“Gouged on price because of the BRK shareholders meeting” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #30 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Cazenovia, NY
“Gouged on price because of the BRK shareholders meeting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were charged more than double the normal rate because of the BRK meeting. Maybe Warren Buffett will move the meeting out of Omaha because of the price gouging. We had a room with a king bed and a pull out couch. King was comfortable, couch was not. Staff were friendly and recommended the Italian restaurant next door. It was terrible. Internet was weak. Hotel was adequate but if I return for BRK meeting a rather be price gouged by a nicer hotel. This hotel is fine any other time. You cannot walk to many restaurants or shops from this location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kristy P, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for your concerns about the TownePlace Suites. I apologize if you feel the price was inappropriate. We do recognize that the rates go up in the city during this event and feel we are on the lower end. Several other hotels were charging double what we charged. We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We came to Omaha for the BRK shareholder meeting and hotels were sold old! The ones left were expensive, including this one. We had a pleasant stay. The ladies up front were very nice. There is a BBQ in the front of the hotel if you plan to grill on your trip. The kitchenette in the room is perfect for families with kids, people on a strict diet or people traveling on a budget. The gym is tiny and the indoor pool is good. I would not stay here again simply because there are other hotels that are closer to the meeting location. It is 8 miles west from the convention center. I took both the freeway and surface street to get to/from downtown.

Room Tip: I requested a room away from the Freeway.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mankato, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We arrived at this hotel on March 2 at approximately 9 pm. We were pulling a trailer and asked the front desk attendant where to park and whether there had been any problems with break ins at this hotel. She assured us there had not been problems and the fact that Ameriprise was right in the same area meant there was security patrolling the area. We parked in the front lot right under a light with a sign that said there was camera survelance and not far from the front entrance to the hotel.
We have nearly always stayed at Marriott hotels, which is why we stayed here at the beginning of our extended vacation. When we arrived, we were assigned a room that did not appear to be clean. The front desk person was very apologetic and assigned us another room. In the morning at about 7:30 am we went out to the car to find the back passenger window completely broken out. We reported this to the front desk and also called Omaha police. We were told that the manager would me in at 10 am and would look at the survelance tape to see if it showed anything. We did not hear from the manager and after three phone calls that day, Kristi basically told us she had not looked at the pictures yet and doubted anything would show up on them. She also said the Omaha police had a lot of more important things to do and doubted we would ever get our things back. We expected a call back after she reviewed the pictures on the survelance tapes. We never did receive any information about whether the tape was ever looked at and whether it showed anything. When we returned home, I placed several calls to the hotel. Each time I was told Kristi was either out or I could have her voice mail. I left several messages that I would like to visit with her about March 2 and whether the cameras had picked up anything that was helpful. Kristi never did return my calls even though front desk staff assured me she would call right back. Each time she was on a conference call, had just gone to lunch or they said she was there and would put me through to her, but she NEVER took my calls. I am confident she knew I was trying to reach her.
The whole incident was of course a very disappointing way to start a trip, with a large suitcase and another case taken out of the car that night or early morning. Even more disappointing to us was the fact that it was at a Marriot hotel and we received such an indifferent attitude from the manager Kristi. On my last voicemail to her, I explained how frustrated I was that she had not taken my calls and that if she did not call back this time I would be taking the matter to corporate Marriot. I still did not receive a call. I think this is inexcusable for a Marriott Hotel. I do not know if there have been other problems of this nature at this hotel, but it does make me wonder if this was somehow an "inside job". We will never stay at a hotel that is in an out of the way area like this one was even though it appeared to be a nice hotel and not at all a bad area, and was a Marriott.
CR, Mankato, MN

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Laura D, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Cheryl – I’m sorry to hear about the theft at our hotel. Kristy advised upon speaking to you that day if she found anything on the camera she would contact you back. She has been out of the office working on other projects and did have another member of management call you back. Unfortunately after reviewing the video we were not able to see anything.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was the smallest Marriott room we have ever stayed in. The space was laid out well, and had ample desk/workspace because one table on wheels nested under the other. The room was clean and it was quiet despite being in a very busy area. It had complimentary continental breakfast daily.
We had one light bulb that was burned out, but we didn't bother calling about it. Knowing Marriott it would have been fixed promptly.
We found it very strange that even though they had a pool, workout facility, and on site washers and dryers there was no hot tub.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Littleton, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were there to visit our son at Boys Town. The room seemed nice enough but upon using it we found empty food boxes in the cabinets and garbage under the furniture. The pull out couch was not comfortable for my son. The staff was not attentive and seemed more into watching TV when we were in the lobby. It seems worse than it really was but just not impressed.

Stayed March 2014
Kristy P, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for providing the honest feedback of your recent stay with us at the TownePlace Suites Omaha. We hoped you enjoyed your time in Omaha and the many amenities our hotel offers. I will address the cleanliness issue with our housekeeping department to make sure this does not happen again. I can assure you that any opportunity to improve our overall satisfaction will be done!
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We travel to Omaha quite often to visit relatives, and had stayed at this property before. We were a little short on time when we arrived at this property Saturday afternoon around 4 pm. Although this was an hour after check-in time, the young lady at the desk had us wait while she checked with housekeeping to see if our room was ready. It was not. She told us we would have to wait a while or come back later. We had a short discussion centered around our reservation and the posted check-in time; we were told that the hotel was full, and that quite a number of people checked in at 3:00. We did not have any special requests, just needed a room for the night. At that point she told us that they did in fact have a room ready. When we asked how that was possible since she had just told us there were no rooms available, she asked, Would you like to inspect the room? I feel that comment was uncalled for since we were not questioning the cleanliness of the room but rather the availability. Either this clerk or hotel management is completely unaware that first impressions are formed during the check-in process, and although the hotel itself is fine, on our next trip we will probably try the new Hampton Inn under construction down the street. This property doesn't seem to value repeat visitors, nor do they extend the courtesies promised to Marriott Rewards cardholders.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Laura D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
You indicated in your response that check in was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your-or our own-expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
You're a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just spent two weeks at this Towneplace. The breakfast in the morning is the typical fair, and the young lady monitoring it keeps everything stocked and has a great personality. The front desk staff are excellent with their knowledge of the area as well as willing to assist. Room was kept clean and was fine. Biggest problem is the snow plows keeping the bank lot clean one night, lots of noise but the hotel cannot be blamed for that. When i come back to the Omaha area, I will definitely stay here again. The only complaint is that when I checked in the second week they did not put the appropriate rate on my room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Omaha West? Share your experiences!