Suites. Only spent one night, but the staff were pleasant and the location provides great access for both I-80 and Dodge street. Hotel was busy because of a golf tournament in town, but no overcrowding or noise issues.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cazenovia, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were charged more than double the normal rate because of the BRK meeting. Maybe Warren Buffett will move the meeting out of Omaha because of the price gouging. We had a room with a king bed and a pull out couch. King was comfortable, couch was not. Staff were friendly and recommended the Italian restaurant next door. It was terrible. Internet was weak. Hotel was adequate but if I return for BRK meeting a rather be price gouged by a nicer hotel. This hotel is fine any other time. You cannot walk to many restaurants or shops from this location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kristy P, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for your concerns about the TownePlace Suites. I apologize if you feel the price was inappropriate. We do recognize that the rates go up in the city during this event and feel we are on the lower end. Several other hotels were charging double what we charged. We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will visit us again.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We came to Omaha for the BRK shareholder meeting and hotels were sold old! The ones left were expensive, including this one. We had a pleasant stay. The ladies up front were very nice. There is a BBQ in the front of the hotel if you plan to grill on your trip. The kitchenette in the room is perfect for families with kids, people on a strict diet or people traveling on a budget. The gym is tiny and the indoor pool is good. I would not stay here again simply because there are other hotels that are closer to the meeting location. It is 8 miles west from the convention center. I took both the freeway and surface street to get to/from downtown.

Room Tip: I requested a room away from the Freeway.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Omaha West? Share your experiences!